GDT: Game 69: New York Rangers vs Winnipeg Jets, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Laviolette saving him against Eastern conference rivals. Good thinking ;)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He has as many ejections as he does points.

At this point he can’t really be trusted in a tight division race. If they can build a cushion then he’ll probably draw back in.
I'm willing to give him another chance, but he really needs to start learning. Two stupid ejections on obvious illegal plays. It didn't cost the team because the debbies suck ass, but I don't want to have those in a playoff game.

Reactions: Hire Sather

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
1710861733435.jpeg

“Oh mylanta there are so many people here! And Martha, look how tall those building are!”

Anyways,

Just popping by from hfjets to say hi and good luck!

Hopefully it’s an exciting close game! Good test for both teams.

A note - our pp has been fire since getting monahan/toffoli. Our 5 on 5 has dipped quite a bit.

Cheers!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I heard when Rempe does get back in the lineup he’s going to be extra angry. Wouldn’t want to be the first team to play him off his hiatus.
That's probably why he's sitting. He can't come back and be 11/10 or he's gonna get in trouble again.

He's a young player and he's going to sit occasionally until he learns to manage his game.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Dont mind scratching Rempe

The league made him take his medicine for 4 games.

Now Lav can send a message that he needs to be more careful.

Of course all of the fans love the kid and what he brings, but he cant be out there taking undisciplined majors every few games and putting the team down a man for 5 min.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm willing to give him another chance, but he really needs to start learning. Two stupid ejections on obvious illegal plays. It didn't cost the team because the debbies suck ass, but I don't want to have those in a playoff game.

He'll get another chance but he hasn't shown the ability to control himself. The elbow was obviously a stupid hit but he's had at least 2 others that were borderline (and he got tossed for one of them.)

This isn't to say that he can't learn but how is that going to impact the rest of his game? Being borderline kind of seems like the type of game he needs to play to be impactful but all the hype and the narrative that is being written for him is not going to buy him the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get whistled on a bunch of shit that shouldn't be called and if the adjustment is being less physical then how impactful is he really going to be?

Reactions: LOFIN

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It sure if "horrendous" is the word, but yeah,I get where you're coming from.
One could ask......are the Rangers the best team ever while sporting the worst 5v5 play?

Wonder how many Trouba haters here would prefer Pionk and have a do over trade. What else was in loved with that trade. Our #1? I don't remember.
Villa Heinola. Whatever happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be a guaranteed stud?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
View attachment 838169

“Oh mylanta there are so many people here! And Martha, look how tall those building are!”

Anyways,

Just popping by from hfjets to say hi and good luck!

Hopefully it’s an exciting close game! Good test for both teams.

A note - our pp has been fire since getting monahan/toffoli. Our 5 on 5 has dipped quite a bit.

Cheers!
cheers. too bad you guys won't see Rempe =)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It sure if "horrendous" is the word, but yeah,I get where you're coming from.
One could ask......are the Rangers the best team ever while sporting the worst 5v5 play
This team doesn't hold a candle to the 2015-16 Rangers in that regard.

101 points while being close to a bottom 5 team at 5v5. And they had a middling powerplay and a terrible penalty kill.

League best shooting percentage and the second best save percentage.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This team doesn't hold a candle to the 2015-16 Rangers in that regard.

101 points while being close to a bottom 5 team at 5v5. And they had a middling powerplay and a terrible penalty kill.

League best shooting percentage and the second best save percentage.
Those last 2 years under AV were genuinely some of the most miserable hockey we’ve seen since the Dark Ages teams. At least the Quinn teams had the expectations to suck. The 2014-15 Rangers would’ve ran the floor on their way to a Cup if healthy. The following year had similar expectations except AV refused to adjust to an aging/changing roster

Reactions: Machinehead

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Villa Heinola. Whatever happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be a guaranteed stud?
Yeah, remember when he played 8 games in 2019-20, scored 5 points, and all the Winnipeg fans gloated? Good times. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer, but if so, it's probably with another team.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
He cracked the jets starting lineup in training camp - broke his ankle last pre season game. Came back around February and is down in the AHL lighting it up and getting his legs back.

Unless something crazy happens he’ll be a starter next year. Poor kid - bad luck.

There are still high expectations for him - they probably won’t be met - but he should grow in to the offensive side of our 2nd pairing.

cheers. too bad you guys won't see Rempe =)
Oh - a lot of jets fans were happy to hear he was out. We have no one in the line up that can go toe to toe with him.

Reactions: purdy44

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He'll get another chance but he hasn't shown the ability to control himself. The elbow was obviously a stupid hit but he's had at least 2 others that were borderline (and he got tossed for one of them.)

This isn't to say that he can't learn but how is that going to impact the rest of his game? Being borderline kind of seems like the type of game he needs to play to be impactful but all the hype and the narrative that is being written for him is not going to buy him the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get whistled on a bunch of shit that shouldn't be called and if the adjustment is being less physical then how impactful is he really going to be?
I feel he can still do well in the NHL if he tones down his physicality, because of his skating ability.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I want to shoot Lav in the pants with a water pistol, filled with lavender scented spring water.

Rempe electrifies the building.

Brods makes me want to listen to "Vincent" by Don Maclean.
Yea even ignoring that Rempe has basically the best analytics on the team and has more than earned a spot, I’d maybe understand this a little more if it were a road game and the next game were at home. Fans were buying tickets specifically to see his return from suspension and the building would’ve erupted. MSG would be electric and more intimidating to play in

Reactions: Daves a mess
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad