GDT: Game 8: Columbus vs. Vancouver | 10/20 6PM EDT

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
What a difference from last nights postgame. Instead of coach replacement talk, it is crappy in game music talk.

IHeartZherdev*

Maybe we haven't watched the same games this year. Bob has worse stats than Mason. Another sit wouldn't be the worst thing imo. Obviously Bob is #1 but yes, I think he has struggled a bit this year.

I'm embarrassed for you

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Maybe we haven't watched the same games this year. Bob has worse stats than Mason. Another sit wouldn't be the worst thing imo. Obviously Bob is #1 but yes, I think he has struggled a bit this year.

Mason is arguably putting up top 5 goalie numbers right now. Your point?

Bob hasn't been Bob, and he's let in some softies. But I think 'struggling' is too harsh of a word. And the (serious) goalie controversy posts, oh please.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Was at the game tonight. Johansen was a beast on both sides of the puck, and Blake Comeau had a very solid night. McIlhenny played well, but Vancouver didn't really challenge him that much.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

This little soundbite kind of conveniently ignores that Mason is .923/2.37 right now...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What a difference from last nights postgame. Instead of coach replacement talk, it is crappy in game music talk.

Such talk was still occurring in the chatroom. Either Richards needs to do some remedial work with these guys w/r/t puck control and possession or we need to find someone who will. It's getting rather frustrating. :(

Y'all just thank G-d my boy was there to make something good out of Johansen's pass. ;)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This little soundbite kind of conveniently ignores that Mason is .923/2.37 right now...

HUH? No that is exactly the point. Bob is .917(not bad)/2.70(not good). Its not like Mase is having a Vezina campaign or he is playing for a very good team. Mase is performing better than Bob this year. Stats don't lie. Sometimes, actually many times I can't believe the homerism of Jacket fans. At least those on this board.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Bob's been solid. Not mind blowing amazing, but solid. It's because of the team (not the goaltending) that we have lost games. An inability to score goals and defensive breakdowns. Sure there have been a couple of softies, but those happen.

McElhinney was solid and hopefully will be in the 10-20 games he starts this season.

I wish Johansen brought it every night like he brings it versus the Canucks. He's got real talent and if he improves his decision making and consistency he'll be a real impact player. Fun fact: Johansen is only a year and some odd months older than Murray.

Speaking of, Murray was good tonight for the second game in a row. He's getting pushed around physically a bit, but his play with the puck is real good. Also does an excellent job of taking away passing / shooting lanes.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Richards is smart he plays "Curtis Hasek" aka "Mcbackup" as the Nucks fans put it next game as well. We need to keep that battle going for the starting position. Just enough to keep pushing Bob to his fullest.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Back from the game. Really liked our overall game tonight, this was a team win for sure. It was evident to me that Foligno is very important to this team, it was a noticeable difference having him back out on the ice tonight. Liked Comeau's game and MacKenzie's as well. I was so so happy to see us follow our gameplan in the first period, especially having 20 hits, we set the tone for the game. The rest of this homestand is pretty crucial, if the team that shows up tonight shows up the next 3, we will take at least 6 points if not 8 imo. Important win.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Back from the game. Much-needed win, and agreed that Johan is coming into his own.

Still, pretty passive game from the Jacket, especially early on. We've had some games that we could have won and let slip away. This was a game that we could have lost and managed to close it out. The latter ones feel much better though.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Arguably, for much of the last three games, Johansen has been the team's best, most consistent forward.

I give it one game below that level before the "trade Johansen while we can still get a bag of pucks for him" talk ramps back up.

Somewhat :sarcasm: ... but mostly serious.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
HUH? No that is exactly the point. Bob is .917(not bad)/2.70(not good). Its not like Mase is having a Vezina campaign or he is playing for a very good team. Mase is performing better than Bob this year. Stats don't lie. Sometimes, actually many times I can't believe the homerism of Jacket fans. At least those on this board.

Are you therefore taking the position that we should have kept Mason? :D

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Are you therefore taking the position that we should have kept Mason? :D

Absolutely :sarcasm: No I'm just saying that Bob has struggled a bit this year and anyone who doesn't see that is in major denial. I'm hopeful Bob gets back to closer to a 2.2 gaa-and the team defense minimizes the number of tough chances he has to face.

Of course they could also stop allowing shots from the blue line. :sarcasm:

bizzz*

I'm having Deja Vu.
Last season after the 8th game people also were saying that Mason is better than Bob.
At this point every single signed with the Jackets goalie (including Smith, McKenna and Forsberg) has winning record and better than Bob SV% and GAA. Send Bob to the ECHL along with the other Vezina nominee from NYC.

bizzz*

McElhinney now leads the league in save % and is tied for the lead in GAA. :naughty:
Nope. Montoya played only 1 game as well and had a shutout. Next 3 games in a row after that Pavelec was a starter. Expect the Jackets to do the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad