Post-Game Talk: Game 7 : 10/26 - Anaheim Ducks @ Boston Bruins , 4pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
McTavish is consistently dominating possession night in and night out. He’s our best forward so far this season. It’s certainly looking like he’s a gritty low end 1st line center type
To me he has been average not great, I notice Carlson and vatrano way more.

I am hoping they move terry to his line when killorn is healthy and he has more talent to work with.

And I think you guys are way too tough on vets like Fowler and Henrique. When you have so many rookies blowing their wads every shift you as a vet have to think more cerebrally how to play and use your energy. These kids get caught on 90 second shifts because of a bad turnover in the offensive zone 45 seconds into a cycle. They are playing cautiously for a reason.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Heck even vaaks looked good out there.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens when killorn, drysdale, and Lundstrom are back. Have to imagine silfverberg, bush, snd max jones must be nervous.

Why would Lyubushkin be nervous? He's one of our main PK'ers and Vaaks isn't. Plus, why would we separate the only pairing we haven't messed with so far this season in Minchy-Bush?

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Actually I think it does. While carlsson like had some good shifts they also got caught out there for a few long ones. Max’s line was very disciplined and strong defensively. Vaaks was very effective too.

I thought bush and minty made some very poor decisions punching and cost us odd man rushes. We are lucky to not get burnt on those.

I found mistakes on that stat card score breakdown. Neither Carlsson or LaCombe were credited with an assist on McTavish's game winner in OT. If this card has those huge blunders, then there are probably other things missed as well.

Gm 7, vs Bos (both teams chart, Labeled).png

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I am hoping they move terry to his line when killorn is healthy and he has more talent to work with.
I disagree. McTavish is dominating possession as a center and is constantly in the middle of Ducks goals.

He

And I think you guys are way too tough on vets like Fowler and Henrique. When you have so many rookies blowing their wads every shift you as a vet have to think more cerebrally how to play and use your energy. These kids get caught on 90 second shifts because of a bad turnover in the offensive zone 45 seconds into a cycle. They are playing cautiously for a reason.
Fowler and Henrique are trash. Vets Like Gudas and Strome have been awesome

Time to take out the trash - it’s starting to smell like a foul rancid odor that I’m not fond of

Reactions: robbieboy3686

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Notes:
  • This was the first game where they looked tired and disjointed for most of it. I love the energy in the last two minutes, but for most of the second and third, they had no push.
  • Zegras had no points tonight but was the best Duck. His effort was noticeable, and it resulted in that second goal. Major credit to Z for a great game.
  • Gibson...man, that second goal was trash, but he also made some big stops. I'm not sure what to think.
  • Terry and Henrique both had plenty of opportunities to put pucks in the net and just didn't, until Terry's lucky break at the end. Both of those guys need to start burying chances.
  • Leo Carlsson is going to be the greatest of all time.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I've been a critic of Vaaks but lately he's looked like a serviceable dman which brings up another issue - i think they gotta send Luneau back now. doesn't make much sense for him to be around especially with Hagg having been recalled.

Hagg was recalled as an insurance player on this 4-game road trip.

I really don't know what the org has in store for Luneau, but it kinda feels like Verbeek is trying to keep Luneau with the Ducks as long as possible. Playing him in two games in seven games doesn't feel like a trial run for Luneau. Even Carlsson has more games played than Luneau! At this rate, maybe Luneau is kept through December and possibly Luneau will play at the WJC. Afterwards, no idea.

Kinda feel bad for Luneau's CHL team because he was their leading scorer last season. Now, Gatineau has the worst record in the QMJHL. Gatineau would surely trade him away and get valuable assets back, but I have no idea if Luneau will be returned to Gatineau.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leo is obvious, but which of our other youngins make up the Turtles?

OT, the Discovery Cube in LA has a Teenage Mutant Ninja interactive exhibit where you can find out which Turtle you.

Leo - Carlsson of course lol
Mikey - Zegras
Donnie - Terry
Raph - McTavish

We also have a whole team, can maybe match the supporting characters to our other players as well, like splinter, metal head, slash, Casey Jones, mondo gecko, and etc lol

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It’s unfortunate they are going to hold back Leo’s games. First time feel he can make a run for the Calder. Especially if we can some how fix the PP which will involve Brown being shot to the moon, lol.
He looks --COMPLETELY-- ready. If any prospect has ever been ready to step off the draft floor and onto NHL ice, it's this kid.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looks --COMPLETELY-- ready. If any prospect has ever been ready to step off the draft floor and onto NHL ice, it's this kid.

No doubt he deserved to have a multi point game last night, same with Z. They looked great.

Leo’s performance has helped made me cope with z only having 1 point in 7 games, lol, but he will be fine.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
This team has got me pretty optimistic about the short (and long) term future. Killorn will be a major addition to our offensive depth. That 4th line has been really solid. Jones may be the odd man out up front, although him and Johnston could swap out on the 4th line. Cronin has these guys learning how to fight til the end.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
  • Leo Carlsson is going to be the greatest of all time.

Obviously it's only a few games, but I remember saying how if he became an all time great Swede like Sundin or Forsberg none of us would care about how the draft went down. He may yet fall well short, but considering what he's already able to do, I can actually see where that's achievable. I remember being similarly impressed by Forsberg as a rookie, but that dude was 22 not 18. Don't remember Sundin as a 19 yo rookie though, they didn't show a lot of (or any) Nordiques games back then.

Trying not to get ahead of ourselves here, but Leo's making it difficult. He's just remarkably advanced for his age.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I never realized how many people didn't realize 1) three stars of the game are done by the local press and are always absurdly biased toward the home team and 2) done with about 5 minutes to go in the third period and only re-done if the home team wins dramatically

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I agree resoundingly with all the praise being heaped on Carlsson, but to me this team is playing better because of Mintyukov.

In my mind he's our best defenseman right now. Not flashy, not loud, but always in the right place, excellent fundamentals, and a very good decision-maker. I love the way he "walks all the way up to the ladies' tees" on the PP from time to time. Just a strong, solid hockey player who has shorn up our back end expertly.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Leo - Carlsson of course lol
Mikey - Zegras
Donnie - Terry
Raph - McTavish

We also have a whole team, can maybe match the supporting characters to our other players as well, like splinter, metal head, slash, Casey Jones, mondo gecko, and etc lol
So is Derek Lee = April O'Neil?

Cronin doesn't exactly strike me as Splinter - not calm enough. But the positions are analagous.

Max Jones definitely feels like Casey Jones, even though Casey Jones had the goalie equipment.

Gary Bettman is Krang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad