GDT: Game 79: Red Wings at penguins 7:00 pm et 4/11/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Yea, the way Lalonde talks makes me think he would've missed the playoffs if he coached Vegas their first season.

"Everyone thought you were send offs and wouldn't make the playoffs and you know what they might be right, guys. You might just be send offs who won't make the playoffs and that's okay because it's our expectation of you."
You absolutely nailed it. This is exactly what it feels like.

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
For him to be canned means the GM thinks he could have done more with the roster. I don’t think that will be the case yet. I think he’s on a short leash to start the next season.

People tend to forget this is still a rebuilding team. This team was never supposed to win the cup this year. It’s about player development and growth for some of the younger guys. Raymond, Seider and now Ed have looked great and improved significantly. Rasmussen too can be added to that list….

Again I’m not disagreeing with you on how he should be the coach of the red wings. I was one of the first to start questioning his ways since the day he was hired, but there are processes that every teams follow in this league. I don’t think the wings are there yet where they fire their coach
I don’t disagree about the expectations, and he will probably get next season, but I don’t like it. His comments in multiple instances have shown he doesn’t have high standards and i have no patience for that. Development we can debate, but I think his systems are inadequate… guess we will see in the off season.

Reactions: 13to40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad