GDT: Game 76: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET (Game is on TNT or Max)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
It was 3 seasons ago.

But it won’t happen because if he does it and he’s good at it, the coach loses one of his excuses to keep Barclay in the lineup.

Whereas I see a reason to drop $3m from our salary cap.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
When the Rangers were actually playing well, they had Cuylle and Rempe in. Big, strong players on the forecheck.

Why are Rangers coaches always afraid to do the logical thing to win.
And the Rangers aren't playing well now? They lost 1 game and a Cuylle turnover was responsible for the winning goal for Pitt. I like Cuylle a ton but It's ok for him to get a breather. He seems to have run into a bit of the rookie wall. Rempe is also a guy that I like a lot but is also a young 4th liner who gets 5-7 minutes a game. I would rather see him play than not play but he is likely not going to be the cause of them winning or losing games.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
And the Rangers aren't playing well now? They lost 1 game and a Cuylle turnover was responsible for the winning goal for Pitt. I like Cuylle a ton but It's ok for him to get a breather. He seems to have run into a bit of the rookie wall. Rempe is also a guy that I like a lot but is also a young 4th liner who gets 5-7 minutes a game. I would rather see him play than not play but he is likely not going to be the cause of them winning or losing games.
They're bleeding goals against and their forecheck is noticeably weaker from the 3rd and 4th lines than it was a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: tiggles

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
So has Trouba

Yeah well he's not the Franchise so I dont think they care as much. I would argue his primary existence on the roster is to be big and play hard minutes so Fox isnt forced into the role. Trouba isnt an "8th defenseman" despite what the analytical rhetoric is, but we are beyond the point that its obvious he and Miller need to be broken up. All 3 pairs should be playing the same amount 5v5 and their roles on special teams shouldn't change so I dont even see it as a demotion or whatever.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They're bleeding goals against and their forecheck is noticeably weaker from the 3rd and 4th lines than it was a couple weeks ago.
They lost 1 game in 2 weeks and Cuylle has been in most of those games and was directly responsible for the winning Pitt goal. 2 of the goals against Pitt were also empty netters. Rempe playing or not playing is not going to change the outcome of a game much although I would rather seem him playing.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
ezgif-4-3b6410dc22.gif

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
What are the D pairings for this game?
The wrong ones, you can be sure of that

They played pretty poorly vs Arizona. Defense was getting globetrottered by their top line. Despite giving up 5 goals Quick saved their asses a bunch.

They were lucky Arizona had AHL level defenders and a crappy goalie, and Laf went super saiyan.

Because they got outplayed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad