Half-Assed GDT: Game 7 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Lmao what is Berglund doing. :laugh:

This guy is really starting to grow on me. He's had a hell of a nice playoff performance again this year. He's a fantastic possession player and I feel really comfortable when he's on the ice because the other team rarely scores. When you think of players who play a safe, reliable game, Pietrangelo is obviously at the top but Berglund is up there too. Has he even made a mistake this postseason? I'm extremely impressed with how consistently solid he's been, and he makes it look effortless.

A year ago I would have advocated packaging him in a deal to clear some salary, but I'm not sure how you could really justify doing that anymore. If we do that with any forward, I think Lehtera would make more sense at this point. If you bring back Sobotka, have him replace any of Brouwer, Ott, Brodziak, Lehtera, etc., whatever it takes and I'd be okay with that. But I'm keeping Bergy on this roster.

That's the first I noticed as well in that video, Berglund seems like such a goofy guy in the dressing room.

Two years ago, I wanted him gone. I've changed my mind completely, he's such a useful player for the Blues and he should stay one as long as it's at a reasonable price.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Jamie Benn, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Artemi Panarin, and Jason Spezza have combined for just 5 goals in 42 games this postseason against Brian Elliott and the Blues.

Never in a million years would I have ever expected David Backes to score more goals in the same time frame by himself than that group combined.

Yeah, that is kinda of weird. All those world-class superstars (except Panarin) and only FIVE goals!!!

This proves that time and time again in sports, defense wins. Whether it is baseball with pitching and defense, basketball and the tenacious d it takes to win or ice hockey with goaltending and defense.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Yeah, that is kinda of weird. All those world-class superstars (except Panarin) and only FIVE goals!!!

This proves that time and time again in sports, defense wins. Whether it is baseball with pitching and defense, basketball and the tenacious d it takes to win or ice hockey with goaltending and defense.

He's a great player. Maybe not world class, but very skilled and proved he can play well without Kane in the 1st round. Elite offensive player, who without Kane could've hit 60-65 points. I doubt Kane hits 90 without him , their chemistry is nuts and Panarin is for sure a threat.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Same here man, my wife and son were making fun of me for still pacing around the living room when it was 5-0 :laugh:

With 1:30 left in the 3rd, I told the wife that I think we can start to believe that Dallas could only force OT at this point. With 30 seconds left, I told her I am starting to think we are going to win. She fully understood my reasoning...sadly. :laugh:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
That's the first I noticed as well in that video, Berglund seems like such a goofy guy in the dressing room.

Two years ago, I wanted him gone. I've changed my mind completely, he's such a useful player for the Blues and he should stay one as long as it's at a reasonable price.

A-Men to that! Bergy has been playing great. He has turned into a player that not everyone expected but his role with this club and how he is going about it is working out.

Keep the Bergy, Lehtera, Backes line as well as the Schwartz, Steen, Tarasenko line together. Of course this implies Fabs, Staz and Brouw stay together.

Insanely good lineup.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The only player who I'm not keen on is Lehtera. Everyone else, I'm fine with.

I really love Lehtera when he is on his game. So much so that I have a Lehtera jersey and it is my most-worn jersey. Demitra was one of my favorite players growing up and Lehtera reminds me a lot of him. With that said, he goes long stretches without being on his game.

My heart doesn't want to see him moved and I do think a full summer workout routine could help him find some consistency. However, I would totally understand if he is traded and would probably have a hard time disagreeing with the move.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I really love Lehtera when he is on his game. So much so that I have a Lehtera jersey and it is my most-worn jersey. Demitra was one of my favorite players growing up and Lehtera reminds me a lot of him. With that said, he goes long stretches without being on his game.

My heart doesn't want to see him moved and I do think a full summer workout routine could help him find some consistency. However, I would totally understand if he is traded and would probably have a hard time disagreeing with the move.
If we can find an upgrade on Lehtera, I'd do it. He's certainly not a bad player but I'd say he's more worth 3.5-4. 4.7 is a stretch. Lehtera is a good 2C.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
TO ANY BLLUES FANS THAT MISSED THE THIRD PERIOD DUE TO POWER OUTAGE:

nhl.com has the full replay up to watch. Any fellow Blues fans can PM me and I will gladly send you my gamecenter log in info so you can rewatch the game. Sharing is caring. Let's go Blues!

:yo:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
TO ANY BLLUES FANS THAT MISSED THE THIRD PERIOD DUE TO POWER OUTAGE:

nhl.com has the full replay up to watch. Any fellow Blues fans can PM me and I will gladly send you my gamecenter log in info so you can rewatch the game. Sharing is caring. Let's go Blues!

:yo:

I don't need it but that's awfully nice of you!

Bluenatic

Fresh start
Aug 13, 2010
STL
I was at nervous before the game yesterday. All day at work dreaming of the scenario that actually played out. Anyways the anthem was over and as I sit down on the couch, the storm froze my satellite. So as I was waiting for it to pass all I could do was watch my weather app and David Backes face as the TV screen is froze on him getting ready for battle on the bench. I was giddy as my app shows the storm about to move from over top my area. Alas lighting struck and knocked out my power before I regained signal. I missed the whole game, well sorta. I drank beer and listened the radio broadcast in my work truck. I'm ok with it since the end result was great but yeah so I feel your guys pain who missed out. LGB

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What you guys think about was Lehterä playing differently (good and bad things) with Bertta and Backes then Schwartz or Tarasenko?

Nothing?

I think he has played best games (last 1,5 when Hitch flip Steen - Lehterä) with Berglund and Backes, working his arse off forechecking and created turnover in his plays. In stl line he was just holding back position when Schwartz was forechecking. Saying he can't create plays another guys is bit bs and tbh Lehterä make Berglund - Backes line even better in these last games compare to Steen. So I really don't know why so many don't like Lehterä performance last games or haven't even give any note about it when in my eyes he has been significant additional to Bertta - Backes offence.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
JHsegM3.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/JHsegM3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad