GDT: Game 79: Preds vs Those F'n Guys 7PM | Fiala and Hartman have how many goals? EACH??? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So the Boro own goal? The interference that wasn't? The PP goal where he's screened and sniped by a player alone on one side? That comes out to one of four.
I forgot about Boro. I thought that it was Kunin's fault on the interference.

Dave has to make more clean saves and maybe the Wild doesn't get the "interference" goal.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I forgot about Boro. I thought that it was Kunin's fault on the interference.

Dave has to make more clean saves and maybe the Wild doesn't get the "interference" goal.
Kunin laid on Middleton AFTER contact with Rittich ... but that's only sequencing. Even if you blame Kunin, how the hell is Dave supposed to make a Big Save there? Still one of four.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I know what to say. The rules here prevent it.
The shot didn't look that hard to me. It was taken above the upper hash mark. Saros is a reaction goalie, maybe he gets that one, maybe not.

Dave didn't react fast enough. The left side of the net was open except for his pad at the bottom.

That pass from Fiala was unstoppable unless Fabbro can block it.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This is what drives me crazy- we had all the momentum- took the lead 3-2. We are dominating play. Should be able to carry that the rest of the period.

But instead? After taking the lead we are outshot 7-1 and outscored 2-0 in final minutes of the period.

Incredibly frustrating.....

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The shot didn't look that hard to me. It was taken above the upper hash mark. Saros is a reaction goalie, maybe he gets that one, maybe not.

Dave didn't react fast enough. The left side of the net was open except for his pad at the bottom.

That pass from Fiala was unstoppable unless Fabbro can block it.

The PPG was an amazing pass and goal that would have required a miracle to stop. The Fiala goal was potentially stoppable ... but the delusion that Saros would have definitely prevented that goal is just that, a delusion. At worst, one of four goals against is really on Rittich .. against a team that lost twice in regulation across its last 21 games.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This is what drives me crazy- we had all the momentum- took the lead 3-2. We are dominating play. Should be able to carry that the rest of the period.

But instead? After taking the lead we are outshot 7-1 and outscored 2-0 in final minutes of the period.

Incredibly frustrating.....
I said to my wife twice that the Preds can't give up a goal here. Ten seconds later both times the Wild score. Aaaarrrgggghhh!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Geeez, we went from looking like a team that could maybe cause some problems for a favorite in the first round (or two) to one that looks like we're in year 2 of a 5 year rebuild and on their way to another high lottery pick.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I suppose my expectations were misaligned after the guys played so well the first half of the season. That being said, our passing is generally atrocious and our d zone clears problematic to start. I also don't think posting where we fall short is bailing on the team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad