GDT: Game 76: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET (Game is on TNT or Max)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5849.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg

IMG_5844.jpeg

New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils
7pm ET - TNT, Max
IMG_5679.gif
IMG_5851.jpeg

IMG_5850.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5848.png

Devils Projected Line up

Timo Meier -- Nico Hischier -- Jesper Bratt
Jack Hughes -- Erik Haula -- Alexander Holtz
Ondrej Palat -- Tomas Nosek -- Dawson Mercer
Kurtis MacDermid -- Chris Tierney -- Curtis Lazar

Luke Hughes -- Nick DeSimone
Kevin Bahl -- John Marino
Jonas Siegenthaler -- Simon Nemec

Kaapo Kahkonen
Jake Allen

Scratched:
Nolan Foote, Brian Halonen, Brendan Smith, Max Willman
Injured: Dougie Hamilton (torn pectoral muscle), Nathan Bastian (lower body), Kurtis MacDermid (lower body)

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Jonny Brodzinski, Chad Ruhwedel, Zac Jones
Injured: None

IMG_5566.gif

IMG_5847.jpeg

IMG_4627.gif

IMG_4629.jpeg

Last edited:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
If Laviolette was smart, he would have come out and said hey Trouba is rusty from being out, we’re in a good spot for the playoffs, I’m gonna ease him back in and play him on the third pair for now until he’s adjusted. Boom, problem solved. You take the pressure and questions off Trouba because it’s “not a demotion due to poor play” even though it really is. It’s the polite way of changing the d pairs and nobody would question it. Then, if it does work out Laviolette can say hey I like our pairs right now and we’re gonna stick with what’s working.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Since the game is on TNT/MAX, does that automatically mean those of us who watch via an ESPN+ subscription will experience the 24 hour blackout?

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
If we win, we kill what is left of the Devils dead season in year 2 of their dynasty. That would be great.

If we lose, their season is still over, but we probably make their draft pick worse. Pretty good consolation prize.

Today will be a good day.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Rempe is NJ's Tom Wilson. I'm guessing he will have to fight MacDermid this time after clowning on him last game.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Laviolette was smart, he would have come out and said hey Trouba is rusty from being out, we’re in a good spot for the playoffs, I’m gonna ease him back in and play him on the third pair for now until he’s adjusted. Boom, problem solved. You take the pressure and questions off Trouba because it’s “not a demotion due to poor play” even though it really is. It’s the polite way of changing the d pairs and nobody would question it. Then, if it does work out Laviolette can say hey I like our pairs right now and we’re gonna stick with what’s working.
Right, but this is all predicated on the premise that he doesn't have a massive boner for Trouba.

He thinks Trouba is better than Fox. The usage over a whole season shows it.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I love how we argue over one of Rempe, Brodzinski, or Cuylle being out and we've just accepted that there's nothing we can do about Goodrow.

It's a terminal diagnosis.
Grit + Vet = Untouchable

Same reason why Trouba > Fox.

It does matter in the locker room and out on the ice, just not as much as NHL coaches groupthink it does

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Right, but this is all predicated on the premise that he doesn't have a massive boner for Trouba.

You're drawing that conclusion from the fact that Trouba averages 6 extra seconds on ice at even strength?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Sad but true. Laviolette and the staff don’t see Trouba as a liability out there and that worries me. The Rangers probably get to the finals 2 years ago if it wasn’t for Trouba’s boneheaded penalties and play in Game 3 against Tampa. Now they probably get smoked by Colorado in the finals but hey any one of us would have signed up for that result, plus it would have been more experience for the younger players. IMO the 2 biggest issues going into the playoffs are the d pairings/usage and 5 on 5 scoring. Rangers are still a one line team and they can’t depend on the power play to bail them out in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad