Post-Game Talk: GAME 82 - Bruins end the regular season with a bellyflop - Ottawa 3 BRUINS 1 - TORONTO IT IS

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
For sure. Also, for a neutral viewer Florida-Tampa should be a hell of a series. A real war.

Bruins can beat the Leafs. Not a given by any means, but if they play well enough and stay healthy it's definitely achievable. Would be annoying to lose to them, but these sorts of clashes are what playoffs are about. Bring it on!
FLA and TBL will kick the crap out of each other. Works for me.

I'm glad the Bruins are playing TO, given history and suspect D and goaltending.

But, this may the year the Leafs finally have the last laugh.

We shall see.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The most interesting thing of the night was the Flyers pulling their goalie with over 3 minutes to play in a tie game. At that time Detroit was losing by 1 to the Habs, and a regulation win would give the Flyers a chance providing the Pens lost tomorrow night. Had they waited like just another minute they would have known Detroit tied the game with 5 seconds left and the Flyers could have gone to possibly overtime etc and had a win in a season finale for their fans. But……

Reactions: KWbruin

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well they certainly didn't look like a team that will do anything in the playoffs but idk, I'm going to stick with my theory from earlier this year when we slumped and that is that after last year these guys just can't get up for meaningless or semi-meaningless games. Playoffs they will be ready. Might be wishful thinking, but I'm sticking with it until it's proven wrong.

The way it shook out I prefer the first round match ups as they are so let's make those leafs fall.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
FLA and TBL will kick the crap out of each other. Works for me.

I'm glad the Bruins are playing TO, given history and suspect D and goaltending.

But, this may the year the Leafs finally have the last laugh.

We shall see.
If the Leafs can't beat this version of the Boston Bruins in the playoffs

..they may never beat them

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I wish I believed that was deliberate tanking, it would make me feel better. But it wasn’t, just disorganized and disinterested.
It really feels deliberate to me. And personally, I like that less. Finished the season like they were scared of one opponent versus the other. Sloppy, unfocused, unwilling. I think it's intentional.

It's something that I just. I don't have any respect for it.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The Leafs are finally going to beat them and this maybe the year. It is just the law of averages.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
It really feels deliberate to me. And personally, I like that less. Finished the season like they were scared of one opponent versus the other. Sloppy, unfocused, unwilling. I think it's intentional.

I really don't think it was deliberate. I just think they have been thinking playoffs for months now and these games are just like going to a boring 9-5 job drudgery and they just had a lot of trouble staying motivated while they were thinking ahead. The whole season has been like that.

They might be less talented, but they are more playoff ready this year and so is Monty.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think the Bruins are happy with the first-round matchup. Frankly, for very selfish reasons, I wanted Toronto because of travel.

But after giving the Penguins a loss that all but eliminated them the B's only needed 2 points in 2 games to win the division but playing Tampa was not a great reward for winning the division.

1713338967608.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think the Bruins are happy with the first-round matchup. Frankly, for very selfish reasons, I wanted Toronto because of travel.

But after giving the Penguins a loss that all but eliminated them the B's only needed 2 points in 2 games to win the division but playing Tampa was not a great reward for winning the division.

View attachment 853591
All that was missing was Montgomery sending Doug Flutie in to attempt a drop kick on a penalty shot.
1713346074180.jpeg

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Getting shut down by Charlie LIndgren and Anton Forsberg is just not good in any way, when you decide to only start playing in the 3rd, these are the results most times. They need to get it going from the get go in the playoffs, ramp up the intensity from the 1st shift, in the 1st period , in the first game and keep it going all playoffs.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

Sure does. Makes them look scared and soft. They literally gave zero effort these last two games, which at bare minimum is concerning. Lose with effort and you can tolerate that, not even saying go balls to the wall.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019

View attachment 853591
BS, that a weak performance by a mentally weak team, very disappointed in this team!
Well they got what they wanted, let's hope it doesn't bite them in the ass!
From this point they need to play like they want to win every game, none of this half assed effort anymore!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They swept Leafs this season so I like our chances.
:crossfing

I know Pasta and Brad were NOT happy with the effort and loss.

I was disappointed that Danton Heinen did not win the 7th player.

It was nice to see @08SeaBass08 and his little daughter before the game.

Also saw @DKH and his daughter from afar.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
:crossfing

I know Pasta and Brad were NOT happy with the effort and loss.

I was disappointed that Danton Heinen did not win the 7th player.

It was nice to see @08SeaBass08 and his little daughter before the game.

Also saw @DKH and his daughter from afar.
We waved you guys didn’t see us - we were in lobby between periods you left your seats thought we would see you then went to get beer in that store past you

Yes Heinen should have got it bad glad for Freddy he could use some love

Brad was hunting - I hope he saves it for Leafs

I am not worried about be careful what you wish for - best path is Leafs and then the survivor of Early Bird state

Few believe in Bruins there is zero pressure on them compared to most of last 16 years

I thought Boqvist was really good again - but if Jack Hughes said he’s underrated and really good I’m not arguing

I like Geekie with Frederic - and always been a JVR fan when others hated - hopefully he’s got one big series in him on adrenaline

my lines

43-18-88
63-13-74
21-39-11
61-70-94

Beecher could slide in if jvr struggles

Brazzeau replaces Lauko if healthy and I put on third line RW and go Frederic- Geekie - Brazilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad