Post-Game Talk: Game 8 - BRUINS play 60 Minutes and are rewarded - BRUINS 2 Sharks 1 - FINAL

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Glad to hear Cassidy went after the refs. I hated the way Claude never said anything. A little tap on the leg after the shot and they call a penalty with 2 mins left.

I mean 6-2 for the PPs and a 5-on-3. Year after year.

Reactions: northeastern

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And hey, we get another game on Saturday....wheeeeeeee!!!

Hopefully LA is overconfident after shutting out Montreal :D

Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Cassidy went bat **** after game at refs

They sucked so bad I memorized their numbers to see who they are (2 and 19)

One of worst games ever seen

Chara was great

Krug was flying he had another gear - apparently his demise has been put on hold for another day

Entirely disgusted with the officiating in this league.

It’s just horiffic.

Honestly, the average game is officiated at around C- level.

20% may get into the B range and 10% may get an A.

The rest.....C- or worse.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Glad to hear Cassidy went after the refs. I hated the way Claude never said anything. A little tap on the leg after the shot and they call a penalty with 2 mins left.

I mean 6-2 for the PPs and a 5-on-3. Year after year.

This is false. Julien went after the refs, probably a little too much at times.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good game.

Nice to see them do a better job in front of their net. As a team they still gave up a lot of shots but they limited second chances and they made the front of the net a tough place to play, which is critical against that team. SJ gets a ton of goals from net front traffic and tips.

If Dobby is going to play that well, Rask can stay on the bench.

Heinen was very impressive again. Beyond the goals and the great pass to Nash, he's terrific at reading the play and creating turnovers. He was good on the PK too. Congrats to him on getting his first NHL goal. Gotta get him more than 9 minutes TOI.

Thought Vatrano had a strong game, getting in on the forecheck, hitting and creating turnovers. Seemed like he had 7 or 8 shots, but also played less than 9 minutes.

Thought Krug had his best game of the season.

Backes best game of the season? I think so. 16:42 of ice time, 55% at the dot, 1 assist, +1. Yes please.

Chara was excellent as well. 26 minutes, 8+ on the PK alone. Love seeing him paired with McAvoy, who was also good.
Spoken like a scout

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
Enjoyed watching the game tonight. Was surprised to see how full The Garden was given it’s an early season weeknight game. Officiating in the last 10 minutes was horrible, SJS trodded all over us and we went to the box if a stick so much as grazed them.

Weird to see 2 goals by a rookie and not a point out of Marchand/Bergy/Pasta. McAvoy had a great game too, some really heads up plays. Happy dobby got the win and the kudos from the team for it after the buzzer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in. I wish they were NOT working on route 93.

Great game. The end has us in the edge of our seats.

Big Z was very good. He and Kevan played well on the PK. So much for limiting Z's time on ice.

I was hoping for a hatty from Heinen. What a game for the kid.

Dobby...got to love that game.
35 (I think) saves !

Z was pissed when the Sharks were picking on our rookies. Miller too but I think he can't fight because of his hand.

Poor Pasta is hurt. Looks like a leg/ knee. He kept playing but something was hurting him.

I like Tim Schaller ! He is not afraid to hit.

We have a few guys playing injured. I hope everyone heals fast.

Bad night for the refs.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Great game to take my dad for his birthday...those last 2-3 minutes had me nervous. I decided to pay specific attention to Khudobin's rebounds about halfway through this game, and...they weren't all that bad, were they? I know he had a few clunkers in that last game (what was it, two months ago?), but this game, for most of his rebounds, the puck seemed to go exactly where it should go (aka directly to an opponent with a good scoring opportunity).

Now that we've made the Sharks sad, let's make them happy by helping them out with a defeat for their rivals on Saturday.

Reactions: ReggieMoto

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Waved to you and Julia but you didn't see us. We like looking over and seeing you there !
Ha thanks

Tuukka was the happiest guy after to see Dobby- they look like they got a bromance going

Did you look over at Cassidy during the game? He's been pretty poised but tonight looked wound up- maybe because his team was running around and the Sharks swarmed that first period -,based on opportunities 2-3 goals felt about right but Boston got out of there ahead

The refs sucked but especially Gord Dwyer he had a hair across his ass but whereas every ref chats, smiles, kids with the players he seemed like a real prick - no interaction and don't talk to me or question my calls

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I was a upset over the Thornton nut spear on Carlo before he scored and no call and that horrible call on Kuraly that lead to it. Been saying for awhile I want Chara with Mac, kid skates it out and makes quick smart passes. This is huge, letting Chara save energy and handle the puck less. Carlo was a good partner last year but Mac is better. Carlo gives Krug a better partner to, that can handle the puck and has size and can skate.

So happy for our most well rounded prospect Heinen. His AHL stint and recent Providence high lites astounded me, kid has 'IT'. Chara, Krug and Backes and Vatrano also had good games, dee moved the puck and did not panic at the blueline, maybe finding a better mix. Marshy and Pasta were struggling, maybe time to put Pasta back with Bergy. Pasta needs the vet presence to get him to simplify his game. Garden Ice still looks crappy puck bouncing all over again.

Reactions: Strafer and HustleB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
“I can’t say that I’m a stand-up goalie, I can’t say that I’m a classic (butterfly) goalie, I think mix everything together, and plus I just try to focus on stopping the puck,” said Khudobin. “I just battle in the net, always. … Maybe someone will say that I look like a Tim Thomas, but I don’t try to copy Tim. … It’s not like I was watching him because I want to get something (from his game).”
Khudobin doesn’t feel as aggressive as he looks.
“Sometimes I feel so tired and whenever I look at the video I’m like, ‘Oh, I’m flying there.’ So I can’t tell what’s in my game. I can’t tell you details, only what I do is try to stop the pucks and win the games.”

:laugh: alrighty then

http://blogs.southcoasttoday.com/bruins/2017/10/26/sharks-at-bruins-2/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The refs sucked but especially Gord Dwyer he had a hair across his ass but whereas every ref chats, smiles, kids with the players he seemed like a real prick - no interaction and don't talk to me or question my calls

upload_2017-10-27_0-9-35.png

Reactions: Strafer and DKH

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Khudobin looked good throughout, and as a result, I wasn't as nervous when the puck came to him.

Kevan Miller had some good defensive plays, and I liked Chara confronting Dillon, who had been mixed up with Debrusk - definite mismatch.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Oh man...if you guys haven't watched the NESN commercial for Saturday's game, it's pretty epic, lol. Good job by the boys at the network on that one.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The refs have been terrible across the league, it has to be a mandate for more penalties, like the juiced ball in baseball for more scoring.

nhltv sucks so was up late watching the 2nd that blacked out. Heinen scoring two was awesome. Kid is a pro. The Bruins will go far if that get that kind of secondary scoring. Last year we lose 1-0 probably when our top guys are shut down. Dobby played very well as did McAvoy. Chara's elite D game was on, still a couple bad giveaways. Ten of these forwards should be dressed every night. Backes needs to be full time center even when Krejci is back

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad