GDT: Game 69: New York Rangers vs Winnipeg Jets, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Yea even ignoring that Rempe has basically the best analytics on the team and has more than earned a spot, I’d maybe understand this a little more if it were a road game and the next game were at home. Fans were buying tickets specifically to see his return from suspension and the building would’ve erupted. MSG would be electric and more intimidating to play in
Wouldn't you much prefer Johnny skating "really fast", then plopping a snapper right into Hellebuycks plane fuselage?

Jokes aside, I get coaches would rather chew glass, than bench a winning line up as is.

Still. Johnny is the def of NHL polyana.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
View attachment 838169

“Oh mylanta there are so many people here! And Martha, look how tall those building are!”

Anyways,

Just popping by from hfjets to say hi and good luck!

Hopefully it’s an exciting close game! Good test for both teams.

A note - our pp has been fire since getting monahan/toffoli. Our 5 on 5 has dipped quite a bit.

Cheers!
Instead, I think their attention would quickly draw to the crackhead freebasing in broad daylight and the homeless guy pissing on the wall of the building they're looking at.

Funny story... a guy I work with his parents came in from oversea's recently and saw NYC for the first time. His mother's innocent naivety... he said she walked up to a homeless guy laying down against a trash can smoking a cigarette, she goes sir you're going to light your coat on fire and the guy just looks at her bewildered. Her brain couldn't compute why there were so many people just lying around

• Wow
Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fans were buying tickets specifically to see his return from suspension and the building would’ve erupted. MSG would be electric and more intimidating to play in
C'mon, I'm pretty sure people are buying tickets because it's the Rangers, and they are one of the top teams in the league. As entertaining as that kid is, it's pretty sad if people are blowing a gasket for his scratching.

On one hand, it might be beneficial to show the kid that despite all the attention, he needs to learn how to control himself better. He's a 4th liner rookie on a top team. Just putting him back in "because the fans like him" is not going to develope him as a player. I'm pretty sure that the coaching staff doesn't like the fact that he has been tossed in 20% of the games he has played so far.

Reactions: klingsor

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
TYJ4kme.jpeg

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Dont mind scratching Rempe

The league made him take his medicine for 4 games.

Now Lav can send a message that he needs to be more careful.

Of course all of the fans love the kid and what he brings, but he cant be out there taking undisciplined majors every few games and putting the team down a man for 5 min.
Why not?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Gus-Fox is a sumptuous pairing.

In theory at least it should lead to a situation where the offensive flow of an extended possession isn't ended because Fox's partner lacks the vision/ingenuity to continue the play.

Still early to say how breakout plays and forecheck pressure will affect them in the D zone, but for shifts on the front foot I expect nothing but positive changes. And, after all, the more time spent on the front foot, the less time one spends defending/transitioning.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
In theory at least it should lead to a situation where the offensive flow of an extended possession isn't ended because Fox's partner lacks the vision/ingenuity to continue the play.

Still early to say how breakout plays and forecheck pressure will affect them in the D zone, but for shifts on the front foot I expect nothing but positive changes. And, after all, the more time spent on the front foot, the less time one spends defending/transitioning.
Yeah... It's been obvious this season that teams that have scouted the Rangers double team Fox and the winger on the half boards. This leaves Lindgren open on the opposite point, which is why he's always the one taking the shot.

It's going to be interesting to see how teams play Fox now with an opposite d-man who is also dangerous.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
C'mon, I'm pretty sure people are buying tickets because it's the Rangers, and they are one of the top teams in the league. As entertaining as that kid is, it's pretty sad if people are blowing a gasket for his scratching.

On one hand, it might be beneficial to show the kid that despite all the attention, he needs to learn how to control himself better. He's a 4th liner rookie on a top team. Just putting him back in "because the fans like him" is not going to develope him as a player. I'm pretty sure that the coaching staff doesn't like the fact that he has been tossed in 20% of the games he has played so far.
A lot of people are legitimately going to see him, he is the talk of the sports world. I hear people talk about Rempe outside of HF everyday. He is a celebrity even here in Canada. Went from like 3K followers on IG a month ago to now having more than Adam Fox. I don’t know how you can watch the games and how the crowd reacts to him and not think that generates any momentum, or the fact that in those 2 5 min majors we haven’t allowed a single goal because the boys feed off of his energy and energy ant to kill it even more badly for him. The not changing lineup thing after a win is BS, if it were one of Lavi’s guys he would put him in the lineup. Also we’re a banged up team and are coming off of a back to back and 5 games in 7 nights, they could use his energy.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

It's certainly not a downgrade in that regard. Lindgren is the Wayne Gretzky of getting blown up by forechecks.

Reactions: Cmox

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
A lot of people are legitimately going to see him, he is the talk of the sports world. I hear people talk about Rempe outside of HF everyday. He is a celebrity even here in Canada. Went from like 3K followers on IG a month ago to now having more than Adam Fox. I don’t know how you can watch the games and how the crowd reacts to him and not think that generates any momentum, or the fact that in those 2 5 min majors we haven’t allowed a single goal because the boys feed off of his energy and energy ant to kill it even more badly for him. The not changing lineup thing after a win is BS, if it were one of Lavi’s guys he would put him in the lineup. Also we’re a banged up team and are coming off of a back to back and 5 games in 7 nights, they could use his energy.
I'm just saying, it's f***ing sad as f*** if the Rangers are one of the top teams in the league and people are going to see a 4th line rookie, and not the Rangers. He's a nice bonus, but I'm pretty sure the fans are coming to MSG to see this team win.

Like I've said, I like the kid in the lineup. PLAYING, not in the penalty box (unless it's a fight), or in the showers. I'm not saying he's a cocky kid, I don't know, but there's a chance of that because of all the publicity. And I don't mind if the coaching staff sends a message here by saying "despite all the talk and what your teammates think about your fighting, we can't have you put us on the PK that often and your spot on the roster is not secure". If this helps him become a more dependable 4th liner, the better off we will be as a team.

Mar 26, 2004
So much reaction….

Brodzinski had a very strong game, he deserves another. 21 year old rookie bides his time. All is well

Reactions: skipmowerman

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
So much reaction….

Brodzinski had a very strong game, he deserves another. 21 year old rookie bides his time. All is well

Yeah I mean the usual suspects are attaching meaning to the lineup for some reason. Laviolette probably A. wants the coaching staff to continue working with Rempe and B. probably wants to reward Brodzinski for scoring the game winning goal yesterday. I dont see the need to change the lineup after the week they had last week. Rempe will be more useful in the Boston and Florida games, imo.

Reactions: MyLoveIsBlue and 28

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
"I come in peace".

Remember when you told us Pionk is bad? He's gone back to bad the last 5 games or so. But we still call him "Bobby" sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I'm just saying, it's f***ing sad as f*** if the Rangers are one of the top teams in the league and people are going to see a 4th line rookie, and not the Rangers. He's a nice bonus, but I'm pretty sure the fans are coming to MSG to see this team win.

Like I've said, I like the kid in the lineup. PLAYING, not in the penalty box (unless it's a fight), or in the showers. I'm not saying he's a cocky kid, I don't know, but there's a chance of that because of all the publicity. And I don't mind if the coaching staff sends a message here by saying "despite all the talk and what your teammates think about your fighting, we can't have you put us on the PK that often and your spot on the roster is not secure". If this helps him become a more dependable 4th liner, the better off we will be as a team.
WTF? How is it sad if people want to go to the game to see a young and exciting player that the fans love? Who are you to judge why someone goes to a game, as long as they’re actually into it and rooting for the Rangers it doesn’t matter to me what motivates someone to get to MSG.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
WTF? How is it sad if people want to go to the game to see a young and exciting player that the fans love? Who are you to judge why someone goes to a game, as long as they’re actually into it and rooting for the Rangers it doesn’t matter to me what motivates someone to get to MSG.
Because the way @EdJovanovski was paraphrasing it, was that Rempe is THE reason for those people going to the game. And that's sad, as the Rangers are one of the top teams in the league.

He's an added bonus, but people should be pretty happy regardless to go to see the Rangers in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad