GDT: Game PS2a and 2b: Coyotes vs Blues - St. Louis & Wichita - 12:00pm & 5:00pm (AZ)

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Does anyone know the quality of the blues’ roster though? Did doan and Geekie have a great game against nhl players or scrubs?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
B squad opposition or not, you can only play the team that’s iced against you. Nothing says “Take me seriously” like a hat trick. What I want to know is if Doan’s off the puck play in all 3 zones is NHL rookie caliber.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
B squad opposition or not, you can only play the team that’s iced against you. Nothing says “Take me seriously” like a hat trick. What I want to know is if Doan’s off the puck play in all 3 zones is NHL rookie caliber.
Doan has shown himself to an absolute puck hound recently. Dogged, determined puck pursuit.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Doan has made really outstanding strides in the last year. He’s in a group of first call ups from Tucson.

Geekie will go back. The offense is a nice show but that’s not really a spot that needs work. Honestly he just needs time to grow into his frame. Consistency work too.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Geekie has a hell of a backhand. I believe that's the second backhanded go he has scored this preseason. You see why he was considered a top 5 pick his draft year with some of these highlights. He can get lost a bit in the shuffle of our large prospect pool, but I feel we are all not respecting what kind of ceiling he has.

The more I see of him the more PLD I see.
Doan has made really outstanding strides in the last year. He’s in a group of first call ups from Tucson.

Geekie will go back. The offense is a nice show but that’s not really a spot that needs work. Honestly he just needs time to grow into his frame. Consistency work too.
I went to about half the ASU home games this year. I've never seen him display quick hands like this. I never felt like he had the elusiveness I've seen this preseason. He seems to be always in the right spot at the right time, whether that is open space for a shot, or where he needs to be for board battles.

I believe in ASU they replied on him more to creat space and wear opposing players to allow the smaller forwards to produce. Probably a reason his production dipped and why many thought he stagnated a bit. This type of momentum going into his first pro year is invaluable.

Him and Jenik making one of the deadliest lines the AHL would be huge.

Never saw hands like this after about 8 love ASU games. This is great to see. I felt like most goals I saw from Doan were the results of putting the garbage or unexpecting shots from the circles.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I had a feeling Guenther was gonna end up in Tucson to begin the year. Didn’t think Doaner would be someone I would’ve replaced him with in my napkin roster formation haha
Doan and Geekie are playing good the way it sounds, but this training camp is a bit different than others because of who they are playing against. It is all trending in the right way, but for the most part they are playing among peers. Guenther is starting slow but I believe it's his spot to lose on the big club. The real training camp start now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ok this is going to be a more competitive camp than I had expected what with Doan and Geekie making a serious push.

Yea, common thought is that Geekie isn’t ready but his play in camp will speak for itself.
Can we wait with all these compliments until they play against NHL players. Sure it's nice to see what they are doing, surprising really, but the competition has not been there. Geekie will be going back to junior, and with Doan, his play during the rest of training camp will decide that, but I would bet Tucson.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Does anyone know the quality of the blues’ roster though? Did doan and Geekie have a great game against nhl players or scrubs?
Take three guesses, the first two don't count.;) As far as I can tell, looking at the roster, most of the Blues NHL roster did not play. Regardless, the play of Doan and Geekie has to be big confidence booster for these two.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Doan and Geekie are playing good the way it sounds, but this training camp is a bit different than others because of who they are playing against. It is all trending in the right way, but for the most part they are playing among peers. Guenther is starting slow but I believe it's his spot to lose on the big club. The real training camp start now.
You're not a realist, you're a party pooper. Every morning it's a bunch of posts of you either downplaying good things or saying no to other posts lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
The Blues roster in that game would make a strong AHL roster. Featuring more veterans with many many more NHL games played than the Coyotes roster in that game. Which was essentially a prospects roster. The Blues roster was a hybrid. Their top prospects, solid minor pros, and depth NHLers or recent NHLers.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You're not a realist, you're a party pooper. Every morning it's a bunch of posts of you either downplaying good things or saying no to other posts lol.
No, I'm a realist, not a party pooper. Sure it's nice to see the kids do good, but let's not do cart wheels before they are earned. I'm pulling for these kids as much as anyone.

rt

May 13, 2004
No, I'm a realist, not a party pooper. Sure it's nice to see the kids do good, but let's not do cart wheels before they are earned. I'm pulling for these kids as much as anyone.
You often poo poo others ideas and work and often don’t offer your own. It’s actually the origin of the internet word troll. The word has changed over time to basically mean prankster or inciter of pointless controversy. But it started to describe how those kinds of posts. Like the troll under the bridge. It’s not contribution. Not constructive criticism or thoughtful critique. Just dismissive naysaying. Not backed up by any evidence or expressed ideas. No counterpoints provided. Just negative.

At least that’s how I interpret many of your posts.

My posts are too frequent, too long, usually incorrect and often dumb, with the deadly combination of being overly confident, sometimes teetering on smug. But I usually try to explain myself, at least. I’m hoping I can improve that, though. Especially the length, frequency, and smug parts. I’ll still be wrong usually. ;)

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not correct. You often (always?) poo poo others ideas and work and usually don’t offer your own (never?). It’s actually the origin of the internet word troll. The word has changed over time to basically mean prankster or inciter of pointless controversy. But it started to describe how you post. Like the troll under the bridge. It’s not contribution. No constructive criticism or thoughtful critique. Just dismissive naysaying. Not backed up by any evidence or expressed ideas. No counterpoints provided. Like a bot. A negativity bot. NegBot53.
You always get pissy when someone doesn't agree with your point of view. Grow up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad