Olympics: Game Thread - Czechia vs. Denmark 02/09/2022

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
the regular tv2 or tv2 sport?
Regular, although games from the other groups might be on Tv2 Sport or Tv2 Sport X. The bad thing about that is that we have to endure listening to Jimmy Bøjgaard the entire tournament. Its is so cringe everything he says...

Reactions: Eye of Ra

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeam, Im a bit surprised that it isnt automatically Russell who is taking the penalty shot, but is it even a penalty shot? Looks more like a minor penalty to me, but what do I know. If it was Russell, I think there would be a 95 % chance it would still be 1-0 :)
50/50, judgment call I'd say.

Jerabek with brutal giveaways on both goals. He sucked in the K and continues the suckage, I hope the Czech coach isn't afraid to switch it up. He was a really good player somewhere back in time but at this point, I wouldn't even play him considering the other players available.

LaCarriere

Yeam, Im a bit surprised that it isnt automatically Russell who is taking the penalty shot, but is it even a penalty shot? Looks more like a minor penalty to me, but what to do I know.

Officiating was off that period.

Some things they called right to the rule book by international standard like an icing on a dump in a few feet before the red line, and then didn't call a hit on the numbers into the boards.

Was a bit of a weak penalty shot call, I don't think he had that great of scoring chance when the penalty was called. Defender had positioning on him

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
I love how Denmark is dominated 17-4 on the shot clock but judging from this thread they are very good and Czechs suck :laugh: Some accurate judgement going on.

As far as I know, hockey is played on goals, not puck possession or SOG. We play like this eversince Pesan took over the team and it's not some coincidence, he's gotta be the worst manager ever for us. Not throwing towel in the ring yet, but I already know how tough it will be to take some points from this game.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
As far as I know, hockey is played on goals, not puck possession or SOG. We play like this eversince Pesan took over the team and it's not some coincidence, he's gotta be the worst manager ever for us. Not throwing towel in the ring yet, but I already know how tough it will be to take some points from this game.

who do you want as the coach?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
As far as I know, hockey is played on goals, not puck possession or SOG.
It is also played 60 minutes and more if needed ;) I understand the general pessimism considering the past results but come on, on the ice Czechs were kinda great that period. Unlucky and that's all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Guys I openly question ... Sklenicka, Hrubec and Jerabek as a 20 minute guy on PP1.

Guys that shit the bed in the first period.. Sklenicka, Hrubec and Jerabek on the PP.

Czechs played amazing. The penalty call was questionable IMO. Still, He didn't exactly roof it and Hrubec needs to be better. 2 goals on 4 shots.

Sklenicka (and Moravcik) are 2 guys I hate seeing on National team... always 'something'. I like Jerabek but not on my top pair and as a leader.

Sedlak needs to bury a few as he's played great. Frolik with Zohorna's is a nice look. I honestly think we played great... but are down 2-0.

Congrats to Denmark.. I didn't know this was their first Olympics and they have a lead. I love Ehlers and wish them well (yes I know Ehlers is in the NHL and not playing today).

I was very open to Pesan... I'm starting to think, he's not very good as a coach. I'm tired of former NHLer's running the club. We are run like the Oilers with shiny forwards dumb management and weak D. Hrubec is an excellent goalie but he just has never stood out for me on NT.

Having said all that... go Czechs go.. keep doing what you are doing. I always thought it'd be a 1 goal game. It'll be impressive if the Danes beat us in Women's and Men's hockey at the Olympics.

I would've started Bartosak in 2nd. Hrubec was off for a long time in isolation and didn't even practice.

Reactions: Valdemar

LaCarriere

The first goal was a giveaway, and a tip off a defenders stick, and Denmark was sort of gifted a penalty shot.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
It is also played 60 minutes and more if needed ;) I understand the general pessimism considering the past results but come on, on the ice Czechs were kinda great that period. Unlucky and that's all.

Don't think it's just a bad luck, it's total inefficiency, like pathological inefficiency. 1-2 btw.

Reactions: Swipes

LaCarriere

There you go. Denmark likely won't win with this kind of shot differential

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice goal from Cervenka.. he's played great... they all have except Jerabek, Sklenicka and Hrubec.lol Sedlak needs to bury one and he'll get going. He is 7th in KHL scoring on a great line.

Frolik described Cervenka as 'calm' and there he scores exactly that way. He just slows things down. I was thrilled we brought him back. He's the opposite of a honey badger and we need that. Keep going boys. closing lid till intermission

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Guys I openly question ... Sklenicka, Hrubec and Jerabek as a 20 minute guy on PP1.
Regarding Hrubec, I assume they will start Will next game and go from there. He was the best Czech goalie in the K anyway he should play himself into the starter role eventually.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark will for sure loose this game - Ehlers (imo) is bad coach.
It is crazy how few shots Denmark get off against good teams.

Czechs are the better team, and if they keep it up, they will win for sure, and probably by more than one goal.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
What is wrong with our coach? We score a goal and the guy doesn't even react. Does he even care if we win or lose?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'd keep Pesan as a GM and Varada as coach. Pesan is very smart and passionate but his teams just don't get it done. Varada is passionate.

I don't see any passion from Pesan today. Quite the opposite.

But yeah, as someone said even Jandac would be better.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad