GDT: Game 75: Red Wings at lightning 7:00 pm et 4/1/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Oct 18, 2006
Veleno only took 6 shifts tonight for 4:42 TOI.

Lalonde said it was due to "matchup issues and special teams" but that sure looks like getting stapled to the bench.
Having missed the game I came here to ask the question if he got injured. Guess I got my answer, wow. Basically a healthy scratch.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Playoffs pretty much locked now, don't think there's a chance that both Caps and Flyers finish ahead, NYI might be a threat but they're 3 pts back and have been inconsistent all year.
Man do I want to drink what you’re having but I don’t think we’re a lock by any means. We’re in a good spot but need to keep pushing. Rangers won’t be easy and the Capitals will play us hard again. Islanders and Flyers could easily string a few together and make it tough. This late, it can literally take two wins/losses in a row to change it all.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
R.a271a3cb0c44d20ea19bd3b55c2d32c2

Lyon back on his game

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Man do I want to drink what you’re having but I don’t think we’re a lock by any means. We’re in a good spot but need to keep pushing. Rangers won’t be easy and the Capitals will play us hard again. Islanders and Flyers could easily string a few together and make it tough. This late, it can literally take two wins/losses in a row to change it all.
Flyers have been struggling for weeks and couldn't even beat Chicago the other day. Isles are the only threat I think now, but being three points back and the Wings having a not very tough schedule the rest of the way I very much doubt they can pass the Wings.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Huge game for
Lyon, Seider, Petry, Edvidson, Compher, Larkin, Perron, Fabbri, Kane and Raymond.

Comphers best game in wings uniform. 23 min, 2 A, +3.
Lyon finally wins a game, his 1st in his last 10.
Petry saving the goal was huge, almost turning point of the game.
.500 vs canes, cats and bolts on the road is an amazing result.
Edvidson over 20 min, 3rd among dmen and 4th on the team.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
If this team were a pizza - it would be known as the 'Lalonde Special'; lacking sausage (shots), missing pepperoni ( outplayed), and thin on the mozzarella...Yet still edible.

• Haha
Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Wow, this win becomes even bigger. Their top guys, Point and Kucharov -3, Stamkos and Stamkos and Hedman -2. Larkin +2 Compher +3.
Copp -1 and a very bad penalty they scored on.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
If this team were a pizza - it would be known as the 'Lalonde Special'; lacking sausage (shots), missing pepperoni ( outplayed), and thin on the mozzarella...Yet still edible.
Good one. He finally figured out he had to limit Debrincats icetime, 15 min. 1st game in a long time he did not make any turnovers.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Great effort by the team. They really grinded this out. Lyon was excellent and the D were good at limiting 2nd chances and taking cross crease passes. Ed specifically had a very good stick tonight. Broke up lots of plays and 1 led to a goal. Definitely the most solid game for all 6 of our D in a long while.

My biggest complaint is the PP usage. In what world does lalonde not start patrick kane at the start of a pp. But then to do it 2 times is even worse. That is just flat out dumb coaching and it's little things like that that could very well cost him his job eventually.

Reactions: 14ari13

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Congrats guys, big win. One thing in our favour is we have a big lead in ROW’s over the Flyers and Caps

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
there's a sadistic part of me that wants to see the Wings tie for that second wild card spot just to see the sheer confusion among all the people I keep seeing that don't know how the tiebreaker system actually works

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Nice win. Now they just need to get 7 more to end the season. NBD.
I think that would be the most hilariousest thing to happen all season. Close out on a team heater and scare the bejesus out of whoever they get in Round 1.

I mean, they could do it. If Cat starts scoring again, Ray stays hot, Larks is unlocked as teams start giving the forwards space, Ed helps the D like he's been doing, and Kane starts flicking the puck through 8 screeners and in like it's no big thang - that would be kinda awesome.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Good one. He finally figured out he had to limit Debrincats icetime, 15 min. 1st game in a long time he did not make any turnovers.

DeBrincat had 20 shifts and 13:42 of ES TOI tonight. His season average is 21 shifts and 14:46 ES TOI, 51 seconds per shift. Lalonde ""finally figured out he had to limit DeBrincat's ice-time" by giving him one less long shift, almost certainly the result of the Wings protecting a lead in the final minutes rather than trying to catch up The extreme negative narrative about DBC is boring and misrepresents his overall value this season.

• Haha
Reactions: RRhoads and 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad