Olympics: Game Thread - Czechia vs. Denmark 02/09/2022

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
The Czechs have some impressive names and a few real good lines for a tournament like this, their D is not as impressive, but they could easily win the entire thing as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how close of a contest this is going to be

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Don't know the Danish team, but we've played terribly under the current coach so hopefully we get off to a good start.

Reactions: Czechboy

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm watching without sound, why was Frans Nielsen taking the penalty shot? Some kind of rule change?

We suck which is something we already knew.
Well you are clearly the better team, throwing in a towel kinda early.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I'm watching without sound, why was Frans Nielsen taking the penalty shot? Some kind of rule change?

why no sound?

why would not nielsen take the penalty shot when he is one of the best ever at it? i think he is 3rd all time in NHL in penalty shot.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Looks like something we have seen 1000 times before. We are outshot, but almost clinical in our chances, although first goal was a bit unlucky for the Czechs. Number two is just the danish backhand of justice flashing in its final international tournament.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Looks like something we have seen 1000 times before. We are outshot, but almost clinical in our chances, although first goal was a bit unlucky for the Czechs. Number two is just the danish backhand of justice flashing in its final international tournament.

is this game even broadcasted in denmark?

Reactions: kudla

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
why no sound?

why would not nielsen take the penalty shot when he is one of the best ever at it? i think he is 3rd all time in NHL in penalty shot.
Have to listen to more important things atm :laugh: Yes it makes perfect sense that he was selected to take it but why was he allowed to take it instead of Russell?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I love how Denmark is dominated 17-4 on the shot clock but judging from this thread they are very good and Czechs suck :laugh: Some accurate judgement going on.

Reactions: Czechboy

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Have to listen to more important things atm :laugh: Yes it makes perfect sense that he was selected to take it but why was he allowed to take it instead of Russell?

Yeam, Im a bit surprised that it isnt automatically Russell who is taking the penalty shot, but is it even a penalty shot? Looks more like a minor penalty to me, but what do I know. If it was Russell, I think there would be a 95 % chance it would still be 1-0 :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad