GDT: [Game #71] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken – 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #71 – 3/21/2023 – 7:30 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Seattle Kraken
38-19-13, 89 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 38-24-7, 83 pts

1em5YM3.png

wuy4s9a.jpg
oSUuG6V.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:seattle

McCann - Beniers - Eberle
Schwartz - Wennberg - Donato
Tolvanen - Gourde - Bjorkstrand
Tanev - Geekie - Hayden

Dunn - Larsson
Oleksiak - Borgen
Megna - Schultz

Daccord

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Doubt Poirier plays a single game. They just switch guy up that is allowed to watch an NHL game from the bench fully equipped. Murray need to play some AHL games and Remi was playing quite a bit lately

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
873owVL.gif

7:30?! Cheese&Crackers How am I supposed to psyche myself up ~2hrs earlier?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN I have to watch the game at a reasonable time!?

If you really want to F me up, get rid of these GD puck tracks!

Not surprised. He has not played well. Hanley makes more sense. Does not add anything but he does not make the costly mistakes that Lundkvist makes.
How is he supposed to learn to play well in real games though? Is he just perma-scratched til we find a way to offload him for nothing? I think it's a really dumb waste of time and a player.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Let's hope we don't make the emergency goalie look like a HOF candidate......as we so often do.

On the positive side, I wonder if the Kraken, knowing they probably won't beat us, and that we will probably meet them in the first round (if the season ended today) are allowing themselves to save face with the excuse of a goalie's first game.

If we were real sporting, we would give Poirer his first start. Hey, Murray won his first one.

Reactions: Johno

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
873owVL.gif

7:30?! Cheese&Crackers How am I supposed to psyche myself up ~2hrs earlier?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN I have to watch the game at a reasonable time!?

If you really want to F me up, get rid of these GD puck tracks!

How is he supposed to learn to play well in real games though? Is he just perma-scratched til we find a way to offload him for nothing? I think it's a really dumb waste of time and a player.
Can he be sent down? If not training camp and try again next year? How can you sacrifice winning for one player to develop? How is that right for the rest of the team and the fans? He has been flat out awful with costly mistakes he should not be making.

At this point the coach has to ice the best group of players that gives him the best chance to win. Unfortunately that is not Lundkvist. I wish he could play but he has not earned that time.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Can he be sent down? If not training camp and try again next year? How can you sacrifice winning for one player to develop? How is that right for the rest of the team and the fans? He has been flat out awful with costly mistakes he should not be making.
Okay, I've never played D in hockey.. but
Ryan Suter, Colin Miller, Joel Hanley .. these guys are better than patience with a player we've seen some good things from? Cap hits alone make this feel like iffy decision making IMHO.

I don't know if he can be sent down, but if we wanted him to get playing time, education, experience.. that's better than just scratching him :\

Then again, I guess we've been very Lucksessful with him benched or scratched.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Okay, I've never played D in hockey.. but
Ryan Suter, Colin Miller, Joel Hanley .. these guys are better than patience with a player we've seen some good things from? Cap hits alone make this feel like iffy decision making IMHO.

I don't know if he can be sent down, but if we wanted him to get playing time, education, experience.. that's better than just scratching him :\

Then again, I guess we've been very Lucksessful with him benched or scratched.
True it could be cap related. That I have no idea about. Miller and Hanley are currently playing better. Suter is playing slightly better but seems to have gotten slower. The issue is obvious mistakes that lead to goals. Suter won’t be scratched as much as we all want that. All three are more physical. Lundkvist gets pushed around. The kid needs to work on his game and it is tough when the team is in a playoff race to give him minutes where he costs goals on awful turnovers.

I hope he works out. Need that RHD that can move a puck. Miro can’t do it alone even though he is trying his hardest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad