Post-Game Talk: Game 70 - B's zap the Lightning - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 0 FINAL

NHRonin

Jul 21, 2005
Okinawa
I want the Bruins to catch Tampa but that also means they win the presidents trophy in all likelihood and aside from that being crazy I don't like the prospects of winning the presidents trophy and then a cup

I really feel good about this team though, they're giving me the same feels I got in 2011
Probably unlikely as Nashville is now 4 points up on Tampa and is the current favorite for the Presidents Trophy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Make that 1 point a shootout loss and we'd just be one ROW behind. Of course we'd also need to make up the 3 points elsewhere. Hoping we don't need to. :)
Columbus are apparently red-hot. Should be interesting.

It also means the Bruins would have to win their game in hand (in regulation or OT) which would put them ahead in ROW before that.

Clinch the tie breaker, every thing else comes after

Reactions: pkunit and Fossy21

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I have to say, seeing Nick Holden against Ryan McDonaugh I would Holden. Holden was a steal. He dipsied, doodled and did an awesome all around job for a guy who's fairly new to the system.

Grzelcyk was a stud tonight. He’s been good lately but this was his best game.
Grzelcyk& Holden have been positive surprises this season, Riley Nash is another one I really underrated.
The other Nash makes life more difficult for opponents in front of the net, good net presence and nice small plays, like lifting sticks.

The depth shows in games like these, normally you'd look at the injury list and expect a tough game, but here they go and shutdown the #1 team in the East.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Was only able to watch the 1st period, but man what an impressive win with so many key people out. We continue to dominate TB, still think TO and the Caps are the biggest threat in the east to the Bruins, that being said I think we are better then both those teams.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Very impressive win with so many key guys out. As long as they come back healthy, this will be a nice break for Chara and Bergeron that isn't costing the team anything so far.

Sweeney is looking good with all those spare parts he picked up at the deadline.

I noticed the Jackets have won 7 straight, guess they figured things out just in time...dammit.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Make that 1 point a shootout loss and we'd just be one ROW behind. Of course we'd also need to make up the 3 points elsewhere. Hoping we don't need to. :)
Columbus are apparently red-hot. Should be interesting.

I thought 95% of the posters/posts in their GDT were reasonable and/or entertaining.
The Blue Jackets have won 7 in a row. Bruins coming home from a long road trip. Injuries to key players. Scheduled loss?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
HEEEEEYYYYYYYYY it's been a GREAT St. Patty's dayy!

I did not expect a win, and i may have slightly pissed my boss off when he and a customer could hear me yelling at the back when I saw the score: "HAAAA! f*** YOU, TAMPAAAA!"

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Had to miss this one. Judging by the score I look forward to watching the highlights when I get out of work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad