GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
I don't think Lalonde is in any danger, at least not yet. If we play similarly next season, I think Stevie pulls the trigger on some pink slips and moves on... but for now, we just wrapped up year two and earned 11 more points in the standings than we did last season.
Good lord, I hope you are wrong, Lalonde has no future as a legit head coach.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not too confident Kane will come back :(

8n132i.gif

Reimer really won me over this season. What a great presence it seems like he has in the locker room.
Had his ups & downs...All in all it was a good season for him.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Good lord, I hope you are wrong, Lalonde has no future as a legit head coach.
I think we've all seen worse first-time coaches in the NHL manage to stick around and make a career of it. Lalonde isn't even top-five in the worst *Wings* coaches.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
The last few games have put a more positive touch on the season, but overall this was a team that added many vets in FA, has Larkin in his prime , traded for DBc and then signed Kane. Missing the playoffs has to at least be consider a minor fail imo.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Because of the contract structures, we'll likely see mostly the same team next year, except that Danielson will likely make the roster, Raymond has taken a huge step forward, and Edvinsson will be up full time. That should be enough to make the playoffs next year. Especially if they get rid of Lalonde. Gallant is just sitting there waiting for a call.

Year after that is where things will get interesting as the Petry, Maatta, Husso, Fabbri, Lyon, and Reimer contracts will all expire. That frees up 15(!!) million from players that aren't contributing anything. It also becomes a lot more feasible to buy out Copp or trade him with retention.

I expect Kane, Sprong, Fischer not to return. I expect Perron to be resigned for like 2 million.

Raymond (7.5)-Larkin (8.7)-DBC (7.9)
UFA (???)-Compher (5.1)-Berggren (1.5)\UFA (???)
Rasmussen (3.2)-Copp (5.6)-Fabbri (4) (until Danielson takes over 3c)
Perron (2)-Danielson (.95)-Veleno (1.25)

Total: 44.2

Seider (8)-Walman (3.4)
Edvinsson (.94)-Petry (2.34)
Chiarot (4.75)-Ghost (4.2)
Maatta (3)
Holl (3.4)

Total: 30.03

Husso (4.75)
Lyon (.9)

Total: 5.65

Team Total: 79.88

That leaves about 6.5 to sign a top six forward, unless Yzerman can dump some of our bad contracts. I wouldn't mind resigning Kane if he wants to return, honestly. That team has a better shot of making the playoffs but still looks like first round fodder.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
If he isn't the solution, why wait? I don't see anything Lalonde has done that makes me say, we gotta hold onto this guy!
You dont want to gain that reputation as a turnstile organizaton. And until we hit our window I dont see it as a big enough issue.

Reactions: dj4aces

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Good season everyone. I hate all of you equally. We will be hungry. Edvinsson seider will be out 1-2 next year. Playoff team 12 months from now. Have a good summer y'all. I'm going to root for the nucks caps and lightning

Reactions: Realgud

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Well not quite the ending we wanted but it was a great season. Tough to take that EN one by Philly. I hate those SOBs just a little more now

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
I think we've all seen worse first-time coaches in the NHL manage to stick around and make a career of it. Lalonde isn't even top-five in the worst *Wings* coaches.
I'm kinda looking for someone that doesn't compare with worst of all time.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Outside of the captain, this team lacks serious leadership. Yes we signed a bunch of vets, but when Larkin was out, no one stepped up to lead this team. Looking back at those two games we gave away to Arizona in that terrible losing streak, is haunting at this point.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Maybe it's just me...Kane seemed off/distant...

They literally just lost the playoffs in a game when they had a miracle goal with 3 seconds to go.

I didn't play and I'm talking about meteors hitting stadiums killing hundreds of thousands of people and shit.

I'm not going to take anything that anyone says seriously right now.

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad