GDT: Game 80: Red Wings at leafs 7:00 pm et 4/13/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Reimer is 7-2 in his last 9, Lyon is 1-10 in his last 11. Husso is out?
My man DeBrincat is heating up. 3 assists, then 2 goals and he provided us that late PP which we scored on. Obviously playing with red hot Raymond and Larkin helps.
Beautiful goal by Edvidson. He seems like the most confident player on our team.

I am glad for the guys we won. They were obviously very happy they won and they were celebrating as they won the cup. Good and entertaining to see.

I loved and hated the hit by Veleno. That is the kind of physical play they should have deployed in the games vs caps and pens. It seems to me they perform a bit better in emotional games than the structured ones.

Go wings

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Great win, though this game scared the shit out of me.

Philly’s final game is against Washington. We have to cheer them on for a regulation win and that makes me feel gross.

Detroit needs to win both games, Washington needs to lose both, Philly needs to win one. Or NYI need to lose their next two, and Washington can’t get more than a point, and Detroit needs at least 3 points to clinch.

What other combinations ensure Detroit makes it?

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Great win, though this game scared the shit out of me.

Philly’s final game is against Washington. We have to cheer them on for a regulation win and that makes me feel gross.

Detroit needs to win both games, Washington needs to lose both, Philly needs to win one. Or NYI need to lose their next two, and Washington can’t get more than a point, and Detroit needs at least 3 points to clinch.

What other combinations ensure Detroit makes it?

Well Philly only got that Caps game left. If Caps lose that one or against Bruins we got it back in our own hands again. But we need to win both really.

Remaining games:

Islanders(90 points):
@ Devils
Vs Penguins

Caps(87 points):
vs Bruins
@ Flyers

Flyers(87 points):
vs Caps

Penguins(86 points):
Currently losing vs Bruins
vs Predators
@ Islanders

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
How did they come up with that percentage? I thought the Capitals were still ahead of us?
I just reposted the graphic they had on the screen right after the Wings win, had the Caps, Wings at 87 points currently. Wings have 39 wins, Caps have 38 wins. I'm not great with figuring the math so I can't confirm their percentages.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
I assume based off remaining schedule - Detroit on paper has by far the easier close.
No. One of Wash/Phi is guaranteed 2 points, they play one another. Red Wings need at least 3 points in the last 2. And hope Wash loses their other game. I wouldn't call it an easy close

Reactions: DamonDRW

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Also Wings have Montreal twice, Caps face Boston then Philly, maybe the matchups factor in also.

Again, that's if the Penguins lose this game. Those numbers change a lot if the Pens manage a comeback or to bring it to overtime and get a point tonight.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
No. One of Wash/Phi is guaranteed 2 points, they play one another. Red Wings need at least 3 points in the last 2. And hope Wash loses their other game. I wouldn't call it an easy close

I just mean statistically they have better odds of winning out and I assume that plays into the odds listed.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Yes, if the Wings win both, Washington would need to win both. But yes, the Pittsburgh game tonight is huge as well

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
So great we took our timeout before that last faceoff. Oh, wait...
But we won? And they killed the penalty that they took the timeout during. Idk why you'd think it would be a good idea to hold onto the time out just in case we got a PP and had a chance with 10 seconds to go, weird thing to whine about.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
What a game , Red Wings played like it was playoffs, I don't know why Toronto played like it was playoffs. It was the worst Kane game that I saw with Red Wings.
Big mistake by Yzerman not letting Edvinsson play entire season with Red Wings
Edvisson has become, by a large margin, our 2nd best D.. I won’t be shocked if by the end of next season we’re seeing some speculation of who our real #1D is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad