Olympics: Game Thread - Canada vs Germany

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Kind of funny that German TV promotes this game with: the hunt for gold starts now

Why is that funny? They made it to the gold game last time, almost the same roster now.

Internationally speaking (non-NHLers) Russia is the only team we couldn't beat so far. (and we seldomly played the Finns iirc)

I don't think their players should be any less motivated for this tournament than the players of other teams.

Well sure, they shouldn't be, but they usually are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv and VILPERI

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
"Should" can also be used to indicate an expectation. If anything, this is a much more unique chance for their players to represent their country than it is for other teams. Lack of motivation will not be the issue, but other teams being better might be.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Why is that funny? They made it to the gold game last time, almost the same roster now.

Internationally speaking (non-NHLers) Russia is the only team we couldn't beat so far. (and we seldomly played the Finns iirc)

Despite on paper is Germany much weaker than Russia, Finland, Sweden, Canada, Czechia.
The next miracle would only be possible with exaggerated team spirit and this special mentality.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I forgot Canada has Owen Power ... shit. This Canadian roster is better than 2018 ... and Power could be the best player on the ice today.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
And Owen Power
Absolutely. I saw him live a couple of games in the last World Championships in Riga. He was such a stud, and he should be better now, so – expecting a big game from him.
And Kent Johnson looks like will play as well, looking forward to it. I was thinking I would be happy if my Ducks pick him (obviously, not too sad we picked McTavish :) )

Reactions: teddygmr and jaro

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
JFC this looks like McDavid and MacKinnon vs. Germany right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad