GDT: Game 70 | Columbus vs. Montreal | 3/12 7PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
To paraphrase Willy Wonka' response to Verruca Salt, as she was picking her nose, tells Mr Wonka that spitting is a nasty habit: "I know some worse ones"
Waiting on your thoughts on the game first hand, non patiently!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
They played a very good first two periods but that third period was an absolute atrocity. Not sure why these guys think they have the ability to coast in games that they're leading by two goals or more in the third period. They haven't earned anything.

It's odd they get help on a night where they don't deserve it but didn't get any on a night they did. That's the NHL I guess
Now mind you, I didn’t actually see the game. So really I’m just spitballing here. But I’m guessing losing our number one D for the entire 3rd, which seems to be the consensus as to where the wheels fell off, might have a little bit to do with why the wheels fell off. But that’s just me. You, as the kids say these days, do you.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Waiting on your thoughts on the game first hand, non patiently!

Great seats at the blue line row H;
Nice to see the offense continue;
Jones was great until injured. He's playing Norris level hockey;
All 4 lines were very good until 3rd;
Though Cam and Dubois weren't all that strong tonight;
Bjorkstrand's miss was shocking but I still thought that line played well. Overall it looks like Torts has the right combos;
To get dominated in 3rd by a bad offensive team was inexcusable;
Bob was heroic in the 3rd;
I thought Savard made several HUGE plays;
Cole is solid and Nuti played well in his first game back;
Craziest play was with 5 or so to go when Hab was holding Dubois' stick, wouldn't let go and ref was just standing there with his head up his....
There were more empty seats that I would have expected and the place was quieter than I'd expect. More Habs fans than I would have expected.
Overall an important win ona night where we got good help from other teams.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Huge game on Thursday, I hope they bring it. I think we have a better team than Philly, so if they do, I like our odds.

Keep up the strong play. Please, please. Keep up the strong play. #cbj

Reactions: Jackets Fan

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think I told the board you would really like Cole. Right now I will tell you with Cole his desire is to play for a team that will give him minutes over salary. 15 - 16 minutes isn't going to cut it frankly. Col's stats are deserving of at least 2nd pairing status and a number of teams competing for his services may offer that and a leadership position. Offer him something like that in the 4 million per range ( 4 years )and that is what you will need to land him. Again some teams don't have a Seth Jones and a Werenski and are in need of a d man that is a career plus guy of near 70 over 393 games.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Pretty sure it’s related to when he got cross checked vs Colorado in OT. He didn’t practice yesterday

I was thinking the same thing. When they showed him skating off, his body language looked familiar, from that night. Dear god I hope this is just a precaution, because he has been so valuable lately.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Focusing on the positives:

- How f***ing good is Seth Jones? On top of all the goals recently, he's been incredible in the defensive zone. If he's out for any extended period of time, this team is doomed.
- Bobrovsky is hitting his Vezina form at exactly the right time.
- Milano looks like he's learning from Panarin on how to not get knocked off the puck. Defensive effort still isn't where it needs to be but his skill and creativity are as advertised, and if he can avoid being pushed around he can be a legit NHL winger.
- Bjorkstrand isn't scoring goals like I (and probably most of us) had hoped he would, but I've been impressed with his defensive effort. He's not going to play super physically but he's always smart with his stick work and frequently creates turnovers or saves goals.
- Ian Cole is a stress-free defenseman. Just makes the smart play every time.
- Foligno turning Petry inside out was a thing of beauty. Rewinded it twice hoping it was Reilly, but no such luck. Still cool though.

Intentionally omitted: Jack Johnson, the pairing of Werenski and Savard, the third period minus Bob, John Tortorella, "upper body injury"

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What's odd is that they won 5-2 and you think they didn't deserve any help but yet they deserved help when they didn't play a game at all? I don't get it.

I'm talking about after the Red Wing game where they played a very good game and yet eveyone around them won.

The 3rd period was an atrocity.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The 3rd period was an atrocity.

giphy.gif

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Focusing on the positives:

- How ****ing good is Seth Jones? On top of all the goals recently, he's been incredible in the defensive zone. If he's out for any extended period of time, this team is doomed.
- Bobrovsky is hitting his Vezina form at exactly the right time.
- Milano looks like he's learning from Panarin on how to not get knocked off the puck. Defensive effort still isn't where it needs to be but his skill and creativity are as advertised, and if he can avoid being pushed around he can be a legit NHL winger.
- Bjorkstrand isn't scoring goals like I (and probably most of us) had hoped he would, but I've been impressed with his defensive effort. He's not going to play super physically but he's always smart with his stick work and frequently creates turnovers or saves goals.
- Ian Cole is a stress-free defenseman. Just makes the smart play every time.
- Foligno turning Petry inside out was a thing of beauty. Rewinded it twice hoping it was Reilly, but no such luck. Still cool though.

Intentionally omitted: Jack Johnson, the pairing of Werenski and Savard, the third period minus Bob, John Tortorella, "upper body injury"
Why Torts?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Wennberg with 7 points in his last 4 games. Perhaps he is finally turning this weak season around and we will see last years wennberg back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad