GDT: Game PS2a and 2b: Coyotes vs Blues - St. Louis & Wichita - 12:00pm & 5:00pm (AZ)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Jake. You are 70 years old. You’ve been a hockey fan longer than I’ve been alive. You have more information in your head about hockey than I do. More experience. More knowledge.

You’ve got a great memory and you don’t have to learn lessons over and over again because you remember. You remember being told we we saved because of Domi, Strome, Duclair, DeAngelo and Murphy and Gormley. You’re negative because that’s usually the correct perspective when it comes to the coyotes. Anyone who’s been negative about the Coyotes for the last 25 years is someone who’s been mostly correct over the last 25 years.

You’ve got good reasons for shooting stuff down. I just wish you’d remember to provide them more often when you do the shooting.

I apologize for being nasty earlier.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
No, I'm a realist, not a party pooper. Sure it's nice to see the kids do good, but let's not do cart wheels before they are earned. I'm pulling for these kids as much as anyone.
Cartwheels? We suggest that these players might be closer to NHL ready than we'd expected and you tell us to pump the breaks like we've declared them the next McDavidses lol. Overreact much?

Edit: I like you Jakey, I do lol. Just couldn't stop myself from give you some shit.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jake. You are 70 years old. You’ve been a hockey fan longer than I’ve been alive. You have more information in your head about hockey than I do. More experience. More knowledge.

You’ve got a great memory and you don’t have to learn lessons over and over again because you remember. You remember being told we we saved because of Domi, Strome, Duclair, DeAngelo and Murphy and Gormley. You’re negative because that’s usually the correct perspective when it comes to the coyotes. Anyone who’s been negative about the Coyotes for the last 25 years is someone who’s been mostly correct over the last 25 years.

You’ve got good reasons for shooting stuff down. I just wish you’d remember to provide them more often when you do the shooting.

I apologize for being nasty earlier.
I've been told I have wide shoulders.;) Like I have said, it's fine to be excited, and we should be as we have more young talent than ever, but let's let things play out over training camp instead of one period or game. Doan and Geekie, for example, have played great, better than I thought they would, but it has mostly been against their peers. If they continue this play as training camp plays out, then I will really be excited., but until then let's enjoy training camp and not have crazy expectations. The future is great.

Reactions: Grimes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Cartwheels? We suggest that these players might be closer to NHL ready than we'd expected and you tell us to pump the breaks like we've declared them the next McDavidses lol. Overreact much?

Edit: I like you Jakey, I do lol. Just couldn't stop myself from give you some shit.
As of now, we have no idea how far, or close to making the team they are. Both have progressed very nicely the way it looks but Doan and Geekie haven't played against a NHL team with most of their regulars. The future looks bright.

rt

May 13, 2004
I've been told I have wide shoulders.;) Like I have said, it's fine to be excited, and we should be as we have more young talent than ever, but let's let things play out over training camp instead of one period or game. Doan and Geekie, for example, have played great, better than I thought they would, but it has mostly been against their peers. If they continue this play as training camp plays out, then I will really be excited., but until then let's enjoy training camp and not have crazy expectations. The future is great.
And the Tucson Roadrunners appear poised to have a solid roster. Just looking at one of the three rosters we have going and I’m thinking we he potential for a solid AHL squad is quite good:

74684B52-643F-44A9-A9E0-70BC17D1A24E.jpeg

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah, we’ll not to be too optimistic, but it doesn’t hurt to dream a little bit. It’s nice to dream that an unsung player makes it big.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
I wonder if Lutz will go to AHL or DEL this year.
I hope the AHL. He needs to learn to simplify and play mor North/South based on what I saw at the rookie tourney. Dude was all over the place, but never seemed to be where he should be. Wasn’t providing he defensemen with simple outlet options. Wasn’t a great passing option in front for his center. He was roving too much.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
As of now, we have no idea how far, or close to making the team they are. Both have progressed very nicely the way it looks but Doan and Geekie haven't played against a NHL team with most of their regulars. The future looks bright.
I agree. I just have higher hopes now, that they're both farther along in their development than I thought. Might be in the NHL a year sooner, but no way are they ready now. IMO they can't even earn their way onto the roster yet. BA will want them to pay their dues and cook at the lower level.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00