GDT: [Game #81] Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues – 6:30 PM CT (TNT)

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
This has been the most enjoyable Stars hockey that I have witnessed in a long, long time. I'd probably have to go all the way back to the Hatcher, Lehtinen, Modano, Zubov and Nieuwendyk era tbh. I hope the good times continue to roll in the playoffs.
That 2014-15 all gas no breaks team was hella fun to watch. Like holy crap did they score goals. I'd be curious if someone wants to do my research for me how close that team and this team are offensively.

The 2008 series against San Jose. I was in the building for 3OT and it was glorious. That team wasn't nearly as talented but I do have fond memories. Overall though I agree. This arguably the most fun I've had watching a Stars team. What's crazy is I'd argue that next year's team should be better assuming Harley, Lunkqvist, Bourque, and Stankoven make the starting 18 next season.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That 2014-15 all gas no breaks team was hella fun to watch. Like holy crap did they score goals. I'd be curious if someone wants to do my research for me how close that team and this team are offensively.

The 2008 series against San Jose. I was in the building for 3OT and it was glorious. That team wasn't nearly as talented but I do have fond memories. Overall though I agree. This arguably the most fun I've had watching a Stars team. What's crazy is I'd argue that next year's team should be better assuming Harley, Lunkqvist, Bourque, and Stankoven make the starting 18 next season.
The Lindy Years were as such
235gf (13-14)
261 (14-15)
267 (15-16)
223 (16-17)

Currently

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I remember back when the schedule for this season was released, I was looking at these last two games with the Blues as having a good chance at being a mini play-in series for a wild card spot.

So much for offseason predictions, I guess. :laugh:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

was it fun?? every time they shot off to a three goal lead they wound up losing 5-3. high event, low hardware teams.

i suppose that could be better than low event low hardware, but i wouldn’t call it fun.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
was it fun?? every time they shot off to a three goal lead they wound up losing 5-3. high event, low hardware teams.

i suppose that could be better than low event low hardware, but i wouldn’t call it fun.
It was fun after the low event, grinding teams before it. Bad and dull are a horrible combination to watch so yeah, I have fond memories of those first 3 Lindy years. He was such a change of pace from Hickcock etc.

Reactions: Kipper 17

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When Roope was a prospect, I never could have imagined that he would end up being as good as he is. The guy is a PPG top line center who should arguably be a Selke finalist on a yearly basis. What a player.

Only knock on him at this point is his durability . Allways gets hurt for a bit every season and also has yet to stay healthy enough to be in the lineup every night during a playoff run

Reactions: TangoMcBride

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The goaltending in 2015-16 was a massive weak spot though and ultimately broke the teams back.

It was a fun season to watch but that was not a complete team and Stars management agreed with that assesment with how many changes they made in the 16 offseason after the success they just had

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

I was always nervous watching that team.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

How could it not be fun? I could look up your 3 goal hypothesis, but I doubt your memory bank has it quite right. They did have many losses giving up 5+ goals, however. I only saw once where they even lost 3 in a row, but it was a quick check.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
oh, the offense was fun. i just remember never feeling comfortable with a lead. nerve-racking!
Yes, I remember those feelings as well. But, always sitting on the edge of your seat is probably more fun than constant 7-1 blowouts. Although, these last five games (save the Vegas shootout win) have been fun to see winning by a big score. But, compared to the sitting on the edge of your seat while Hitch or Bones was trying to hold on to a 2-1 lead in the third is not fun at all.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Yes, I remember those feelings as well. But, always sitting on the edge of your seat is probably more fun than constant 7-1 blowouts. Although, these last five games (save the Vegas shootout win) have been fun to see winning by a big score. But, compared to the sitting on the edge of your seat while Hitch or Bones was trying to hold on to a 2-1 lead in the third is not fun at all.
Entire 3rd period turtles were f***in terrible to watch, the other team tying it up was almost inevitable

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00