GDT: Game 75: Red Wings at lightning 7:00 pm et 4/1/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
DeBrincat had 20 shifts and 13:42 of ES TOI tonight. His season average is 21 shifts and 14:46 ES TOI, 51 seconds per shift. Lalonde ""finally figured out he had to limit DeBrincat's ice-time" by giving him one less long shift, almost certainly the result of the Wings protecting a lead in the final minutes rather than trying to catch up The extreme negative narrative about DBC is boring and misrepresents his overall value this season.
How many accounts do you have on this board? Are you going to contact my employer? Lol
With 200 posts in 11 years it is obvious this is your spare account so you can troll the board.
You just embarrass yourself because we all know there are several of you who use fake/double accounts.
You will probably get some likes from other fake accounts, your own too. Lol.

You're welcome!! I'm starting a gofundme to buy me tix for the rest of the season, and postseason! If yall are interested in helping out!
Sure. How do we do it?

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
How many accounts do you have on this board? Are you going to contact my employer? Lol
With 200 posts in 11 years it is obvious this is your spare account so you can troll the board.
You just embarrass yourself because we all know there are several of you who use fake/double accounts.
You will probably get some likes from other fake accounts, your own too. Lol.

Sure. How do we do it?

Good lord, Ari. You couldn't be more wrong. I don't even like DBC all that much, and I love Norwegians! One of my first prospect crushes was Bjorn Skaare (RIP), who I saw play when he was a Junior in Ottawa. The first great Norwegian prospect and an icon in your country. Such a beautiful skater, I remember watching highlights of his one and only NHL game, where he was crushed by a Barry Beck check. Love that you are a Red Wings' fan and hope to visit Oslo next year. Let's have a beer.

Reactions: 14ari13

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nice win. Now they just need to get 7 more to end the season. NBD.

no-big-deal-jim-carrey.gif

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I've used tautological a few times around here. Especially in arguments about whether or not someone is elite. Because inevitably it's one of these:

You need elite players to win the Cup.
What makes player X elite?
They won the cup.
You're not wrong, but you lay it out more as a syllogism.
1. Elite players win cups
2 payler x won a cup
Therefore player x is elite
But, hey. This is kind of my problem with Aristotle, calls out Pluto, but leaves us with the greatest of problems.(last line of book zeta)

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Whoa that is a happy Perron!

I haven't posted in a while but had to jump in and say what a xing game. The Panthers game was great also. Stating the obvious but 3 out of 4 points in Florida is a total success.

I'm sure after the 7(?) game losing skid many of us thought the Red Wings were done for but here we go, the chase for the playoffs is truly on.

No matter the results I feel it's a guaranteed fact this 23-24 season has been the most fun and entertaining in nearly a decade. Let us agree at least 7-8 years? Sad or not this is the first season I can remember where I honestly cheered on the Wings hoping for a win.

I guess you could call it a post-Holland depression that bled into Yzerman's first years, but no matter that cloud is lifting. Raymond, Seider, Picking up Kane, watching Ghost's performance and Walman, even older guys like Chiarot performing has been a pleasure. The DRW are moving in the right direction and that's all you can ask for.

LGRW!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The final stretch is going to be a rollercoaster. Mean Streak, Gemini, Iron Dragon...do any of these rides still exist?
They should. The Mean Streak was the first legit rollercoaster I ever rode. And we would go on a Tuesday, where the only limiting factor for racing somebody on the Gemini was how fast you could run back into line.

Good times. But now I let my kids enjoy their stomachs being upside down on their own.

True, but isn't the first tie breaker regulation wins
Yes.

where we only beat the Islanders.
For now... :naughty:

Reactions: Astyanax

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Walman only playing 12 minutes tonight. Whatever's going on with him he's apparently still not 100%
I think it's because of Edvinsson and he is just actually a lot better than him and eating his time up. Kid had like 20 mins.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Good lord, Ari. You couldn't be more wrong. I don't even like DBC all that much, and I love Norwegians! One of my first prospect crushes was Bjorn Skaare (RIP), who I saw play when he was a Junior in Ottawa. The first great Norwegian prospect and an icon in your country. Such a beautiful skater, I remember watching highlights of his one and only NHL game, where he was crushed by a Barry Beck check. Love that you are a Red Wings' fan and hope to visit Oslo next year. Let's have a beer.
That would be great. Oslo is beautiful in June and July. It is a bit expensive though, 9-12$ for a beer.

DeBrincat. I think both Kane and Raymond have outplayed him big time, while he is our highest paid winger and he is in his prime. Maybe he gets hot rest of the season.

Btw, I am not that old that I remember Yzerman when he started, but I have kids older than Raymond and Seider.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
They should. The Mean Streak was the first legit rollercoaster I ever rode. And we would go on a Tuesday, where the only limiting factor for racing somebody on the Gemini was how fast you could run back into line.

Good times. But now I let my kids enjoy their stomachs being upside down on their own.

Yes.

For now... :naughty:
Iron Dragon and Gemini still exist. Mean Streak does not. Steel Vengeance replaced and was built inside the old wooden remains of the Mean Streak, and it is legitimately the best coaster I've ever ridden.

It had the most air time of any roller coaster ever built, so basically exactly the same feeling as watching last nights game. A lot of fun flying by the seat of your pants, feeling like the whole thing could go off rails at any moment. This is playoff hockey guys and it's a fantastic experience for these young guys.

I really love Eds game, and I am finally seeing what people said about him potentially being better than Seider long term. He really adds a huge dimension to the Wings game. He makes such a smooth outlet pass, and his physicality has surprised him. I am excited to hopefully see him on the PP next year. I'm pretty much over Ghost.

Reactions: jkutswings

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
You're not wrong, but you lay it out more as a syllogism.
1. Elite players win cups
2 payler x won a cup
Therefore player x is elite
But, hey. This is kind of my problem with Aristotle, calls out Pluto, but leaves us with the greatest of problems.(last line of book zeta)
My favorite Cuppy line about Aristotle is when he points out that Aristotle said snakes are cold-blooded because if they DID have legs, they would have only 4, and that "wouldn't be enough".

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm glad Lalonde decided to flex his muscles on Veleno last night, rather than Petry last week, when the only goal he wasn't responsible for was the one he was in the box for...

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
When Trevor Thompson asked Raymond between periods, "What did you see on that glorious scoring chance you set up" you could see Raymond's frustration and I can only imagine him thinking, "I saw Rasmussen do what he does... absolutely nothing."

He's going to get moved before his contract is over just like Mantha and Zadina.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
That would be great. Oslo is beautiful in June and July. It is a bit expensive though, 9-12$ for a beer.

DeBrincat. I think both Kane and Raymond have outplayed him big time, while he is our highest paid winger and he is in his prime. Maybe he gets hot rest of the season.

Btw, I am not that old that I remember Yzerman when he started, but I have kids older than Raymond and Seider.

I am expecting Oslo to be expensive, but I can cover the cost of the first round at least. That would be great.

Raymond and Kane are far better than DBC, it's not close. Wings needed more skill and I appreciate some of what DBC has, but I am honestly hoping he will be eventually traded rather than signed to a second contract.

I have two children also, both older than any Wings' player (though not by much). My daughter gave birth just a few days ago to the first grandchild.. She will obviously have no choice but to be a Wings' fan. Cheers.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
When Trevor Thompson asked Raymond between periods, "What did you see on that glorious scoring chance you set up" you could see Raymond's frustration and I can only imagine him thinking, "I saw Rasmussen do what he does... absolutely nothing."

He's going to get moved before his contract is over just like Mantha and Zadina.
I would bet he's more mad at himself for passing the puck. The puck didn't make it cleanly to Ras, it was deflected and gave the goalie time, he thinks more about the pass not getting through cleanly than he blames Ras for not scoring.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I am expecting Oslo to be expensive, but I can cover the cost of the first round at least. That would be great.

Raymond and Kane are far better than DBC, it's not close. Wings needed more skill and I appreciate some of what DBC has, but I am honestly hoping he will be eventually traded rather than signed to a second contract.

I have two children also, both older than any Wings' player (though not by much). My daughter gave birth just a few days ago to the first grandchild.. She will obviously have no choice but to be a Wings' fan. Cheers.

I cannot recommend highly enough visiting Norway if you can manage it. One of my all time favorite trips.

And you do save a bit of cash because most hotels, especially in bigger cities, have full breakfast spreads. Just get ready for a lot of herring, meat and hardboiled eggs!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I would bet he's more mad at himself for passing the puck. The puck didn't make it cleanly to Ras, it was deflected and gave the goalie time, he thinks more about the pass not getting through cleanly than he blames Ras for not scoring.
I watched the replay of this one like 7 times thinking there was a better option or something. That maybe Ray made a young guy move maybe. But even if he didn't pass and went for any sort of shot, vasi had him. The only way it goes through is it squeaks through a random hole somewhere.

If he tried to deke and do a quick shot (backhand to forehand) he had a small window that vasi knows how to close quickly. Five hole just wasn't there. He was in tight with the goalie, so he couldn't really lift it. He was a little outstretched too, so the puck is definitely not getting lifted anyways. He had three options really: get it to ras, shoot it and hope it squeaks through somewhere (maybe when he passed it over it hits the D stick and pops into the net?), or hidden dragon move and he tries a fake wrap around while vasi is in transition to go from near post to far post and backdoors it.

To be completely honest, if that was me, I would have tried the fake wrap around option because i just made a sick move to get behind the D and my momentum (not to mention recent gameplay) is high, so why not. I know vasi is going to stop a straight shot, just what he does. I probably would have looked out of peripheral to see if I had someone with me, but by doing that you see the guy diving to block that pass. I think Ray made the smarter decision at the end of the day.

Ras...if you look at the angle of him trying to shove it in, he literally has an angle where it gets shoved in towards vasi's belly button. I am quite perplexed on that angle. If he got all puck, he could have shoveled it in through vasi's pad. With how outstretched Vasi was, he couldn't have enough strength to hold the line if a bigger guy like Ras is shoveling on the goal line with speed/momentum.

Anywho, my 17 cents worth of thought (inflation). Glad we got the win and man was TBL net front D terrible on the Perron goal. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad