Post-Game Talk: Game 80 - B's lose control for top seed - Florida 3 BRUINS 2 F

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I asked for one thing before this game, that they would be competitive and show signs of life. They did that.

I don't think you can overstate a injured, tired, team looking forward to the playoffs and a team with no room for error playing for their lives.

Sure, the Bruins could have been on the ball out of the gate and matched the obligatory intensity of the Panthers, but it's not at all shocking.

Could the Bruins have overcome it all with anything resembling a fair shake from the officials? Sure. But what's new? This isn't something that's based on tonight.

Multiple high sticks and other mandatory calls ignored...it's unacceptable...and I will never stick my head in the sand and give them a pass for inexcusable conscious choices that can only be described as bias.

As I said, this is not based on today...this is something the Bruins see on both sides of calls regularly...

The standard for must-calls has been shown to be different.

How pathetic is a league that makes these decisions before play? How dangerous.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If only I gave a flying **** what makes us "look bad". Who does it look bad to? Other fans of other teams? Please see the first portion of this comment.
It just a bad way to go through life. Always blaming someone else. There have been far worse officiated games this season and people are acting like Florida was given an extra skater all game

Reactions: lopey and BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
They beat Nashville last week. They are an odd enough team you can’t count them out.

People always think teams that are out of it are easy outs at the end of the season.

Teams like that usually have guys on it who may not have jobs next year.

What better way to earn yourself another look next season than by breaking a cup contender.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I think Chara was caught up the ice too much tonight, like... 3 times.

I see him going deep in the offensive zone and like clockwork it's an odd man rush the other way. I know it's hard for him to just "not" do it at all, but he'd be well served to stick to the defensive side of the game. We don't need his offense in the slightest.

Chara is done. He’s not going to miraculously return to his 2011 form, nor any where close to the level the Bruins need him to be at right now. Cassidy doesn’t have many options but Chara needs to see less ice time. The transition game has disappeared since Chara has returned to the lineup. He’s just way too slow, both in skating and puck movement.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
They beat Nashville last week. They are an odd enough team you can’t count them out.

Buffalo can’t beat Tampa. Now that the Bruins lost these two games you can count on imminent disaster. They’ll go into the playoffs and whoever they face will wipe them out in two games (the league will call it a mercy killing and say it’s over in 2)

You know, it’s all absolutes

Reactions: lopey and Alicat

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It just a bad way to go through life. Always blaming someone else. There have been far worse officiated games this season and people are acting like Florida was given an extra skater all game

When officiating is at this putrid level, I think people have the right to complain about it. I don't understand why it's so bad to bitch about the reffing? It's bitch worthy. Also, just because one complains about the officiating, doesn't mean they're blaming it for an "L".

I mean, come on.... Torey Krug took 2 sticks to the face, blatant as day, and they ignored it. How can one look at that and say, "meh...." and give it a shoulder shrug?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Bruins gave hardly an effort why should the refs reward them. Florida vastly outplayed us tonight and deserved the win. If not for Rask we would have lost by 5-6 goals.

Ref had NO hand in this loss

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
If this team is an actual Cup contender it won't matter who they face in the first round. They should be able to take out any of the potential first round opponents if they are legit. And they are legit. **** any negative crap. The Bs will be rested and ready to kick ass come next week.

They weren't at all legit for the first month and a half. That's when the Leafs "owned" Boston. Bergeron made Matthews a complete non-factor in the third game. A healthy Bruins team would storm through the East, Washington included.

Reactions: missingchicklet

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I am not the least bit concerned about this team. They’re in the playoffs, they need to regroup after the season ends end and get everyone back.

Don’t care who they face, everyone is gonna be a tough out this year
I will take some of the blame, I changed my Boston shirt I wear to watch the games, did this three games ago, enough said. Old shirt is clean and will be wearing it for the remainder of this season and playoffs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Chara is done. He’s not going to miraculously return to his 2011 form, nor any where close to the level the Bruins need him to be at right now. Cassidy doesn’t have many options but Chara needs to see less ice time. The transition game has disappeared since Chara has returned to the lineup. He’s just way too slow, both in skating and puck movement.
You better hope your wrong because be will be on the ice 23 mins a nite in playoffs .:D

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Nobody said that at all. In fact, it was pretty much the exact opposite. That Florida outplayed us AND the refs sucked.

Stop projecting your flawed logic onto other posters.

Reactions: Bruin1970

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad