Post-Game Talk: GAME 82 - Bruins end the regular season with a bellyflop - Ottawa 3 BRUINS 1 - TORONTO IT IS

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Going to be pissed if they lose this series,I don’t think it was deliberate,but if they lose to them after the way they played the last couple of games other than the third period last night ,they definitely made their bed.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Going to be pissed if they lose this series,I don’t think it was deliberate,but if they lose to them after the way they played the last couple of games other than the third period last night ,they definitely made their bed.
McAvoy was robbed late that ties game so they were trying to win

At one point Bruins out shot them 27-9 so they weren’t tanking

Everyone on that ice is good on both teams and if a couple of guys are off that’s all it takes

Ullmark first period was fantastic - this game could have gotten away

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
And how good has Bruins goaltending been the last two years in the playoffs? I was on the Ullmark train but just a hunch I would go with Swayman in game 1 .
Still think Ullmark was playing hurt during last year playoffs Monty should have replaced him earlier. With that said I start him, he's been the better of the two down the stretch, so id go with him, but Im thinking Monty continues the rotation and goes with Sway.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
McAvoy was robbed late that ties game so they were trying to win

At one point Bruins out shot them 27-9 so they weren’t tanking

Everyone on that ice is good on both teams and if a couple of guys are off that’s all it takes

Ullmark first period was fantastic - this game could have gotten away
Yeah I didn’t think it was deliberate but the total game effort was terrible in both games.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Concerned about Carlo. Hoping he is really healthy and isn't going into the playoffs playing hurt. No confidence in Peeke on 2nd pair.

Concerned about Ullmark giving up 2 terrible goals in the loss. Up to that point he had been great. Hope it wasn't the shadow of the playoffs he was feeling. I'd start with Swayman this time.

Concerned about Marchand. He's played poorly for quite a while now. No coincidence the power play finally got a goal with him on the bench. Was on the ice for all 5 goals in the last two games. Finished the season as a +2, the worst in his career.

Concerned about faceoffs. Leafs are very, very good at the dot.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins were 65% on the dot last night and 56% against Washington and still couldn't muster anything at all offensively.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Maybe Bruins can beat Toronto, just maybe! A lot of concern going into the PO with this lineup:

- Offensivley weak, when you re playing Danton Heinen on the first 2 lines, tell us a lot about, he s doing ok but not a top line guy sorry for the lovers of him
- PP is pure shitty and abysmal, embarrasing and is not going to be good overnight
- Weak, really weak at the dot
- PK is average
- D corp weak in their own D, can they handle physical PO time? Hummm...
- Goalies are the only positive thing right now...Ullmark gettinf the net for me....

They suprised a lot of people this year and hope for the best in PO...Go Bsss!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Maybe Bruins can beat Toronto, just maybe! A lot of concern going into the PO with this lineup:

- Offensivley weak, when you re playing Danton Heinen on the first 2 lines, tell us a lot about, he s doing ok but not a top line guy sorry for the lovers of him
- PP is pure shitty and abysmal, embarrasing and is not going to be good overnight
- Weak, really weak at the dot
- PK is average
- D corp weak in their own D, can they handle physical PO time? Hummm...
- Goalies are the only positive thing right now...Ullmark gettinf the net for me....

They suprised a lot of people this year and hope for the best in PO...Go Bsss!

It was last year.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think the Bruins are happy with the first-round matchup. Frankly, for very selfish reasons, I wanted Toronto because of travel.

But after giving the Penguins a loss that all but eliminated them the B's only needed 2 points in 2 games to win the division but playing Tampa was not a great reward for winning the division.

View attachment 853591
No ..it was more like a punishment to play the Bolts

If the division winners got to pick who they played in their division in the first round, I'm pretty sure the Bruins would've selected the Leafs instead of the Florida teams

Reactions: Fenian24

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’d go swayman in net game 1. Ullmarks been better lately but swayman was slightly better overall this year.

Also ullmarks had two opportunities the last two post seasons and provided back to back below 900 sv% performances in the playoffs. Swaymans turn to see what he can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad