Post-Game Talk: Game 7 exorcism

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Me when I saw "WCF Nashville vs Anaheim":

Herrera.gif

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Thank the Hockey Gods (praise be upon them) for this game 7 win!

200w.gif

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Just finished watching the game... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! We actually won a game 7! :laugh:

Theo, you know I'm a fan, but wow... You just don't do that.
Then Cogliano of all people scored? And then Ritchie "sucked" some more? :laugh:
Even Boll wasn't completely useless. Un-believe-able!

WCF HERE WE COME! #goducks

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
it was a full moon yesterday, which was Getzlaf's birthday. add that his lack of hair and you have weird ones where a former #1 pick by the oilers score the tying goal, Ducks didnt fold on the pressure, guy that gets bloodied by a high stick scores the GWG and we break the game 7 losing streak.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Oh my god they ******* did it! Had to resort to replay which just finished. Carlyle did good with adjustments. Don't think Oilers deserved that goal even. Great showing by the team. Stayed the course and they didn't lay an egg, but instead they were there to win. And they did.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
it was a full moon yesterday, which was Getzlaf's birthday. add that his lack of hair and you have weird ones where a former #1 pick by the oilers score the tying goal, Ducks didnt fold on the pressure, guy that gets bloodied by a high stick scores the GWG and we break the game 7 losing streak.

So everyone around him were wearing sunglasses at night?

Congrats on the series win. Outside of officiating which is just garbage across the league I really enjoyed the series. Speed, goaltending, intensity, and amazing skill sets were shown in this series.

Good luck and please take NSH out.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
See, I told you I had a stellar record when attending games :yo:. Glad I made the trip out. Ducks were clearly the better team and if not for Talbot, that game would have been 5-1.

Edmonton is an impressive team and they're going to be around for a long time, but man oh man were their fans annoying. I tried to congratulate some of them on a great series/team, but most of them just complained about the refs.

Anyways, great series and great game - on to the next one!

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Very proud of the team. After giving up the tough first goal and the close call on the offside's by Fowler - I was sensing serious deja vu of a meltdown and and the players being more interested in arguing with the refs than winning the game.

They kept their composure, played a great game, and got the win. They had so much going against them (their history, the awful performance in game 6, their history of game 7 loses, and trailing in this game 7), but they found a way to play their best hockey of the series. Great game and I am very happily surprised by the result.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
ty v much for winning but now i have to cheer against you next round

sorry about that but it is what it is

What? So now your Tennessees Identity?

On another note, who will Sportsnet be pulling for with two 'Murican teams going at it next round? Or will they just not cover our series? :laugh:

5b77fccbe7fe6ed74e57713b6ebaf3fd

Maybe Grapes will pull for the Ducks while seeking revenge on PK for this little moment?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
So, with my first real extended look at McDavid, I can say he's an exceptionally skilled player, but not an especially effective one. Draisaitl on the other hand.... If he'd knock off the diving I think I'd be in love.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
In a shocking twist every editorial column on this series today has been focused on Edmonton's moral victory instead of our actual one. Ironically this is incredibly satisfying.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So, with my first real extended look at McDavid, I can say he's an exceptionally skilled player, but not an especially effective one. Draisaitl on the other hand.... If he'd knock off the diving I think I'd be in love.

McDavid reminded me of a young LeBron in that his game at this point is 75% based on brilliant deterrence.

He will have to learn that as the best player on the ice he will need some more selfishness to be successful in the playoffs.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
What? So now your Tennessees Identity?

On another note, who will Sportsnet be pulling for with two 'Murican teams going at it next round? Or will they just not cover our series? :laugh:

5b77fccbe7fe6ed74e57713b6ebaf3fd

Maybe Grapes will pull for the Ducks while seeking revenge on PK for this little moment?

I'll always love PK for that a little bit. At the latest when he adds that last part in perfect tone - it doesn't get much better than that. He's got to be very high on the list of NHL players you'd love to have a drink with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad