GDT: Game 79: Red Wings at penguins 7:00 pm et 4/11/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm so sick and tired of watching guys like Crosby, McDavid, Makar, Ovechkin, and MacKinnon tear this team apart when the Wings got f***ed by the lottery for seven straight seasons.

Reactions: Hockeyfan2390

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Feel like we should be celebrating 4 points against the Caps and Pens.

Raymond and Larkin tho what a game, couple early primary assist from Dcat. I know goals are king but he is much better with Larkin and Raymond.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
I would have pulled Lyon after the 3rd back breaker goal. Manages to allow 3 more back breakers on his way to a miserable goaltending performance he cannot start the next game

Reactions: WFIAA

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Lyon should have been pulled way earlier tonight. He was awful blocker side tonight. Compher lost another key face-off and then lost a battle to Crosby on that last play. And no balls lalonde actually deploys ghost over ed in OT. The coaching in this game was just awful and that's pretty well the season.

Reactions: WFIAA and 13to40

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
And Lalonde again did not take a timeout.. why not take it before the o-zone faceoff with 1 minute to go in regulation? And if it's only to give Larks a breather, maybe it wins the game,,

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
They were on the prior shift. Larkin had a great chance.

If they didn’t shit the bed against Washington, one point would be acceptable tonight.

Reading this forum. Lol
They should've gotten something out of the Rangers game as well. Played well enough anyways, if they play that way in March we are firmly in a playoff spot.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I absolutely hate this refusal to pull the goalie or call timeouts when it's clearly needed.
This game is an A+ example of why Lalonde needs to be gone.

His bad decisions cost them the game and probably the playoffs.

With the faceoff in the Pens zone he 100% should have called a time out and put Larkin and Raymond right back out.

Instead we play Kane/Compher and immediately lose.

Lyon needed to be pulled after the third weak goal.

Just endless bad decisions.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
when your goalie is whiffing on writers when your team has control of the flow of the game you pull your goalie. Lyon wasn’t getting a W no matter how many goals they scored every big moment he crumbled

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
He can take a page from Legace and hang himself.

Yikes.

I don't really understand why so many of you guys react to something like this with anger and hate.

And I don't understand why you keep watching. If we win you must have a 2 hour orgasm or something; otherwise this couldn't be worth the pain.

I just feel sad, not angry. I feel sad because I probably won't get to watch a round of playoffs, and sad on behalf of the guys that really gave their all and came up short.

Silver lining: We've found out that some players are really clutch valuable playoff performers; others show promise but need some polishing; others have some quit in them. This little almost-playoff run might be almost as valuable to the team as making the playoffs.

Reactions: KJoe88 and dalem177

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
At least Yzerman can see how much work he has to do. His key draft picks have shown up. His offseason signing… absolutely not
I’d rather Cossa to end the season

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
when SY did not improve the goaltending at the TDL he sunk this team...3 goalies...all backups is not acceptable
I said it at the deadline that not adding ANYTHING at the deadline was mind boggling.

Injuries happen, and when you have to play ZAR and Czarnik in a must win game then you haven’t done your job as a Gm

when SY did not improve the goaltending at the TDL he sunk this team...3 goalies...all backups is not acceptable
I said it at the deadline that not adding ANYTHING at the deadline was mind boggling.

Injuries happen, and when you have to play ZAR and Czarnik in a must win game then you haven’t done your job as a Gm

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Yikes.

I don't really understand why so many of you guys react to something like this with anger and hate.

And I don't understand why you keep watching. If we win you must have a 2 hour orgasm or something; otherwise this couldn't be worth the pain.

I just feel sad, not angry. I feel sad because I probably won't get to watch a round of playoffs, and sad on behalf of the guys that really gave their all and came up short.

Silver lining: We've found out that some players are really clutch valuable playoff performers; others show promise but need some polishing; others have some quit in them. This little almost-playoff run might be almost as valuable to the team as making the playoffs.
No playoffs in nine seasons.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Zero clutch gene. Kane scored some clutch goals in February but this team has rubbed off on him since.
Kane has 100% checked out and is already figuring out where he's signing on 7-1. I can't blame him. The team has effectively died around him.

It's pretty clear from Raymond's emergence since Kane got here that Yzerman got what he really wanted out of the deal.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
No playoffs in nine seasons.
Dude, that's nowhere near enough to be so angry you want a guy to hang himself.

Lyon has done a phenomenal job to get them to where they were at. He's also ludicrously out of his depth now. That game was inexcusable in a must win. So was Nedeljkovic's. I told you he wasn't any good.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Who was the last legit starting goaltender this team had, that could win you games, especially come playoff time? Or in a season ending battle to get there, like these days? :skeptic:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad