GDT: Game 77: New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings, 7pm ET, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
It is what it is: Trouba and Lindgren will get big minutes. It doesn't matter what else we have, they aren't sitting. We have no control over that, Jones has no control over it. Could we have controlled the earthquake? Trouba and Lindgren playing are forces of nature and until we come to grips, we'll just be upsetting our little sensitive tummies.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Y'all that want to tank and dodge Tampa and all should be pumped there's no Rempe and Key and Troubs bout to get big ice time

• Haha
Reactions: ArPanet

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I would definitely have Rempe in the lineup vs. Montreal. Xhekaj, Pezzetta, Anderson why. The Red Wings really don't present that kind of problem though it wouldn't bother me if they played him anyway. Don't want him to get too rusty.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I think it's stupid that Lav only put Rempe in for that fight and then scratches him after he puts himself on the line for his team.

They use him and that's messed up, IMO. Let the kid play and learn how to play at this level. Don't just use him for a fight and then scratch him.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think it's stupid that Lav only put Rempe in for that fight and then scratches him after he puts himself on the line for his team.

They use him and that's messed up, IMO. Let the kid play and learn how to play at this level. Don't just use him for a fight and then scratch him.
Yeah for real. And then he gets mad at Green? Makes no sense.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Yea if you read the quotes from the Vince article

"Those guys are my brothers," he said. "That wasn't planned or anything. It just kind of happened naturally. I think that was really special that they did that, as well. I knew that I was going to have to fight. It’s not a big deal − answer the bell type of thing. It happens, but for them to go to war with me was pretty dang special. … I love all those guys."

"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a team-building exercise," said captain Jacob Trouba, who was among the five Rangers' fighters and one of four who was then tossed from the game. "We're all in this thing together. He's not left out there on his own. We're all with him, every step of the way."

"I thought I was going to have a good five minutes in (the penalty box) with the fellas," Rempe said. "We were going to be cuddled up in there, getting cozy and having a good time. But then we go in there, and they’re like, ‘You’re gone.’ I was like, ‘You’re kidding me?’ I had no idea that was a rule. I was like, ‘Dang it. My (time on ice) didn’t go up that game.’ "

"You're seeing all the comments on social media. They were funny. I was reading them out loud to the fellas, and they were laughing. It was cool." The locker room was still buzzing about the entire event the next day, with Rempe the most jazzed of them all.

Miller was so fired up about it he posted this lmao, and he was someone often criticized for being a gentle giant, this awoken something inside of him, and they were all smiling ear to ear in the box afterward. Really dumb move to scratch him next game after such a bonding moment like that

AQQICtS.jpeg

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

"Those guys are my brothers," he said. "That wasn't planned or anything. It just kind of happened naturally. I think that was really special that they did that, as well. I knew that I was going to have to fight. It’s not a big deal − answer the bell type of thing. It happens, but for them to go to war with me was pretty dang special. … I love all those guys."

"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a team-building exercise," said captain Jacob Trouba, who was among the five Rangers' fighters and one of four who was then tossed from the game. "We're all in this thing together. He's not left out there on his own. We're all with him, every step of the way."

"I thought I was going to have a good five minutes in (the penalty box) with the fellas," Rempe said. "We were going to be cuddled up in there, getting cozy and having a good time. But then we go in there, and they’re like, ‘You’re gone.’ I was like, ‘You’re kidding me?’ I had no idea that was a rule. I was like, ‘Dang it. My (time on ice) didn’t go up that game.’ "

"You're seeing all the comments on social media. They were funny. I was reading them out loud to the fellas, and they were laughing. It was cool." The locker room was still buzzing about the entire event the next day, with Rempe the most jazzed of them all.

Miller was so fired up about it he posted this lmao, and he was someone often criticized for being a gentle giant, this awoken something inside of him, and they were all smiling ear to ear in the box afterward. Really dumb move to scratch him next game after such a bonding moment like that

AQQICtS.jpeg
I legit thought you created this in photoshop

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

AQQICtS.jpeg
lol @ Kravtsov

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not getting outraged if Rempe is scratched, but it's not particularly good look. Makes it seem like Lavy put him on the lineup vs Jersey because he had to. I know I've given Rempe some shit because of the stupid hits and reckless plays, but he still deserves chances. Especially over a guy like Brodzinski (or Goodrow, but we know he's not getting scratched).
I would definitely have Rempe in the lineup vs. Montreal. Xhekaj, Pezzetta, Anderson why. The Red Wings really don't present that kind of problem though it wouldn't bother me if they played him anyway. Don't want him to get too rusty.
On the other hand, I do think the Rangers want to continue to dial it back with Rempe, limit his fights. Montreal has plenty of eager combatants, but at this point Rempe doesn't have to prove anything to those guys. He's made his mark on this league.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

AQQICtS.jpeg
lol Marino was probably not too happy Green put him out there to start the game

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

AQQICtS.jpeg
The guys seem like they love the kid. I just don't get why he can't get a regular shift. It looks bad on the coaches to throw him out there for a fight and then when he goes to war for his teammates he doesn't get a chance to play after.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
At what point does Bettman and co. have to pull the plug on the Fanatics experiment?

E. Should've gone to the "Around the league" thread, I'm sry lol

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Don't you mean the MLB thread?
I have to confess, I saw that tweet and first thought it was the NY Rangers lmao. But to be honest, it still fits the NHL theme because it hasn't been a great start with the NHL either. I mean wasn't there a debacle with some Hughes Stadium Series jerseys?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I have to confess, I saw that tweet and first thought it was the NY Rangers lmao. But to be honest, it still fits the NHL theme because it hasn't been a great start with the NHL either. I mean wasn't there a debacle with some Hughes Stadium Series jerseys?
"City connect" sounds like some NBA or MLB bullshit, should have tipped you off lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad