GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (83).png

Screenshot (84).png

Last Game of the regular season! Reimer is in net.
Let's Go Boys!

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Best regards gentlemen, this year is the most invested I've been in this team in a long ass time. As with probably almost all of us here.

It's been 8 long years and we are 4 points off the 93 we hit that 2016 year. Closest we've been. It's gonna hurt a lot more when you can almost taste it.

At the end of the day, make it or break it, this team has given us way more than we ever expected to see; Patrick Kane, Debrincat, Edvinsson, the emergence of Raymond, and Larkin putting a team on his back I dunno how many nights. All the rest while having absurdly high highs, and absurdly low lows. That's the price we're having to pay.

I'm probably low-key gonna weep if the results don't go our way, but I can't help but appreciate what a season it's been. We've seen things we haven't seen for nearly an entire decade from this franchise. There's a lot more to come too, for sure.

We only just hope they just play SOME semblance of a structured game and make it look like a worthy battle going down with a fight. Let's f***ing GO

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Going to game 3 of the Sudbury/North Bay series tonight so I'll miss the game. LGRW and go Flyers.

Just win. Whatever happens in Philly happens. Just win
Agreed. Also, some bizarre and frustrating things that wouldn't normally happen in a game COULD very well happen in Philly tonight. Just think we should all think critically about it ahead of time and understand that whatever the Flyers do to maximize their chance to get to the playoffs is fully legitimate, however frustrating it could be.

All we can do is win our game. Fingers crossed!

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Calling Patrick Kane, we need you tonight in a big way.

Maybe nothing, but a minor observation, last night after the OT goal, he was the last player to hit the pile after the winner. Could be overthinking it, but it about sums up how much i've felt like he hasn't been pushing himself as hard as we have seen earlier in the season.

I'm getting the feeling he's not going to be back next season, unless somehow we manage to win a round of playoffs if/when we make it.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown

Maybe nothing, but a minor observation, last night after the OT goal, he was the last player to hit the pile after the winner. Could be overthinking it, but it about sums up how much i've felt like he hasn't been pushing himself as hard as we have seen earlier in the season.

I'm getting the feeling he's not going to be back next season, unless somehow we manage to win a round of playoffs if/when we make it.
None of our UFAs should be resigned. Kane comes the closest but even so, this doesn't seem like anything besides a one-night stand.

Seeing Holl, Copp, and Husso on the books for at least another year is annoying. I wish they were UFAs this season also.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019

Honestly, I have noticed that as well. He has been putting up some points but he does seem “out of it”. Now, maybe he is hurting a bit after being off so long and then coming back from a major surgery and playing 50+ games but I know what you are saying.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Not getting much work done today....

It's very fun to be playing important games again. Will need a little help from the Flyers tonight but gotta take care of our own business as well. No slow start, play with the intensity they showed in the 3rd and OT and a get a good game from Reimer. It would be so cool to see the team get some playoff games but it starts tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad