Post-Game Talk: Game 8 - BRUINS play 60 Minutes and are rewarded - BRUINS 2 Sharks 1 - FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

cut.jpg

EVENT SUMMARY

GAME SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreghorn2

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
great coming out game for Heinen...so happy to see him score and grab a roster spot. Kid has earned it with his play and his dominant play in Providence. It's fun getting to see him take that next step after getting to watch him play so well in AHL. Showing he is ready. Very smart player, love that he can kill penalties too. Vision and passing is excellent, hockey sense is great. Skates well.

Khudobin is scary but love when he gets in the zone. Big win for him, he made some amazing saves.

McAvoy a really great game out of him too, hits, quick transitions, blocks. Carlo looked solid too at times. Postma I didnt even notice...which is good.

K.Miller-Chara HUGE playing the last few minutes. Great job by them to shut things down.

Backes one of his better games, seems to be getting more comfortable.

I really liked Schaller tonight, good hustle.

Wish Vatrano netted one tonight, one of his better games, skated real well, some dangerous shots, hit...good on forecheck. I liked Debrusk too, he was noticeable even if he didnt do much on the scoreboard, cycled, got to the net...kid knows where he needs to be.

Pasta had a real rough night. Bergeron line looked like they couldnt get much going.

Kuraly...not good. I think he needs some time in Providence.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That's about as complete a game as you can have as a goalie. Quick glove. Great rebound control. Near perfect positioning. Reacting to deflected shots. Making numerous difficult saves. Sharks could have easily had 3 or 4 goals.

Also, good to see the Bs clogging up the space near the net better tonight and not allowing deadly open looks multiple times. A lot to like tonight from several players and the team as a whole.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- The Bruins need to work on clearing the puck under pressure. Way too many battles lost in our own end along the walls and flat out whiffs on easy clears...and it's not just tonight.

- The rookies have their fingerprints all over the stat sheets on the Bruins wins. DeBrusk, Bjork, Heinen, and McAvoy - the kids are alright.

- Chara was a beast tonight on the PK, but he and the rest of the D not named McAvoy need to go back to Square 1 with getting the puck out of the zone.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy went bat shit after game at refs

They sucked so bad I memorized their numbers to see who they are (2 and 19)

One of worst games ever seen

Chara was great

Krug was flying he had another gear - apparently his demise has been put on hold for another day

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I liked Heinen, Vatrano, Schaller, and Backes. Can we keep Backes at center, please? He looked much better there.

I'll give Dobby credit, he had a great game. He shouldn't have pushed the net off but it's probably a good thing he did :laugh:

Bergeron and Marchand each played over 22 minutes. I realize all the PKs played a factor in that, but I don't think Bergeron is ready for that heavy of a load yet. He looked half dead at times. Marchand didn't have his best game either.

They needed a win like this, Los Angeles is going to be a big game.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The guys on the PK were fantastic tonight. Schaller, Bergeron and Marchand each had 4+ minutes of PK time. Surprised Nash only had 3:23on the PK

Reactions: BMC

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Cassidy went bat **** after game at refs

They sucked so bad I memorized their numbers to see who they are (2 and 19)

One of worst games ever seen

Chara was great

Krug was flying he had another gear - apparently his demise has been put on hold for another day

Good for Cassidy for giving it to those refs, they did their best to hand San Jose the game. Only the Bruins can play at home and get hosed on a consistent basis. Contrast that with the Habs tonight who are getting thumped by LA but are getting plenty of PP chances.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Glad to see the boys got the win!

Holy shit, 36 saves for Khudobin? Not bad, right? I mean, no soft rebounds or anything? Obviously I was working and missed the game....

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I liked Heinen, Vatrano, Schaller, and Backes. Can we keep Backes at center, please? He looked much better there.

I'll give Dobby credit, he had a great game. He shouldn't have pushed the net off but it's probably a good thing he did :laugh:

Bergeron and Marchand each played over 22 minutes. I realize all the PKs played a factor in that, but I don't think Bergeron is ready for that heavy of a load yet. He looked half dead at times. Marchand didn't have his best game either.

They needed a win like this, Los Angeles is going to be a big game.

LA beat Montreal 4-0 tonight. They are playing lights out.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Heinen was outstanding. Can't believe he only played 8 minutes. Had positive impact on just about every shift he was on.

Backes had his best game in a while.

Khudobin had a strong game.

Vatrano was quietly good.

Kuraly probably heading to Providence.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Heinen did a lot with less than 9 minutes. Impressive. The puck was following him tonight. Vatrano too, just without the results. Actually had scoring impact from the bottom-6. Would like to see more of that. Hopefully a sign of things to come, especially with Backes in the middle.

Thought that might have been McAvoy's best game of the season.

Khudobin was the #1 star though. Ride him while you can IMO.

Reactions: DKH

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Good game.

Nice to see them do a better job in front of their net. As a team they still gave up a lot of shots but they limited second chances and they made the front of the net a tough place to play, which is critical against that team. SJ gets a ton of goals from net front traffic and tips.

If Dobby is going to play that well, Rask can stay on the bench.

Heinen was very impressive again. Beyond the goals and the great pass to Nash, he's terrific at reading the play and creating turnovers. He was good on the PK too. Congrats to him on getting his first NHL goal. Gotta get him more than 9 minutes TOI.

Thought Vatrano had a strong game, getting in on the forecheck, hitting and creating turnovers. Seemed like he had 7 or 8 shots, but also played less than 9 minutes.

Thought Krug had his best game of the season.

Backes best game of the season? I think so. 16:42 of ice time, 55% at the dot, 1 assist, +1. Yes please.

Chara was excellent as well. 26 minutes, 8+ on the PK alone. Love seeing him paired with McAvoy, who was also good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad