GDT: Game 77: New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings, 7pm ET, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I have to confess, I saw that tweet and first thought it was the NY Rangers lmao. But to be honest, it still fits the NHL theme because it hasn't been a great start with the NHL either. I mean wasn't there a debacle with some Hughes Stadium Series jerseys?
Oh fanatics sucks something major and there have been many complaints about the team branded stuff you can buy from them for as long as they've had the NHL contract. They make cheap crap that falls apart. Charge high price for it because of exclusivity but the leagues give them the contract because they are the lowest bidder. Great for the owners, great for Fanatics. Horrible for the fans and now, the players.

Reactions: NYRangers16

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah but there was also a (not very prominent) hockey team with that name.
TIL, the top hockey team of Samara is actually CSK VVS, Central Sports Club of the Air Force. Obviously the tradition of army sports clubs was well established in the Soviet Union (and even abroad in some Eastern European countries), but didn't really think about the Soviet/Russian Air Force having teams. Is that the only one, or did they just have one based in Samara? And what about the navy? Any sport, doesn't have to be hockey.

The background of sports clubs in Europe is so much deeper than in NA, and especially the Eastern you go, the more you have these teams that represent some organizations, and I've always found it very interesting. The dynamic of Moscow football where you have CSKA (the Red Army team), Spartak (the common folk team?), Lokomotiv (the railroad workers team), Dynamo (the KGB/Police team) and Torpedo (the automotive industry people's team) is quite fascinating. Yet in modern world, these origins don't really matter all that much for fandom lol. And there are similar stories elsewhere in Europe as well, but I don't think it's as pronounced as it was in the Soviet Union.

Sorry for the offtopic lol.
"City connect" sounds like some NBA or MLB bullshit, should have tipped you off lol
To my defence, I don't follow those sports or leagues at all. I do get some exposure because I like to listen to Toronto sports radio podcasts and you are exposed to MLB and NBA through the Jays and Raptors talk, but being from Europe, not really my forte.

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
Saw this on FB! LGR!

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think it's stupid that Lav only put Rempe in for that fight and then scratches him after he puts himself on the line for his team.

They use him and that's messed up, IMO. Let the kid play and learn how to play at this level. Don't just use him for a fight and then scratch him.

Do I think Rempe would like to be playing more? I do. Do I think Rempe understands why he's not an everyday player yet? I think he does---and would he'd rather be with the Rangers and only playing some of the time than playing all the time in Hartford? I think he'd rather be with the Rangers. The kid has become kind of a folk hero but I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves and I think it's best at least for now and the near future to be strategic in how we use him. This is also not the time of year when we should worry overmuch about a young player's development. This time of year is about winning. Matthew's had a really good taste of what the NHL is about now and this off season he should really grow from the experiences he's already had and come to training camp ready to go and better prepared.

He's not really an every day player in my eyes yet. I like him against physical opponents....even big rivals like the Devils who aren't that physical. I see some use for him depending on the opponent in the playoffs. Against teams like the Panthers, Lightning, Islanders, maybe the Bruins--yes. Against teams like the Canes or Maple Leafs not so much. Also depending on how a series is going if we need a spark.

He's going to get better and smarter but the main thing now is winning games especially when the playoffs start. I think he'll have a part but I also think some of the time he'll be sitting. He should come back next year and hopefully he'll be ready for 8 to 10 minutes a night and maybe 70 games.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A win tonight, and a VERY possible Canes loss (b2b's) vs a very desperate Caps team.......well, that equates to a 7 pt lead, game, set match for the division.
OTOH, Dallas is on our tails.

Break the franchise record for regular season wins. Prove you're for real.
Jeez Will, don't you realize we have 3 more WINS than any other team in the league? We don't have to prove anything at this point, it's about results. IF they want it, IT is there for them to have.
Btw, I know you know that.

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad