Post-Game Talk: Game 70 - B's zap the Lightning - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 0 FINAL

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/boston-bruins.15/

TAMPA — The Bruins took a big step forward at Amalie Arena Saturday night, knocking off the big dog in the Eastern Conference — an efficient 3-0 win over the Lightning — but also lost veteran forward David Backes to an ugly cut to the right leg along the way.

Backes, promoted to first-line center prior to the 7:15 faceoff, exited in the final moments of the first period, after suffering a laceration above his right knee in a pileup at the Tampa net. The Bruins, ever tight-lipped about injuries, later confirmed the cut and that Backes required several stitches. He did not play the rest of the night.

David Pastrnak and Backes each scored in the first period, leaving the Bruins with a 2-0 lead at the first intermission, and Riley Nash followed with the club’s second power-play goal of the night for a 3-0 lead in the second.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
This would have been a perfect time for JFK to come up but he's out with an 'upper body' injury. At the rate the Bruins are losing forwards, Frederic will be the #1 C heading into the playoffs.

I've had mixed feelings on Holden and I think I figured it out. He reminds me a lot of Wideman. Good offense, moves the puck, but several times a game he makes some dumb decisions that may or may not lead to a goal against.

Reactions: BigBadBruin

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Impressive effort for a team with so many key injuries . Bruce Cassidy game planned this game outstanding and his team as they have done all year executed it and the effort he has instilled on this team is outstanding. Now onto the Leaf Lurkers of this thread how the f*** are you feeling now about Facing Boston in the playoffs lol. Had an argument with some random who stated the Leafs depth is as deep as the Bruins and to that I state GTFO delusional fools.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I have to say, seeing Nick Holden against Ryan McDonaugh I would prefer Holden. He dipsied, doodled and did an awesome all around job for a guy who's fairly new to the system.
I was sweating bullets back at the time it was rumored he might come to Boston. He is a good player no doubt but for the price it would have cost the Bs I did not want a deal to be made. He is overrated by many it seems.

Reactions: sarge88 and Strafer

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
felicitation Bruins ! Big games defenseman play strong Mcquaid, Miller hard hit carlo krug grzelcyk control the puck very well Holden play save

tukka very sharp the foward play a good game

Reactions: Thrive

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Wow wow wow What an awesome game . It is impossible not to love this team. Did any guy have a bad game ? It is just one game and doesnt mean much as far as beating them when it counts but Man what a performance .

We miss the guys missing especially Bergy in my eyes than Charlie but Don has given us 8 and I mean 8 Very good defenseman . I am not here arguing Mcquaid against so or so but anyone who thinks we are screwed cause he is out there are sadly mistaken.

I really believe in the nhl being super balanced so I wouldn't think we had to beat Columbus or Florida etc for sure in a series but I can tell you I do not look at any team in the nhl or especially the east that we don't stand a 50 /50 chance or better against in a series .

Reactions: Thrive and bluetib

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I want the Bruins to catch Tampa but that also means they win the presidents trophy in all likelihood and aside from that being crazy I don't like the prospects of winning the presidents trophy and then a cup

I really feel good about this team though, they're giving me the same feels I got in 2011

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Maybe (for fun) I will go over and read the Tampa GDT...
Just went over there (for fun). I learned that TB is conserving energy for the playoffs and they didn't care as much about this game as the Bs. Uh, yeah, Boston's stars were conserving energy by not even dressing for the game. There is a nice amount of panic as well over there.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Contemplate this

Make that 1 point a shootout loss and we'd just be one ROW behind. Of course we'd also need to make up the 3 points elsewhere. Hoping we don't need to. :)
Columbus are apparently red-hot. Should be interesting.

Just went over there (for fun). I learned that TB is conserving energy for the playoffs and they didn't care as much about this game as the Bs. Uh, yeah, Boston's stars were conserving energy by not even dressing for the game. There is a nice amount of panic as well over there.

I thought 95% of the posters/posts in their GDT were reasonable and/or entertaining.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I want the Bruins to catch Tampa but that also means they win the presidents trophy in all likelihood and aside from that being crazy I don't like the prospects of winning the presidents trophy and then a cup

I really feel good about this team though, they're giving me the same feels I got in 2011
Nashville has 104 points--no one in the East may have to "worry" about the curse of the President's trophy

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Nashville says hello

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
A very solid game tonight for the B's with a very depleted lineup .......I'm very impressed.

Getting shutout usually brings out the best in a good team, and I expected the B's to come out with a great effort tonight, but this exceeded my expectations.

...get well soon #42.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2