Half-Assed GDT: Game 7 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Posted on a different thread but Congrats. You all deserve it. Massively Disappointing night for us, but the better squad won. Maybe we get another chance next year but will be rooting for you all to bring it home this year. Met nothing but great Blues fans in Dallas. Best of Luck!

From missing the playoffs to making the 2nd round without your 1c, that's still something to be proud of. Plus constantly robbing Chicago lol. Thanks for the support!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Regardless of what happens, this has to be considered a huge improvement for the Blues franchise. Exciting thing is that we have a lot of young players contributing to this years success.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I still can't believe it lol

Round 3 finally

large.jpg

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Damn I'm happy camper now.

Lmao what is Berglund doing. :laugh:

This guy is really starting to grow on me. He's had a hell of a nice playoff performance again this year. He's a fantastic possession player and I feel really comfortable when he's on the ice because the other team rarely scores. When you think of players who play a safe, reliable game, Pietrangelo is obviously at the top but Berglund is up there too. Has he even made a mistake this postseason? I'm extremely impressed with how consistently solid he's been, and he makes it look effortless.

A year ago I would have advocated packaging him in a deal to clear some salary, but I'm not sure how you could really justify doing that anymore. If we do that with any forward, I think Lehtera would make more sense at this point. If you bring back Sobotka, have him replace any of Brouwer, Ott, Brodziak, Lehtera, etc., whatever it takes and I'd be okay with that. But I'm keeping Bergy on this roster.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Lmao what is Berglund doing. :laugh:

This guy is really starting to grow on me. He's had a hell of a nice playoff performance again this year. He's a fantastic possession player and I feel really comfortable when he's on the ice because the other team rarely scores. When you think of players who play a safe, reliable game, Pietrangelo is obviously at the top but Berglund is up there too. Has he even made a mistake this postseason? I'm extremely impressed with how consistently solid he's been, and he makes it look effortless.

A year ago I would have advocated packaging him in a deal to clear some salary, but I'm not sure how you could really justify doing that anymore. If we do that with any forward, I think Lehtera would make more sense at this point. If you bring back Sobotka, have him replace any of Brouwer, Ott, Brodziak, Lehtera, etc., whatever it takes and I'd be okay with that. But I'm keeping Bergy on this roster.

let's not get carried away now

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
I hope NBCSN has a saved stream of this game. I could swear when I went to their stream site for the Sharks and Preds game they said there are thousands of videos. I missed the final half of the 3rd just like many. Internet was out too. If this happened when we were at home I'd be extra mad about it. But in the end we are in the Western Conference Finals!!!!

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Im still waiting that Lehtera is finding hes god mode that he had last year when season started...

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Last night.

Charter Tech: Hi, Thank You for calling Charter. How can I help?
Me: Yes I am wondering why my cable/internet just crashed going into the 3rd period of my Blues vs. Stars Game 7.
Charter Tech: I understand sir and I apologize. Are they winning the game?
Me: Yes, Yes they are and I would really like to watch it.
Charter Tech: If I could just get some information from you.
**Information**
Me: (heavy sigh)
Charter Tech: I apologize sir I am a huge hockey fan as well so I know how you feel.
Me: (trying to be nice) Oh yeah where are you from?
Charter Tech: Chicago
Me: Oh yeah I am sure you know exactly how I feel **rage intensifies**

Just woke up. I was so happy we won last night it just sucked that Charter stole the end of the game from me. This was hockey equivalent of Blue Balls.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Also, Blues get home ice the rest of the playoffs no matter what.

Not sure that's a good or a bad thing the way these playoffs have been going. Good news is were doing great on the road!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I hope NBCSN has a saved stream of this game. I could swear when I went to their stream site for the Sharks and Preds game they said there are thousands of videos. I missed the final half of the 3rd just like many. Internet was out too. If this happened when we were at home I'd be extra mad about it. But in the end we are in the Western Conference Finals!!!!

Unless their policy has changed, they don't archive NHL games. They archive some other events and have highlights, but not full games.

If your cable is running again, I would do a quick search of NBCSN, NHL Network and maybe even Fox Sports. There may be a re-air during the day today that you could record.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Damn I'm happy camper now.

I love that the healthy scratches are all guys who have made meaningful contributions. Jaskin had a huge game and gwg. Bortuzzo has had some good games. Reaves brought much needed physicality. They are as much a part of this team in every way. Great to see them celebrate with the guys, after having to watch from the press box.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What you guys think about was Lehterä playing differently (good and bad things) with Bertta and Backes then Schwartz or Tarasenko?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Last night.

Charter Tech: Hi, Thank You for calling Charter. How can I help?
Me: Yes I am wondering why my cable/internet just crashed going into the 3rd period of my Blues vs. Stars Game 7.
Charter Tech: I understand sir and I apologize. Are they winning the game?
Me: Yes, Yes they are and I would really like to watch it.
Charter Tech: If I could just get some information from you.
**Information**
Me: (heavy sigh)
Charter Tech: I apologize sir I am a huge hockey fan as well so I know how you feel.
Me: (trying to be nice) Oh yeah where are you from?
Charter Tech: Chicago
Me: Oh yeah I am sure you know exactly how I feel **rage intensifies**

Just woke up. I was so happy we won last night it just sucked that Charter stole the end of the game from me. This was hockey equivalent of Blue Balls.

Lol, goat conversation of the day. I was a nervous wreck even when it was 5-0 almost halfway through the third, just so conditioned from the Blues making everything as hard on their fans as possible. Hope you get to see it all, if not PM me and I'll give you a couple of youtube channels that are posting just about every playoff game from every series in it's entirety w/o commercials.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
What you guys think about was Lehterä playing differently (good and bad things) with Bertta and Backes then Schwartz or Tarasenko?

I like Steen in between Schwartz and Tarasenko a lot more than Lehtera.

Kind of like last year. Lehtera just looks lethargic at time. He just seems slow this time of year. Hes not necessarily playing bad but I don't like him playing with Tarasenko right now. He fits well with Berglund and Backes though. Berglund looked great playing with him. That line is more his speed right now.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I like Steen in between Schwartz and Tarasenko a lot more than Lehtera.

Kind of like last year. Lehtera just looks lethargic at time. He just seems slow this time of year. Hes not necessarily playing bad but I don't like him playing with Tarasenko right now. He fits well with Berglund and Backes though. Berglund looked great playing with him. That line is more his speed right now.

cos of Floating Frank :shakehead

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Jamie Benn, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Artemi Panarin, and Jason Spezza have combined for just 5 goals in 42 games this postseason against Brian Elliott and the Blues.

Never in a million years would I have ever expected David Backes to score more goals in the same time frame by himself than that group combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad