Archibald - Sutter - Virtanen
Boucher - Dowd - Motte

Edler - Gudbranson
Del Zotto - Stecher
Hutton - Biega

Nilsson

----------------------------------------
The Opponent

On the tail end of a five-game homestand, the Vancouver Canucks have won just one of the previous four games since returning to Rogers Arena at the end of February.

The lone victory during the stretch was a 5-4 overtime win against the Islanders on Monday, an effort the Canucks followed with a 2-1 loss to the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday.

Following Friday's game against Minnesota, Vancouver will play on home ice just once over the next 16 days, traveling to California next week before beginning a four-game road trip against Vegas and three Central Division teams the following week.

Vancouver has won each of the first two games this season against the Wild, however, with both contests coming at Xcel Energy Center. The Canucks won 1-0 in a shootout on Oct. 24 before scoring a 3-2 overtime win on Jan. 14.

The Canucks are led offensively by rookie forward Brock Boeser, who has 29 goals and 55 points this season. A frontrunner for the NHL's Calder Trophy granted to the League's best rookie, Boeser on Monday sustained a back injury that could keep him out the rest of the season.

Daniel and Henrik Sedin are the only other Canucks with more than 40 points, as Daniel has 21 goals and 46 points, while 41 of Henrik's 43 points have been assists.

Jacob Markstrom has earned a bulk of the action between the posts, going 18-22-6 with a 2.77 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage in 47 starts (50 games) this season.

----------------------------------------

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Canucks are banged up, not very good when healthy and don't have much to play for.

Sounds like a trap game to me.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I never really hated the Canucks, I felt the whole rivalry thing with them felt pretty forced.

But now... After I attended that abomination of a hockey game we played against them in October... I hate them with the fiery passion of 1,000 burning suns. It was by far the worst, most boring hockey game I've ever attended.

Sure, it may have been our fault for looking awful, but I choose to focus that irrational anger on them. :laugh:

Reactions: jd22

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I never really hated the Canucks, I felt the whole rivalry thing with them felt pretty forced.

But now... After I attended that abomination of a hockey game we played against them in October... I hate them with the fiery passion of 1,000 burning suns. It was by far the worst, most boring hockey game I've ever attended.

Sure, it may have been our fault for looking awful, but I choose to focus that irrational anger on them. :laugh:
Ditto.

Nice city, though.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I hate the Canucks with the blinding pastiness of 1000 Sedins. Which isn't that much, I guess. Maybe they've been tanning? I don't know, I don't keep track of them. I just assume they're still in their lab maze being rewarded for allowing the ears being grown on their backs to be inspected.

Wonder if they'd be open to trading a backful of ears for Tyler "Shia LeBouef's Indy Jr. of the NHL" Ennis. It doesn't have to be enough to make a Universal Soldier necklace. I'd settle for an unfriendship bracelet.

Reactions: gphr513

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I had a pretty fierce hate for them after Ohlund tried to hack Koivu's leg off. Espiecially given it was only a few years after Bertuzzi/Cooke era Nucks in 2003 playoffs.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Vancouver is definitely a city that's near the top of my list to visit. Heard it's awesome.
Beautiful. Snow covered mountains overlooking Cherry blossoms in the spring. Nice looking women. Great food. Fantastic outdoors.

Just don't try and buy a house.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm completely ambivalent about the Canucks, but this will be the first part of a relatively important back-to-back. If we can get 4 points from the Canucks and Oilers there'll be a bit less pressure going into the homestretch gauntlet:

vs. Colorado
@ Vegas
@ Arizona
vs. LA
vs. Nashville
vs. Boston
@ Nashville
vs. Dallas
@ Dallas
vs Edmonton
@ Anaheim
@ LA
@ San Jose

There are very few "easy" points in there. Especially since Arizona is some kind of weird kryptonite for us.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No Boeser? No problem.

This is precisely the type of game we lose by underestimating the opponent.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
gophr & 57 i dont understand , the canucks were the dirtiest team in hockey early 2000's was it ohlund broke koivu's leg. (one of the nuckers). brewtuzzi , and cooke maybe. (i know there were 3 naughty players) then when brewtuzzi told mn fans there wouldnt be a playoff game 5. that doesnt get a rivalry going i dont know what can. ps the canucks are no longer that team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Let's get another one!

Go Wild!
tumblr_lyjn2xq9yl1r6wyj1.gif

then when brewtuzzi told mn fans there wouldnt be a playoff game 5.

You mean when he said there would be no game 6... as people were in line to purchase game 6 tickets, game 5 was in Vancouver, and the Canucks were walking into the arena to get ready for game 4 with a 2 games to 1 lead, then the Canucks won game 4 and were expected to win the series with a game 5 home victory.... but the Wild then won the next 3 games and thus the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lapa

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
gophr & 57 i dont understand , the canucks were the dirtiest team in hockey early 2000's was it ohlund broke koivu's leg. (one of the nuckers). brewtuzzi , and cooke maybe. (i know there were 3 naughty players) then when brewtuzzi told mn fans there wouldnt be a playoff game 5. that doesnt get a rivalry going i dont know what can. ps the canucks are no longer that team.
I can't live a life of hate and resentment, man.

Except for the scum from PHI.:D

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I had a pretty fierce hate for them after Ohlund tried to hack Koivu's leg off. Espiecially given it was only a few years after Bertuzzi/Cooke era Nucks in 2003 playoffs.
As a fan who didn't get to witness NHL prior to 2005, this is the reason I hated the Canucks. Vicious chop to the leg and he only was suspended for four damn games. Koivu was out long term.

One of my favorite moments all time was when Koivu returned after that injury, scored against the Canucks, and then as he was passing the Canucks bench yelled," YEAHHHH."

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

True that times have changed but Bertuzzi, Cooke, plus Kesler, Bieksa and Burrows - all-time heels. The Sedins were frustrating because of their skill a la Tom Brady. Edler almost ended Staal's career: .

But it is a beautiful city!

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Now that we are better than the Canucks it seems like we lose to them far too often. We were better against them when they were an elite team. I don't have good feelings about this game, hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad