GDT: Game 78: New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens, 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If he plays in the playoffs, you basically are just hoping for Ros to go on a 18% shooting heater, and send him on his way.

It does seem more likely he’s healthy scratched more often than not moving forward though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If he plays in the playoffs, you basically are just hoping for Ros to go on a 18% shooting heater, and send him on his way.

It does seem more likely he’s healthy scratched more often than not moving forward though.
I know people are always on the "Kreider sucks" thing and you can't get them off of that, but Kreider's analytics have legitimately taken a huge hit since around the trade deadline.

I said it as soon as the trade went down. Roslovic is a guy that looks like he's doing stuff but his team gets worse at everything when he's out there.

The opposite of Kreider.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Kreider - Zibanejad - Rempe
Nothing else seems to have worked, f*** it

fantasea.jpeg

Reactions: Breaded Fox

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

So he's played 15 games on L2 and 1 game as a healthy scratch and suddenly the likely scenario is that he's a healthy scratch going forward? And the guy that replaces him in the lineup is a tough guy who averages 5 minutes a game? I don't think so.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
While I would love for Roslovic to be scratched for awhile, I don't see it. This is just part of the rotation that Laviolette has been doing.

Imo Laviolette really just doesn't wanna play Rempe but it's a bad look to dumpster a guy who's been such a good soldier with the extracurricular stuff.

He's just gonna scratch Rempe in the playoffs and justify it with "this is the playoffs."

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Doesn't look like a single one of youse has mentioned that tonight is Steven McDonald night.

Tough call on who is going to get it this season.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Trouba on the PP is painful enough when Jones isn't sitting on the bench. Blasting ever puck into shin pads and glass is going to be even harder to watch tonight.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Doesn't look like a single one of youse has mentioned that tonight is Steven McDonald night.

Tough call on who is going to get it this season.

I think it will be Trocheck, but it would be nice for Panarin to get recognition for how he transformed his game this season too. He clearly took the playoffs personally last year, and decided he was going to impact games in a different way this season.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
my pick for the award would probably be trocheck but I think it'll be quick

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The handling of Kakko is perplexing. Laviolette dropped Kakko from the Zibanejad after ten games. Kakko missed 21 games with the lower body injury. Wheeler couldn't skate anymore. Wheeler gets hurt. The Rangers refuse to just put Kakko on the Zibanejad line. Leave him there. Roslovic stinks. The Rangers are putting Vesey on that line. Just trade the guy this summer. Kakko wants more playing time and the Rangers are reluctant to give him more playing time.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see Kakko get dealt at the draft honestly. Laf has stepped up Kakko is just not an intense hockey player. very lackadaisical. 2nd overall pick should be better than a Jere Lehtinen redux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad