GDT: Game 8: Columbus vs. Vancouver | 10/20 6PM EDT

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Anybody have a video of Boll's shift where he takes the slapshot off the back of his leg, goes into the boards, and then creates a scoring opportunity?

One of the best shifts I've seen all season so far.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Nope. Montoya played only 1 game as well and had a shutout. Next 3 games in a row after that Pavelec was a starter. Expect the Jackets to do the same.

My bad, he's #2 in both categories then. Much better than I expected in his first appearance.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Rangers fan here. Just wanted to say I think I'm appointing the Jackets as my second team to follow. So many ex Rangers on the team and Gaby was my favorite, happy he's scoring for you guys. Best of luck.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Was at the game tonight. Johansen was a beast on both sides of the puck, and Blake Comeau had a very solid night. McIlhenny played well, but Vancouver didn't really challenge him that much.

Just back from the game Sit in the Vancouver attack twice end about 12 rows off the ice and I can tell you McIlhenny was a beast in goal tonight. Vancouver had the best of it in the first and back half of the third. McIlhenny was stout, moved well laterally and withstood alot of action in the blue paint. Sedin and Kasson set up shop far too many times behind the net and made feed after feed out front to teammates. Jackets D still needs alot of work; but happy to see some elevated intesity.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Maybe we haven't watched the same games this year. Bob has worse stats than Mason. Another sit wouldn't be the worst thing imo. Obviously Bob is #1 but yes, I think he has struggled a bit this year.

He's not on his game. The only question to my mind is what will help him find his game, more play or more rest? I think play.

bizzz*

Rangers fan here. Just wanted to say I think I'm appointing the Jackets as my second team to follow. So many ex Rangers on the team and Gaby was my favorite, happy he's scoring for you guys. Best of luck.

And after tonight's game Gabby has more goals and points than Brassard, Moore and Dorsett combined. Wondering when "Brassgod" is going to score his first goal this season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So now that we have a new Number 1 goalie, can we get a solid top six left winger for Bob?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
And after tonight's game Gabby has more goals and points than Brassard, Moore and Dorsett combined. Wondering when "Brassgod" is going to score his first goal this season.

That's a pretty crass comment towards someone who was giving our team a compliment...

But yeah hopefully Gaborik keeps it up. It looks like this could be a 40 goal season for him which would follow the trend.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Turns out Nick's new baby has a heart condition per PR. I can't imagine how scary that must've been and I'm so happy to hear that she's doing better.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Turns out Nick's new baby has a heart condition per PR. I can't imagine how scary that must've been and I'm so happy to hear that she's doing better.

Ugh. This was my worst fear when he took a leave of absence.

All the best to the wee baby Foligno

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Best wishes, of course, the the Foligno family.

At the game, last night. Wiz and JJ were awful; the kids - Cam, Boone, and Joey - were flying; and yes, Boll really did have a gutsy shift after taking a shot off his ankle. Nice to see Foligno back and DMac was all over the ice. Too bad he couldn't corral the puck for his own open netter. Nice work by the young defensemen, as well - Prout, Savard, and Murray. Story of the game, of course, was CMc, #2 NHL Star of the Night! Seemed to be in good position, moved well, and didn't give up many jucy rebounds. The final save on Higgins may have been as much on the shooter as the goalie, but it was a game saver, either way. He does, however, create unwanted adventure whenever he goes behind his net to play the puck. Not sure how much I'm going to enjoy seeing that much more!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
didn't get the defensive pairing roulette last night....started at Wiz/Murray, JJ/Savard, Prout/Tyutin...by 2nd period, became JJ/Wiz, Tyutin/Murray, Savard/Prout...and in the 3rd it had changed again...

but anyways, was happy to see we won 4-0 and McBackup got a shutout...i don't care what the refs say...I saw a 4-0 win...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Absolutely :sarcasm: No I'm just saying that Bob has struggled a bit this year and anyone who doesn't see that is in major denial. I'm hopeful Bob gets back to closer to a 2.2 gaa-and the team defense minimizes the number of tough chances he has to face.

Of course they could also stop allowing shots from the blue line. :sarcasm:

While I concur that Bob isn't 100% Bob at the moment, those struggles can be overstated. :)

* * *​

Criminy. Yeah, glad to hear she's doing better; hope that continues.

forktie

Jan 31, 2007
the 'Bus

...sigh...

"Thanks for being a frequent visitor to bluejacketsXtra.com! You've now viewed your monthly quota of 5 free premium articles. Want to read more? Become a Digital D subscriber and enjoy unlimited access to award-winning content that can't be found anywhere else. Simply upgrade an existing Dispatch print subscription for $2-5 more per month, or become a new Digital D subscriber."

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
didn't get the defensive pairing roulette last night....started at Wiz/Murray, JJ/Savard, Prout/Tyutin...by 2nd period, became JJ/Wiz, Tyutin/Murray, Savard/Prout...and in the 3rd it had changed again...

but anyways, was happy to see we won 4-0 and McBackup got a shutout...i don't care what the refs say...I saw a 4-0 win...

3-0, as you'd have to take away the EN goal if you expect the other two calls to have been correct :)

McBackup was great, have to admit I knew very little about the guy and was more than a bit worried about that position.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
...sigh...

"Thanks for being a frequent visitor to bluejacketsXtra.com! You've now viewed your monthly quota of 5 free premium articles. Want to read more? Become a Digital D subscriber and enjoy unlimited access to award-winning content that can't be found anywhere else. Simply upgrade an existing Dispatch print subscription for $2-5 more per month, or become a new Digital D subscriber."

I think you if delete your cookies you can view it again or you can view it on your phone.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
While I concur that Bob isn't 100% Bob at the moment, those struggles can be overstated. :)

Meh. Struggling is struggling. We can debate to what degree. He hasn't regressed to "sucks", although he has cost us more points than he has stole for us.

The good news is that his issues are very correctable. However it is also safe to say he is not coming close to justifying that 5.6 million.

Not sure how much more there is to say about last nights game.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
i switch from chrome to IE to view them when that happens

When in chrome either hit ctrl-shift-n or right click the link to the article you want to read and hit 'open in incognito window'

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I thought Johansen was the best player on the ice for the Jackets. He's becoming a horse on the puck. It was good to see Foligno back, but he's still too cute with the puck. Nice that Umberger finally earned his paycheck for once. Same can't be said for Wiz, I'm not sure why he's not a bigger whipping boy around here. He's frankly been worthless this year. Cam was really good last night as well, he's tough as nails for a little guy. McIlhinney was the difference last night, wouldn't be shocked if he's in tomorrow against the Devils. That's how I saw it from my perch in 211.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i tweeted out that the worst game to play is the Wiz Turnover Drinking Game...had three AWFUL ones right in a row last night

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I thought Johansen was the best player on the ice for the Jackets. He's becoming a horse on the puck. It was good to see Foligno back, but he's still too cute with the puck. Nice that Umberger finally earned his paycheck for once. Same can't be said for Wiz, I'm not sure why he's not a bigger whipping boy around here. He's frankly been worthless this year. Cam was really good last night as well, he's tough as nails for a little guy. McIlhinney was the difference last night, wouldn't be shocked if he's in tomorrow against the Devils. That's how I saw it from my perch in 211.

Agree with your assertion on Johansen. I hope what we are seeing is the emergence of a young player as a budding star. He will have to score more for that to take full effect, but he's been really good of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad