GDT: Game 70 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Dallas Stars | 7:30PM | Something, something the refs are Saruman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
ArQZFjy.jpg

DpjVv6s.jpg

C287r54.jpg

gq3X2yz.jpg

SxradYm.jpg

A mod can lock it until later or whatever. I call it Sullum/Gollivan and OlEntsiak.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Combining two of my favorite things. Love it. Stars havent had the offense of past seasons, but this game could still get fun with the talent on the ice.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yesterday I was looking for three things out of the game...no injuries, 4 points for Geno and a good defensive effort. I only got one of those....

Going to try again....please 1) no injuries, 2) defense....that includes forwards backchecking and support, and 3) lots and lots of points/goals for Geno....

Different game against Dallas....they are thugs. We have to play fast and faster, and try to avoid the hits and break down their D. That's why it would have been nice not to play the big three 20 min each last night...oh well

I said last week that if we could go 3-1 this week, our toughest out of the remaining schedule by far, that that would be good sign. We still have a chance...

Let's go boys! Get a win!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It seems pretty clear the Penguins are making the playoffs but man... I really, really want Geno to take home some hardware, too. And I hate to be this guy... but I'm just not seeing it. Hornqvist doesn't look right (and that's the "skill" guy on his line) and the team in general seems discombobulated. And everyone ELSE he's competing with seems to be on a roll.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much... just win. Just make the playoffs. But goddamnit... dude is so close. NEED some big games. This assist here and there stuff won't cut it, unfortunately.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
It seems pretty clear the Penguins are making the playoffs but man... I really, really want Geno to take home some hardware, too. And I hate to be this guy... but I'm just not seeing it. Hornqvist doesn't look right (and that's the "skill" guy on his line) and the team in general seems discombobulated. And everyone ELSE he's competing with seems to be on a roll.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much... just win. Just make the playoffs. But goddamnit... dude is so close. NEED some big games. This assist here and there stuff won't cut it, unfortunately.
Could try swapping Horny and Kessel. Kessel could help Malkin pile up the points and maybe Horny creates room for Brassard to get his game going.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Could try swapping Horny and Kessel. Kessel could help Malkin pile up the points and maybe Horny creates room for Brassard to get his game going.

I'm all about that. But Kessel looks banged up. Dunno how much help, there. I guess HGH at least looks... responsible?

But it's gonna take more than a few good weeks to convince me that Horns and Geno is something viable. I feel like the years of ineptitude prior to this is a more reliable indicator.

Hags and Geno, though? Yeah... don't screw with that.

Reactions: KIRK

TrudeauG

Jul 2, 2017
One wonders if their nads are the same size..
I'm refering to the hobbits. Where's Mitch Marner? He's a nain.

Anyway the Pens are primed to explode. I don't know if exploding on the Stars will get the win though.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

He has 19 points in his last 10 games, points in 9 of those, and 6 multipoint efforts. I'd say his line is doing fine. If anything, he could be picking up more points on the PP (only has 3 PP assists in those 10 games).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
To my eyes... they've slowed up significantly since Hornqvist came back from injury. I don't have the numbers in front of me. Maybe I'm wrong. There aren't many other options the coach is likely to try right now, anyway. So whatever.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
One four rings, to rule them all...

compete for the complete threepeat boys..show you have life tonight

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
To my eyes... they've slowed up significantly since Hornqvist came back from injury. I don't have the numbers in front of me. Maybe I'm wrong. There aren't many other options the coach is likely to try right now, anyway. So whatever.
Unless you are comparing it to the 5-game stretch where he had 9 goals in 5 games, he hasn't slowed down at all. If you want just since Hornqvist has been back, then it is 15 points in 8 games. Messing with Malkin's line right now would hurt his chances of winning any trophies, not help it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can we battle for pucks, forecheck hard, provide support in the D and O zones and get to the net?.....if not, and I doubt it, I think it's another loss today. Hope I'm wrong

Just too bad it's another b2b with an hour less to recover given daylight savings...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
We'll see. Like I keep saying... I don't think Hornqvist helps Malkin much and vice versa. A few weeks stretch doesn't change my mind on that. Malkin has been playing at a level that makes linemates difficult to completely assess. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Farnham4top6

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
We'll see. Like I keep saying... I don't think Hornqvist helps Malkin much and vice versa. A few weeks stretch doesn't change my mind on that. Malkin has been playing at a level that makes linemates difficult to completely assess. I hope I'm wrong.
It's been a lot longer than a couple of weeks, but OK. You are clearly entrenched in your belief.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I think you can make an argument that theres not a huge drop off from Horny to Rust on Malkins wing. But to say Horny hasnt helped Malkin get going makes me wonder how much youve been watching. Malkin turned it up when HGH was made a thing and they have dominated long stretches together. The look much much better than HGK has. Maybe it tails off, maybe it doesnt, but right now thats the best line weve had all season.

Reactions: KIRK and Treent1

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's been a lot longer than a couple of weeks, but OK. You are clearly entrenched in your belief.

Not really. I could say the same about you. I literally said "I hope I'm wrong" in the last post you quoted. Which... just SCREAMS "entrenched in beliefs." But whatever. Enjoy your Sunday. Maybe have a Snickers, or something.

Like seriously, I'm just having a conversation, here. I'm not mashing my keyboard and letting the spittle fly.

Last edited:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
My theory is they flipped a coin and decided what game they were going to show up for this weekend. Conserving energy is key for this marathon to a threepeat. Pick our battles. We have a lot of back to back games, I'm thinking they are more than happy to split them.

If I'm right, they should crush tonight. Let's see!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not really. I could say the same about you. I literally said "I hope I'm wrong" in the last post you quoted. Which... just SCREAMS "entrenched in beliefs." But whatever. Enjoy your Sunday. Maybe have a Snickers, or something.

Like seriously, I'm just having a conversation, here. I'm not mashing my keyboard and letting the spittle fly.
I'm not mashing my keyboard at all. Sorry if you feel that providing stats that don't agree with your point of view is me being angry, but I'm not.

And it has been much more than a couple of weeks. Hornqvist has been on Malkin's line (when healthy) since like mid-December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad