GDT: Game 77: New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings, 7pm ET, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
These games are still very important to us. I'd rather not face TB in the first round which the second playoff seed is likely to do. It's not that I don't think we can beat the Lightning (though there's no guarantee of that) but I don't think it will be a short series. It'll be 6 or 7 games. Who knows---a series against the 8th seed might go longer than expected too but I like the odds better that it'll be easier and shorter for us. If we're to make it to the Stanley Cup finals I'd rather not have us played 20 games already. 17/18 would be much better.
This.

According to Moneypuck the Rangers have a 63.4% of winning the President's Trophy - and thats what its going to take to land that EC1 spot.

It still irks me that Boston (105) is currently matched up against the Lightning (93), while Carolina (101) in a 2 spot will be playing a much lesser team in the Flyers (83). You are rewarding a team for being worse, because of the stupid 2-3 divisional matchup.

I still prefer the reseeding method to truly reward a strong regular season.

It would be

Rangers / Islanders
Bruins / Flyers
Canes / Tampa
Panthers / Leafs

And then reseed again after that. Always felt that made the most sense

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This.

According to Moneypuck the Rangers have a 63.4% of winning the President's Trophy - and thats what its going to take to land that EC1 spot.

It still irks me that Boston (105) is currently matched up against the Lightning (93), while Carolina (101) in a 2 spot will be playing a lesser team in the Flyers (83). You are rewarding a team for being worse.

I still prefer the reseeding method to truly reward a strong regular season.

It would be

Rangers / Islanders
Bruins / Flyers
Canes / Tampa
Panthers / Leafs

And then reseed again after that. Always felt that made the most sense
Absolutely agree with the reseeding thing. It's just another thing that the NHL has wrong. This year the number 2 seed in the conference who will be a division winner with 110+ points is likely to face the 100 point Tampa team while there are 2 lesser teams that are going to squeak in with around 90 points. I call bullshit.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Absolutely agree with the reseeding thing. It's just another thing that the NHL has wrong. This year the number 2 seed in the conference who will be a division winner with 110+ points is likely to face the 100 point Tampa team while there are 2 lesser teams that are going to squeak in with around 90 points. I call bullshit.

Same thing is happening out West.

The Avs could have the second most points in the conference and play the Jets who have more points than 4 other teams currently in playoff spots right now

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
854782f2-5d3c-4b58-9f10-2ccc8df00f0e.jpeg

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
NHL does the whole division playoff crap because 1) somehow someway it saves them money and/or makes them more money, I am sure of it and 2) "to promote rivalries". BS on number 2), no one cares. Teams and fans want the regular season to matter more any rivalry matchup.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Here we go.

Rempe outrage every time he doesn't play. Ridiculous
We’re a better team with him and he needs to get some playing time in, he always cites can’t change the lineup after a win but has now taken Rempe out of the lineup after a win several times. It only applies to veteran scrubs like Brodzinski or Goodrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad