GDT: Game 78: New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens, 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5870.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5869.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens
7pm ET, MSG2
IMG_5818.gif
IMG_5867.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5877.png

Canadiens Projected Line up

Cole Caufield -- Nick Suzuki -- Juraj Slafkovsky
Brendan Gallagher -- Alex Newhook -- Joel Armia
Tanner Pearson -- Jake Evans -- Josh Anderson
Michael Pezzetta -- Colin White -- Rafael Harvey-Pinard

Mike Matheson -- David Savard
Jordan Harris -- Jonathan Kovacevic
Jayden Struble -- Justin Barron

Cayden Primeau
Samuel Montembeault

Scratched:
Jesse Ylonen

Injured: Kaiden Guhle (upper body), Arber Xhekaj (upper body), Joshua Roy (upper body)

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jimmy Vesey
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Barclay Goodrow -- Jonny Brodzinski -- Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Zac Jones -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Jack Roslovic, Chad Ruhwedel, Erik Gustafsson

Injured: None

IMG_5874.gif

IMG_5876.gif

IMG_5875.gif
IMG_4561.jpeg

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The Canadiens played and lost tonight and have to travel. No reason to take this game off.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Montembeault has played well against us, but he started last night and gave up 4 before being pulled about 30 mins into the game. Primeau came in and stopped all 18 he faced the second half. I'm guessing the plan was to start Primeau against us, but considering both goalies played half the game who knows which one Marty will come back with.

Either way just put this team out of their misery. Big game for Laffy incoming.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
these can be tough games...everyone gets up to play at msg, it's a 1st place team, they've got some legit young talent, and their goaltending has been mostly very good since allen was traded. they've knocked off a few big boys already the last few weeks too but are coming off back to back losses where they were never really competitive so they're 1 gonna be motivated but 2 are ripe to be buried and put away early if they fall behind quick. this wouldn't shock me if it went sideways tho.

just one of those games that means a lot more to them than it can to the rangers. yea they wanna win the conference but let's be serious....at this point in the year teams at the top are thinking about the playoffs. a game like this is just tough to have any motivation for.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
these can be tough games...everyone gets up to play at msg, it's a 1st place team, they've got some legit young talent, and their goaltending has been mostly very good since allen was traded. they've knocked off a few big boys already the last few weeks too but are coming off back to back losses where they were never really competitive so they're 1 gonna be motivated but 2 are ripe to be buried and put away early if they fall behind quick. this wouldn't shock me if it went sideways tho.

just one of those games that means a lot more to them than it can to the rangers. yea they wanna win the conference but let's be serious....at this point in the year teams at the top are thinking about the playoffs. a game like this is just tough to have any motivation for.
who wants to win the conference? who is the 1st place team? you make It sound like they are

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Put these guys away early and they will fold like a cheap suit. Let them hang around and you never know. They also played last night in Toronto so no excuse not to win tonight.

• Love
Reactions: NYRangers16

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Roslovic needs to play better

I don’t love breaking up that 3rd line. However Wennberg is a very good support player and may help Rosys game.

Also think if the Rangers know what they want out of that third line, give him a different look/assignment/role and see how he does.

Still trying to find that RW with Mika and it’s really annoying.

Kakko has deserved another look in the top 6. But I’m not expecting it to stick, would be huge if he does. It’s more about the other two than him though

Reactions: NYR Lurker and Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad