GDT: Game 70 | Columbus vs. Montreal | 3/12 7PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jenner-Wennberg-Vanek has lit a fire under each of their asses and play like a legit line. I hope they continue onward and don't fade away like PBJ did

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Vanek made a number of questionable plays last night. I agree that Wennberg and Jenner seem to be getting going but Vanek looked lost at times.

Maybe that's because I thought he'd come in and be a finisher but he really seems gunshy. He also had a couple of turnovers.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I think Vanek made a number of questionable plays last night. I agree that Wennberg and Jenner seem to be getting going but Vanek looked lost at times.

Maybe that's because I thought he'd come in and be a finisher but he really seems gunshy. He also had a couple of turnovers.

I really just wish he would shoot more. That pass back to Wennberg was a terrible decision.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Was this back problem an issue last year? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely asking because back injuries can come and go. Jenner was awful outside of the last 20 games and playoffs last year.
I don't remember Jenner having back problems either I thought he had like a rub issue or something. That would explain hot and cold streaks though depending on how inflamed a area around a disc might be around the nerves at any point in time. Unless they meant Wenny.

Vanek I agree with though is being sloppy. I honestly think you put Milano or Bjorkstrand in that spot and same skill can happen there.

Calvert Dubi Letestu could be the most dominant 4th line in the game with both the Cs being great on the dot and defensive minded and Calvy with his ability to jump the plays and break off. They all know how to frustrate the other teams and lock down top lines. No liability but all can reasonably score.

Fligs with the other of Milano and Oli and Anderson will be another tough line to move off the puck with speed and ability to put it in. Nicky does not get enough credit with his stick handling. His play the last game where he held onto it to get it back across the net is something he did a lot of in his best seasons. If Oli can get out of his head having a wrister like his and another shot out there like Anderson that can be a solid line like the Canucks seasons with Kesler and Burrows.

And the top line... they are just beast mode as of late. You can flip Cam and Andy if need be because the both have chemistry with the other lines but whatever is working stick with it.

These lines plus our D finally getting healthy making it actually a real legit hard choice to pick starters is something teams can only dream of.

Hmmm who do we start today coach

Jones Z
Savard JJ
Murray Nuti
Cole

Idk which of the 7 top 4 D should we play today.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
And the top line... they are just beast mode as of late. You can flip Cam and Andy if need be because the both have chemistry with the other lines but whatever is working stick with it.

Have no issue with anything besides this. The Anderson hype is too much for me.

Not only do Atkinson and Anderson play quite a bit differently, but Atkinson has VASTLY SUPERIOR offensive skills and offensive awareness. Panarin and Dubois play much better with Atkinson than they do/did with Anderson. MUCH MORE dangerous.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Have no issue with anything besides this. The Anderson hype is too much for me.

Not only do Atkinson and Anderson play quite a bit differently, but Atkinson has VASTLY SUPERIOR offensive skills and offensive awareness. Panarin and Dubois play much better with Atkinson than they do/did with Anderson. MUCH MORE dangerous.
I'm more then ok with Anderson on the 2nd with Fligs. I just know starting the year Anderson fit better with Panarin and Bread/Cam were so similar they didn't mesh until halfway through the season Andy kept scoring but the line wasn't as good and Cams game stepped up and thwy have played great together. While Cam and Anderson both have the speed I agree Cam has.much better... offensive IQ?... I don't know how I want to phrase it... But I think he is a better finisher and has a better mind for what our top line is. I only said Andy on the top line because I think depending on where chemistry falls when he gets healthy I think he is capable of going back on the top line or Cam has always played well with Fligs.

Basically I can smell exactly what you are cooking.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm talking about after the Red Wing game where they played a very good game and yet eveyone around them won.

The 3rd period was an atrocity.

You mean the Detroit game where they almost blew a 2 goal lead and Bob had to bail them out to save the win and not send it to OT? Wonder what your comments would have been if Bob had not made that save.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Was this back problem an issue last year? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely asking because back injuries can come and go. Jenner was awful outside of the last 20 games and playoffs last year.
I mean he put up 18 goals and 16 assists last year .
30 goals the prior season , which isn’t going to be the norm, but I think if he’s around 22 goals per season , he would be great value . This season , he missed camp, and first 8 games , and was skating noticeably slower, avoiding contact , until about 16 games ago, now he looks like old Boone . I wouldn’t worry about contracts , and Jarmo, he tends to drive a hard bargain .

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
You mean the Detroit game where they almost blew a 2 goal lead and Bob had to bail them out to save the win and not send it to OT? Wonder what your comments would have been if Bob had not made that save.

Yeah they pissed their pants in the last 5-6 minutes of the game but didn't get battered by a 17-1 disadvantage.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em all around

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

So if Jones is in, and Nuti is staying in the lineup, and Murray plays. That suggests Jack, Cole, or Savard are out of the lineup tomorrow. Me thinks its Jack.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I question how much of a "healthy" scratch it is, but if it is 100% not to do with him being banged up, then I think its a terrible move by Torts.

1 of Johnson, Nutivaara or Cole should sit.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Despite his numerous apologists recent protestations on this board, Murray has been unimpressive (at best) since his return.

Why wouldn't Torts go with his best 6 dmen? It's not a charity game they're playing. Thank goodness he's got better options than Murray.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I question how much of a "healthy" scratch it is, but if it is 100% not to do with him being banged up, then I think its a terrible move by Torts.

1 of Johnson, Nutivaara or Cole should sit.

Cole should sit instead of Murray:laugh:

Get used to your boy in the press box. If you're a "fan" then you should want the best 6 defenders out there. Murray ain't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad