GDT: Game 70 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Dallas Stars | 7:30PM | Something, something the refs are Saruman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Half assing it is no way to go through life...

Yeah, I know. I need to work on that. Going for the gusto. Grabbing that brass ring. Having an aneurysm over line combinations and other things I can't control. It's a work in progress.

Er... you dumb sonofabitch!

Baby steps.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You conveniently cut the bottom of the screen off so we can't see Jones slip Milbury a 50 and tickets to Disney on Ice to say the decidedly weird (for Milbury) things he said about Geno, there.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Seeing that Carter Rowney is back in the lineup after having been Rowney-free for a couple of games last week makes me sad.

Hopefully Rowney can make me eat crow at some point. I mean, law of averages suggest he's due for a good game at some point, right?

...Right?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, I know. I need to work on that. Going for the gusto. Grabbing that brass ring. Having an aneurysm over line combinations and other things I can't control. It's a work in progress.

Er... you dumb sonofabitch!

Baby steps.

Gotta get with it homie.

My wife just sent me pics of Tyler Kennedy running shooting drills with my daughter at her practice today.

I'm now pulling her out of spring hockey.

See, I don't half ass it. I go all the way over the top.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta get with it homie.

My wife just sent me pics of Tyler Kennedy running shooting drills with my daughter at her practice today.

I'm now pulling her out of spring hockey.

See, I don't half ass it. I go all the way over the top.

Actually, if you were over the top, then you'd have left her there, because I can't think of a more vicious, 'over the top' if you will, hockey incarnation of child abuse than leaving your child to be tutored as a shooter by Tyler 'Chest Snipe' Kennedy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That's the funniest shit I've heard all week.

I wouldn't want that stick-licking weirdo around my daughter, either. What can he realistically teach her, anyway? How to best hit the logo dead center?

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's the funniest **** I've heard all week.

I wouldn't want that stick-licking weirdo around my daughter, either. What can he realistically teach her, anyway? How to best hit the logo dead center?

Yeah, but pulling the kid is perfectly rational. Now, LEAVING her there . . . that crazy **** would truly be over the top.

What a 'do as I say, not as I do' talker @Mr Jiggyfly is . . . :thumbu:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's the funniest **** I've heard all week.

I'm only playing.

He was doing a hell of a job in the video she sent of showing her how to slide on her inside edge and release the puck. Really impressed.

Now if he starts licking his stick in front of her, well, ya I'm gonna pull her for real, that's just nasty...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hahahaha... that's awesome. I always gave the "best third line in hockey" a bit of stick back in the day but always had kind of a soft spot for TK. I even thought earlier in his career that maybe he could slide into the top six. Not so much. But he had pretty decent offensive instincts... all the way up until the puck left his stick.

Still... guy managed to be a 20 goal scorer in this league. That's not easy to do. Especially with Staal as your playmaker. :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hahahaha... that's awesome. I always gave the "best third line in hockey" a bit of stick back in the day but always had kind of a soft spot for TK. I even thought earlier in his career that maybe he could slide into the top six. Not so much. But he had pretty decent offensive instincts... all the way up until the puck left his stick.

Still... guy managed to be a 20 goal scorer in this league. That's not easy to do. Especially with Staal as your playmaker. :D

I'm not sure we win the 2009 cup if he doesn't win the cup stacking race against Camp Mohawk.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Wasn’t he mainly with Malkin and Crosby for that 20 goal season?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He very well might have been. That would make a lot of sense. I honestly don't remember. That was the dreaded year of the Return Of Kovalev. I do remember THAT.

I looked it up and it looked like 8 goals with either Crosby and Malkin and then he scored a ton once they both went down with Letestu and Chris Connor.

But I remember him being with Crosby randomly before Crosby went on his point stretch.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh my goodness... Chris Connor...

Did Kovalev play center out of desperation at points near the end of that season? My brain is probably pulling that out of nothing but I swear I remember that being a thing.

No Crosby, Malkin OR Staal for large stretches that season. Yikes.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wasn’t he mainly with Malkin and Crosby for that 20 goal season?

Nope.

2010-2011 was the season Sid was racking up points with Kunitz and Dupuis and then got concussed (twice) to end his season.

2010-2011 was also the season where Geno's season ending knee injury might have been a step up from starting the season as a RW on a Tangradi-Comrie-Malkin line in anticipation of a permanent shift to Staal's wing.

It took me years of psychiatric aid to forget that year, and in one fell post, you just flushed it down the toilet for me.

Grand. Great. Thanks a lot.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
2010-2011 was also the season where Geno's season ending knee injury might have been a step up from starting the season as a RW on a Tangradi-Comrie-Malkin line in anticipation of a permanent shift to Staal's wing.

STAALKIN!

What a killer idea that was! Nothing completely backwards and ridiculous about it. Nope.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
STAALKIN!

What a killer idea that was! Nothing completely backwards and ridiculous about it. Nope.

I'm trying to figure out what was more psychologically scarring. Christensen centering Sid when he was a rookie or Tangradi-Comrie-Staal for a month or so to start Geno's 5th season in the league.

Good lord . . . :help:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm trying to figure out what was more psychologically scarring. Christensen centering Sid when he was a rookie or Tangradi-Comrie-Staal for a month or so to start Geno's 5th season in the league.

Good lord . . . :help:

You've forgotten about Mike Johnston insisting that Brandon flipping Sutter "show Geno the ropes" at center while Malkin played wing for 10+ games, haven't you?

And lol -- Christensen. Used to be a favorite prospect of mine. Shootout master!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You've forgotten about Mike Johnston insisting that Brandon flipping Sutter "show Geno the ropes" at center while Malkin played wing for 10+ games, haven't you?

Well, I had until you ****** things up for me.

Thanks . . .

264.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad