McElhinney
Bobrovsky

Inactive
Prout, Skille

Injured
Bass, Calvert, Foligno, Horton​

major major

Feb 18, 2013
As Coach Richards said, we're going to find out what this team is made of tonight.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
As Coach Richards said, we're going to find out what this team is made of tonight.

I think the team will have a lot of snarl tonight. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. The D better play a hell of a lot better in their end with McIlhenny in net. I'd like to know what his lines and pairings are because yesterday's were not very productive. Which brings up another point of lack of chemistry.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Nothing more disappointing than a team who does lots of talking then doesn't bring the game to match it. This homestand would be a great time to start bringing that game. For God's sake, guys, how long are we to wait complacent until you start delivering what was promised?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Arguably, the team played better after Dubinsky's thrashing of Oleksy last night ... they scored a goal and gave themselves something to build on. It's something.

I have a gut feeling that this game may decide Todd Richards' fate with the franchise. I may be wrong, but I don't think Jarmo and J.D. will accept futility the way the last regimes did. If they compete and lose, I think he's safe. If they win, he's safe ... but if they play lackluster hockey like they did last night; even if it doesn't happen immediately, I have to think a move is made sooner than later. Time will tell.

Go Jackets!

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Arguably, the team played better after Dubinsky's thrashing of Oleksy last night ... they scored a goal and gave themselves something to build on. It's something.

I have a gut feeling that this game may decide Todd Richards' fate with the franchise. I may be wrong, but I don't think Jarmo and J.D. will accept futility the way the last regimes did. If they compete and lose, I think he's safe. If they win, he's safe ... but if they play lackluster hockey like they did last night; even if it doesn't happen immediately, I have to think a move is made sooner than later. Time will tell.

Go Jackets!
When Howson was still the G.M., J.D. phoned Jarmo to see if he would be interested in being the G.M. if a spot became available. Even though Richards isn't fired yet(plus, was not J.D. and Jarmo's guy to begin with), you think they've phoned people to see if they would be interested if the position became available? Also, I've seen people wanting Peter Laviolette, how was his relationship with Bobrovsky? I want to say good(was it him who kept on talking about Bob's work ethic?). Who else is out there? Brad Shaw of the Blues? J.D./Jarmo connections.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Basically a playoff team last year (missing out due to a tiebreaker) to talking of firing a coach after 7 games with a mere -5 goal differential (-3 of which was last night).

Wow. The spirit of Al Davis and George Steinbrenner is alive and well.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Basically a playoff team last year (missing out due to a tiebreaker) to talking of firing a coach after 7 games with a mere -5 goal differential (-3 of which was last night).

Welcome to the world of instant gratification.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
This game is critical! It's time to get it together!
Hit the body! Hit the body!
Keep it simple!
Keep the feet moving!
Crash the net! Crash the net!

GO JACKETS!!! WOOO!!!!

/foams at mouth. Falls over.

Tanevian*

Nucks fans are saying exactly the same thing about facing our backup!

3 common themes of fans of every team:

1) OMG, we always make back ups look like HOFers.
2) Why does it seem that so many players score their first goal against us?
3) Our team is a slump buster.

That said, Lack is expected to be good for us and a possible future starter. I don't think anyone is hoping Mc is going to be that guy.

Tanevian*

Paul Holmgren is upset he wasn't included.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@jrimercbj: #CBJ will have both Prout and Foligno back in their lineup tonight vs #Canucks at Nationwide.”

Paisano*

Must have missed couple of posts, when did we start calling for Richards head after last nights game? If you are talking about where I asked when do people start talking about it, along with three other topics, then once again you misinterpreted it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

The only thing I can say is that a decade of futility doesn't leave you much wiggle room. Don't want constant scrutiny after even minor setbacks? Don't suck for 12 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad