GDT: Game 75: Red Wings at lightning 7:00 pm et 4/1/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

8 games remaining, Let's Go Boys!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Great that Walman's back! Maatta's been playing ok. I guess it's a handedness thing.

It's frustrating that our two most problematic Dmen are both righties.
Three if you count Ghost...

Our best D is a righty. Our next... what... 6? play the left side.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
This. Petry should absolutely not be in the lineup tonight. If anybody is going to die on the hill of handedness, my counter argument is that Jeff Petry is currently playing like a no-handed defenseman.
I'm one of the biggest handedness guys here, and even I'm going to say that when your D corps is as wrecked as Detroit's is right now, handedness takes a back seat. Mo should be the only righty in the top-4. Chiarot can play the right, put him with Ed.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I’m sorry but Holl is better than Petry. Petry is atrocious. Are we sure he’s even a RH shot? Maybe he’s a lefty and that’s why he’s so horrible playing with a RH stick

Reactions: raymond23

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
While I generally don't think Petry is as bad as people have made him out to be, he has been legitimately awful lately. The mental mistakes have been brutal.

Sitting him for a game for a rest and hopefully mental reset would be great.

Maatta and Holl look better because they player fewer and protected minutes. so ultimately we need Petry to get back to being his average self.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
A win today and a regulation loss by the Flyers would put us back in the second wild card spot with a game in hand. I guess we have to look at the Isles as the lesser of the two evils today.

Reactions: FMichael

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad