Post-Game Talk: Game 75 - B's lose shootout but bank 6 of 8 points on trip and head home - Winnipeg 5 BRUINS 4 F/SO

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I get that the Jets needed the shootout to beat a rather dogged and beaten down, injured Bruins team. But you can see why they are where they are. They have speed, skill, and size.

I.e. they look like a playoff-built team.

Reactions: BMC

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Huge Point we will take it. I agree with the first goal but outside of that we kind of got the breaks . The offside could've went either way which was the only way we get a point at that time of game . Penalties were 11 minutes to 2 . They could've I am not say shouldve given wingels 2 minutes . I didn't like the call on Miller but at 11/0 they are looking to call one on the other team. We just have to hope Grz isn't out in to the playoffs .

Reactions: trenton1

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
what a joke of a game. The Bruins are missing 3 of their top 7 forwards & top 2 D not to mention Gryz and this supposedly elite Jets team needs all the help they can get just to squeeze out the extra point.

That team makes me sick. reminds me of the 2011 Canucks. bunch of fake tough guys and a delusional fan base. Tanev even looks like Burrows. I want to see Scheifle get hit by the Charlie Mac Truck

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dobby has a rough game, although he made some big saves late in the third period.

Not Marchand's best game either, but it was the tail end of a tough road trip.

Donato is gonna be a good one!

I hope Gryz is gonna be OK, but the way it's been going lately for the B's, I highly doubt it.

I almost forgot .....Scheifele, Morrissey and the Jets suck!!!

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I'm not so sure they are over rated. Bruins just played a good team. Big and fast. Bruins were looking over they're shoulders. They looked gassed. Not sure if it was travel or the speed of the Jets.

It wasn't the speed of the Jets because there weren't many 3 on 2's and other odd man rushes.
They're phony... big fat phonies... and Tanev is a poopyface.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
How is Brad Marchand a third star? They could've chosen anyone else and it would've been a better option after the performance he delivered tonight.

Do people watch this game who are really that reliant on a stat sheet telling them who the best players were? Like...what were you watching for 60 minutes?
Considering it's the home team making the selections, and the fact that Brad was giving them the puck all night long, it makes a bit more sense...

Reactions: BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hopefully some can put this in perspective. We just went on a four-game road trip against St Louis Dallas Minnesota and Winnipeg missing between 6 and 8 of our top 12 players and went 2 - 0 -2. That just blows me away.

While I'm usually all over this board for the overreactions, everyone seems to be pretty content with what's been going on.

Pulling points out of every game at this stage of the season, with how depleted the roster is and how many games they're playing, is a serious accomplishment.

Reactions: Jets2point0

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Dobby has a rough game, although he made some big saves late in the third period.

Not Marchand's best game either, but it was the tail end of a tough road trip.

Donato is gonna be a good one!

I hope Gryz is gonna be OK, but the way it's been going lately for the B's, I highly doubt it.

I almost forgot .....Scheifele, Morrissey and the Jets suck!!!

Pretty well spot on but I will add you are being nice to Brad lol it had to be his worst game of the year ,tons of give aways and a few bad defensive plays

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jets do look real good IMO. I’d say they’re cup favorites if I had to pick one. Only question mark is their defense.

Agree that is a good team. To me they are a rich mans Toronto the forwards are good enough they 'can' win with a guy like Morrow as their #3/4. If we win Thursday and somehow squeeze past Tampa for the #1 spot tonights point will have a lot to do with it.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It wasn't the speed of the Jets because there weren't many 3 on 2's and other odd man rushes.
They're phony... big fat phonies... and Tanev is a poopyface.
Idk. I saw a fast and big team. Maybe it's my tv settings.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
can someone please explain how the first goal was even ruled a goal no the ice to begin with ? did the ref just take the goal light and tanev celebrating a basically call it a goal ? i understand the point of no clear evidence the puck ever crossed after replay to overturn but why the **** did i have to be overturned to begin with . Soooo pissed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad