GDT: Game 74: Red Wings at cats 12:30 pm et 3/30/24 (NHLN, BSD)

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
This one hurts, could of been a defining moment in the season, should of gotten 2 here, the effort was there.

The org needs to realize you cannot put everything on Mo. First 50 minutes, he was playing great, but then some BS bad puck luck happened to him and he didn't make the plays we needed. Can't be this way next season.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Given there were a few in the GDT crying about how the Wings were trying to draw penalties all game, I can only imagine what goes on there.

Best to avoid. Dragons be there.
You mean to tell me players try to draw penalties? What in tarnation!

When that there Kachook feller punches 22 year olds he's trying to ruffle their feathers? Gee golly.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
BOOKMARK THIS POST…. THIS GAME MARKS THE COMEBACK. 2 POINTS TODAY AND THEN ONWARD AND UPWARD FOR THE NEXT 8 GAMES…..
UNTIL PLAYOFFS!

giphy.gif

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
All is not totally lost, but they have to play with total desperation the rest of the way.

8 games left, need to rip of a run of 7-1 or 6-1-1 to have a chance. Have to start the run by beating Tampa and must win the home Caps game.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
lol cant score. so much talent what a waste. no playoffs for this team. i remember when people were saying we would be a hard match up if we made the playoffs. lmao

Reactions: 14ari13

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
All is not totally lost, but they have to play with total desperation the rest of the way.

8 games left, need to rip of a run of 7-1 or 6-1-1 to have a chance. Have to start the run by beating Tampa and must win the home Caps game

Oh, we hear this shit all the time. The problem is that just 8 games left and we need all of them to get in.

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
lol cant score. so much talent what a waste. no playoffs for this team. i remember when people were saying we would be a hard match up if we made the playoffs. lmao
Hahaha ya I remember reading wings will be a scary matchup for teams when we were on that hot streak

Reactions: 14ari13
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Hahaha ya I remember reading wings will be a scary matchup for teams when we were on that hot streak
lol yeah there was one game where PK Subban was going on and on about how dominant the Wings looked, and whoever plays them in round 1 needs to be ready

fast forward a month, and we look like the worst team in the NHL

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
*checks florida forum* ....

Apparently not only are most Florida residents on hard drugs but so is the fan base.
Ekblad is definitely on something.
Nice to see Ed play against a couple high quality team tho. Not some low stakes end of the year lotto team call up either.
He was the only defender who didn't make any mistake. I have never seen a player with so much confidence. I mean so young player.
Please seat Petry for next game
Sit DeBrincat. At least sit him in 3rd period. DeBrincat is the worst player on the team by far. No player is close. Lalonde might be a bit worse.

It was an amazing and exciting game. Lalonde is a terrible coach. All he had to do is to send Perron to go after Ekblad and get under his skin, we get PP and win the game. Ekblad was worse than Lapointe in 2000. He was completely out of control. It was so easy to get him to take a penalty. Lalonde could not figure it out. Unbelievable.

Why can't they score? 2 breakaways in the game Raymond and DeBrincat and 3 in SOs and not a single goal. That's very bad.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Ekblad is definitely on something.

He was the only defender who didn't make any mistake. I have never seen a player with so much confidence. I mean so young player.

Sit DeBrincat. At least sit him in 3rd period. DeBrincat is the worst player on the team by far. No player is close. Lalonde might be a bit worse.

It was an amazing and exciting game. Lalonde is a terrible coach. All he had to do is to send Perron to go after Ekblad and get under his skin, we get PP and win the game. Ekblad was worse than Lapointe in 2000. He was completely out of control. It was so easy to get him to take a penalty. Lalonde could not figure it out. Unbelievable.

Why can't they score? 2 breakaways in the game Raymond and DeBrincat and 3 in SOs and not a single goal. That's very bad.
Sit ADB?

Lolol dude

You’re all over the place.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
That second goal by Florida was a turning point the game. What a fluke. Debrincat on the PP in OT once again hits a post. He must lead the league in that department.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Sit ADB?

Lolol dude

You’re all over the place.
DeBrincat is brutal. He is easily the worst player on the team by far. Nobody is even close.

I didn't participate in the threads on the main board here, but I read them recently. There was a lot of negative posts about him. They are correct. DeBrincat costs us a goal every game.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
DeBrincat worst player on the team right now? Not when Jeff Petry exists.
DeBrincat is a turnover machine. He causes at least one goal or an odd man rush per game. He should not touch the puck until we establishe position in the offensive zone.
Larkin, Raymond and Kane together don't make a half as many mistakes as DeBrincat does alone.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Not defending DeBrincat, just saying, he isn't the worst. Worst forward maybe.

We need to find some defensive wingers in the offseason. Perron, Fabbri, DeBrincat, Kane, Sprong, all net negatives in the d zone.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Found this article interesting, kind of goes at these meh attitude team/coach quotes.

"News flash – next week, it’s April. The stretch drive. And the Red Wings are chasing the Capitals for the last Eastern Conference postseason placing. A point here and a point there isn’t going to get the job done.

Giving it the old college try doesn’t amount for much in the pro ranks."

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
What if we yell at slumping players more? What if we call them out in the press more? Let's bench the guys trying to find their rhythm.

Look I'm not saying benching isn't a good technique to use now and then. I'm just saying that a lot of posters here during this rough stretch seem to think getting angry at players is the only solution.

Reactions: PenskyMaterial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad