GDT: Game 74 | Columbus at New York Rangers | 3/20 7PM

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Yeah, I remembered seeing that article. I guess it was somewhat of a valid question, but I mean it really doesn't apply to him and the Jackets situation. Kane is making excuses as for why he had a down year (by his standards) and why the Hawks sucked. Artemi is on a new team where he is a star now and isn't the supporting cast of #88.

Idk, it just makes me cringe a little bit. I walk on eggshells a bit because I think I legitimately love him and don't want to do anything to jeopardize him staying long term. haha

Reactions: Jackets Fan

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
God... I wish our media people would stop asking Panarin about Kane. He clearly said it makes him kind of angry waaaay back at the intro press conference. Dude is our best player and has nothing left to prove.

I was going to explode with rage if that was Maetzold's question, but I believe it was Tom Reed, who is actually my favorite CBJ writer. Get some new material already.

Don't ask Bob about goals that were scored on him and don't ask Panarin about Patrick Kane. Doesn't seem too difficult. lol

Yeah I didn't like that, either. Like come on, guys, this is Columbus now. Guy's got almost a full season with the team, and an outstanding season at that. He's a Jacket.

Also, Giesenschlag said in the post game as the image showed Madison Square Garden over his shoulder something like "There's the Garden! Jackets weren't too intimidated tonight!"

Just, no

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
God... I wish our media people would stop asking Panarin about Kane. He clearly said it makes him kind of angry waaaay back at the intro press conference. Dude is our best player and has nothing left to prove.

I was going to explode with rage if that was Maetzold's question, but I believe it was Tom Reed, who is actually my favorite CBJ writer. Get some new material already.

Don't ask Bob about goals that were scored on him and don't ask Panarin about Patrick Kane. Doesn't seem too difficult. lol

I would agree with you if he did more than one press conference this year. Since his trade here this was the first time I've seen him speak to the media, so he is kinda asking for it, and if he spoke more then the question would have been answered by now.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I do agree that one thing we have to offer Bread that most of the good trams cannot offer him is that in Columbus he is “THE MAN”, here he is The Star, not just another great player on a great team. And in the ego driven world of pro sports that can count for a lot. So I think if Jarmo plays it right he can get Panarin signed long term as “The Man”. Of course that could create issues with fellow countryman Bob who is currently The Man.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I think of it as follows: Yes, it makes him kind of angry at that time. He's since demonstrated that he's his own player and still a star, and now when he gets asked the question it's because Kane misses him as opposed to folks speculating on it being the other way around.

If it were me in that situation, I'd be amused rather than annoyed.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I can't say how much English Artemi understands.. I could clearly see that he understood "Patrick Kane", & I'm sure he tired of the love of everything "Patrick Kane" from his time in Chicago (My two favorite teams btw). I will say this, Artemi Panarin is magical, I am old enough to remember guys like Guy LaFleur, and Rocket Richard and when they skated with the puck it was like watching a world class performer. Panarin is like that, and his passing and vision are really quality aspects of his game as well. My hope is that he attracts other great Russian players, he and Bob can open the door for Columbus being a great city to attract Russian talent. If they don't like Columbus, they sure hide it well. That speaks more than words imo. I love Artemi, there I said it. Oh and Sbarro sux, its better than other food court food: but I don't eat in food courts.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
All of it. He doesn't need a translator from english to russian.

Interesting. Do you know this.. as in you know Artemi or are you speculating? The reason I ask is I have never seen Artemi answer a question prior to the translator repeating things in Russian. If Artemi does know, he is extremely polite. Playing a long allows him to stay out of the spotlight, he is probably really happy with that. Oh I just scored a hat trick, gonna get interviewed.. oh shit

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Could be just that his English skills are good enough to discuss hockey with the coach but not good enough for "we will overanalyze ever word you say" media quotes.
I'm sure it's good enough for something like Josh Anderson "you know, puck on net, yeah, for sure" interviews. :D

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad