Post-Game Talk: Game 8 - BRUINS play 60 Minutes and are rewarded - BRUINS 2 Sharks 1 - FINAL

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good night for Heinen, I hope that is it for him and he's up here for good.

Is there any doubt Backes has more value to this team as a center. I hope he stays there and will forever wonder why it took so long.

Tim Schaller was solid.

Frank Vatrano made a lot happen with his hustle. The points will come.

Loved the D-pairings by the end of the game. I hope they stick with Chara-McAvoy, Krug-Carlo, and leave Miller on the Right-side of whoever. Postma was good as well.

Good to see Khudobin bounce back from a rough outing. He needed to play well here.

Reactions: Strafer and HustleB

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Good win for these guys but I would hope Cassidy has a bit more confidence in all the lines.

Reactions: HustleB

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ha thanks

Tuukka was the happiest guy after to see Dobby- they look like they got a bromance going

Did you look over at Cassidy during the game? He's been pretty poised but tonight looked wound up- maybe because his team was running around and the Sharks swarmed that first period -,based on opportunities 2-3 goals felt about right but Boston got out of there ahead

The refs sucked but especially Gord Dwyer he had a hair across his ass but whereas every ref chats, smiles, kids with the players he seemed like a real prick - no interaction and don't talk to me or question my calls

Dobby is pretty friendly and gets along with all. He is pretty funny when he is sitting there next to us.

The coach was pissed off at the poor call by the refs...so were we.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
actually felt bad for kuraly. two of those penalties were very weak calls. but even worse was that plays were ending on his stick every time.. id rather try and get belesky going and let kuraly take a breather.. great battle all game in front of the net, though debrusk was all over the place tonight. he is slowly turning into one of my favorites

Reactions: Strafer

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Credit to Dobby for bouncing back in this game.

He may almost give me a stroke most nights watching him but they've got 7 out of 8 possible points with him in nets so that's a far cry from last year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dobby is pretty friendly and gets along with all. He is pretty funny when he is saying there next to us.

The coach was pissed off at the poor call by the refs...so were we.
I felt bad for Kuraly. We were wondering if he'd even leave the penalty box after his third minor penalty the Sharks scored on.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Glad to hear Cassidy went after the refs. I hated the way Claude never said anything. A little tap on the leg after the shot and they call a penalty with 2 mins left.

I mean 6-2 for the PPs and a 5-on-3. Year after year.

have to give Cassidy credit, he definitely seems hungry and motivated to win. Thought the other coach complaining about lifting the net was hilarious.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
And Dobby lifting the net was hilarious. Of course he meant to do it. I think the Sharks were treated, uh, very kindly by the refs that game so there's no need for them to feel hard done by that game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good night for Heinen, I hope that is it for him and he's up here for good.

Is there any doubt Backes has more value to this team as a center. I hope he stays there and will forever wonder why it took so long.

Tim Schaller was solid.

Frank Vatrano made a lot happen with his hustle. The points will come.

Loved the D-pairings by the end of the game. I hope they stick with Chara-McAvoy, Krug-Carlo, and leave Miller on the Right-side of whoever. Postma was good as well.

Good to see Khudobin bounce back from a rough outing. He needed to play well here.

I`ve been critical of FV but props when they are due, played a sound game, don`t think it`s a coincidence he also appeared to have 4-5 shots

Postma`s game was pleasantly solid

Now, if we could only find a sucker to take Beleskey off their hands......best I`ve seen him look all year from upstairs:)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Credit to Dobby for bouncing back in this game.

He may almost give me a stroke most nights watching him but they've got 7 out of 8 possible points with him in nets so that's a far cry from last year.

No doubt, he didn't get 7 points for this team until Feb. 23rd last year.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Watching Dobby play gives me a heart attack he looks like a fish out of water. But he managed to stop the puck pretty much every time so I'll take it.

MavAvoy was such a stud. Wow. Carlo had a great game too.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watching Dobby play gives me a heart attack he looks like a fish out of water. But he managed to stop the puck pretty much every time so I'll take it.

I hear ya, reminds me at time of Timmy, out of position, sometimes not handling a rebound with ease but at least last night, made the saves when the B`s needed him to.

Carlo played very well as did CM. Not sure how much ice time Heinen played but it felt like not a ton but talk about a guy taking care of business regardless of how much TOI he played and whom he played with

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I hope Cassidy keeps these pairing together, especially the Top 4:

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
XXXX - Miller

XXXX = Postma, McQuaid, O'Gara, Gryz.

I'm not sure if any of these guys are the ideal partners for Miller, but I'd like to keep Miller on the right side (might be hard if paired with McQuaid).

Ideally I'd like to find a left-shot guy who has a bit of a puck-moving game, but can kill penalties (although McAvoy looks to be gaining some trust on the PK). Think Andrew Ference for that 3rd pairing.

If McAvoy does become a regular penalty killer, I wouldn't mind trying Gryz out again as the 6th D alongside Miller with minimal special teams work.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Love the win, of course. I'm concerned that the Bruins were outmuscled for most of the game. This was the first time this season that I thought the opposing team was clearly stronger, and the Bs seemed to spend a lot of time pinned in their own zone.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I like the future lines to look like so:
Marshy-Bergy-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Vatran0-Backes-Heinen
Beleskey-Nash-Schaller
Agostino

Hopefully we can upgrade the top 9 and grab a LD or two before the deadline, trade McQuaid or Miller and Spooner.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Very competitive game to watch. Both teams played well and took turns outplaying each other.

Not just the goals from Heinen but he played well all over the ice. Nice outlet passes under pressure. He is one smart player that I underrated.

Every time I thought the Bruins were going to get something going offensively San Jose seemed to be able to break it up. Pastrnak didn't really get many good looks. Credit to San Jose's D...I thought they played very well as a group and competed hard.

The Bruins are going to very difficult to contain once the youngsters start to really get going. Can't wait to see it. All of these kids can really move up and down the ice.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And Dobby lifting the net was hilarious. Of course he meant to do it. I think the Sharks were treated, uh, very kindly by the refs that game so there's no need for them to feel hard done by that game.
Weei's Ty Anderson has a great article on the Sharks were irked on net off moorings - but Cassidy brings the heat on his take of the game he saw

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Weei's Ty Anderson has a great article on the Sharks were irked on net off moorings - but Cassidy brings the heat on his take of the game he saw
How could they be irked,they were on the power play seems like most the game.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It was nice to see them bounce back and start the real season with a win. Hopefully this one gave them some confidence. I think Cassidy does a great job of handling the goaltending decisions. Last season he also handled it well and built some confidence with Dobby as the season wound down. As everyone has mentioned, Heinen looked great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad