GDT: Game 70 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Dallas Stars | 7:30PM | Something, something the refs are Saruman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This specific call may be changed soon tho.
Alotta peeps want it to be a plane thing where it doesn't matter if Geno's leg is up or not. Just his leg in the air on the blue line would be good enough.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Yes.
Believe thats why you don't need the TO.
If it was last seasons rules, Hitch would've needed a TO.

I think it happens, everyone gets confused and pissed and then forgets.

They would have gotten a penalty if it was wrong.

thanks
giphy.gif

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Anyone else beyond annoyed with the "I wanna see ya in a Kia" commercial?

It's played at least 2 times per commercial break.

Makes me want to throw my remote at the TV and never even consider buying a Kia.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I'm in the minority who like the offside challenge TO A DEGREE. I like the point of it, but I don't like the skate up/down aspect.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
You can probably count the number of big games that were altered by a missed offside on one hand. The rule should have never even been tinkered with in the first place. The linesmen have always been more than adequate at catching offside. Especially the kind of offside that actually gives a meaningful advantage.

These reviews are a solution to a problem that didn't really exist. Asking players this size, playing at this speed, to control their body down to fractions of a centimeter is ludicrous.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
And I now have lived long enough to see Nick Kypreos be a voice of reason . . .

The biggest thing for me is that it didn't impact the play at all. It's the "foot in the crease" all over again. That 1/18th of an inch wasn't the difference between a goal or not.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Score line might not be hot from last night and tonight, but I think the 5 on 5 play has really been controlled by the Pens. Im taking that positive away regardless

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

giphy.gif

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Honestly, I hope the team is not thinking about that call as much as this board is. The POs are full of blow calls, and a team that gets suckered into playing irrationally is a team that loses.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Anyone else beyond annoyed with the "I wanna see ya in a Kia" commercial?

It's played at least 2 times per commercial break.

Makes me want to throw my remote at the TV and never even consider buying a Kia.
Bad commercials should be punished by never buying the product and tons of mockery

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
NHL: We want more goals and we want to be entertaining for everyone to watch.

Dumo scores: Nope that's not a goal. In fact. That's a penalty.

Horny scores: Nope that's not a goal. Somebody's skate was in the air. Let's go back in time 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad