GDT: Game 67: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 1 PM (yes 1 PM) - FSAZ+

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Eh well, Coyotes at least showed up after they got down early.

Early in the season they'd have given up and it would have gotten super ugly.

Regroup and hopefully Raanta is ready to go tomorrow.

Kuemper needs to work on his early game performance. More smelling salts or something.

Reactions: Pomee

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
No difference in losing 2-3, 2-4 or 2-5.

I think this was a good game.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So is it going to be worth the time watching the replay later? Or just move on to tomorrow?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was a closer game than the score indicates. Id say its worth it.
I missed half the game, but I didn't see Kuemper do us any favors. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed in his play since the trade. I don't think he has made one save that changed the momentum of a game or left you going WOW. His lateral movement looks slow and his rebound control is poor. Maybe it's just me.:dunno:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I missed half the game, but I didn't see Kuemper do us any favors. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed in his play since the trade. I don't think he has made one save that changed the momentum of a game or left you going WOW. His lateral movement looks slow and his rebound control is poor. Maybe it's just me.:dunno:

Not just you. I’m not impressed.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
looks up who had no shots or hits

Domi
Fischer
Perlini (did have 1 shot, but TOI 10 min so somethings up)

All 3 of those guys had what I'd call benched levels of TOI. Not terribly surprising. I haven't been particularly impressed with Fischer lately even though he's gotten some assists keeping his PPG up. If I wasn't being lazy I'd check how many were primary vs secondary. Perlini is just streaky AF. Domi is Domi.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Has been thinking the same. Still, I also think it's not a big sample size. And his numbers were great with his last team. And it would be wrong to burn him at the stake already. Also not easy to make a save when your teammates gloves it in or whatever happened. Just because you want some saves that shouldn't be saves and don't get them, doesn't mean your goalie belongs in the AHL. I think goalies generally get better with confidence, and not with critic. I hope they are nice with him. He needs some confidence.

I also think we get wrong expections regarding lateral movement. Raanta has insane lateral movement. Watching other goalies after watching Raanta makes me feel they are glued to the ice.

Rebound control is an issue with all goalies. Must be all the protection. Pucks splatter left and right.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Domi
Fischer

All 3 of those guys had what I'd call benched levels of TOI. Not terribly surprising. I haven't been particularly impressed with Fischer lately even though he's gotten some assists keeping his PPG up. If I wasn't being lazy I'd check how many were primary vs secondary. Perlini is just streaky AF. Domi is Domi.
Perlini has been snake bit but he has nort done much the last while, as he is struggling with consistency much like some others.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This was a weird game. I don't think 5-2 is reflective of the game.

Love the scrapiness of our team. Domi, Martinook in particular.

Getting Goose back in place of Schenn will be a big boost next game.

Panik is looking a little better each game. His salary is a touch high but maybe he's worth keeping next year.

Tough game for Kuemper. Again his performance was not reflective of the final score.

+1 to Colorado for the Mario sound effect when they get back to full strength.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Has been thinking the same. Still, I also think it's not a big sample size. And his numbers were great with his last team. And it would be wrong to burn him at the stake already. Also not easy to make a save when your teammates gloves it in or whatever happened. Just because you want some saves that shouldn't be saves and don't get them, doesn't mean your goalie belongs in the AHL. I think goalies generally get better with confidence, and not with critic. I hope they are nice with him. He needs some confidence.

I also think we get wrong expections regarding lateral movement. Raanta has insane lateral movement. Watching other goalies after watching Raanta makes me feel they are glued to the ice.

Rebound control is an issue with all goalies. Must be all the protection. Pucks splatter left and right.
I didn't say he belongs in the AHL, but I expected more that what I have seen and I believe he would say as much.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Panik is looking a little better each game. His salary is a touch high but maybe he's worth keeping next year.

Tough game for Kuemper. Again his performance was not reflective of the final score.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

You think Kuemper played well?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not well, but I wouldn't blame him for all 5 goals.

He's getting better each game. It'll get there.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards

Domi
Fischer

Fischer and Perlini have been inconspicuous for the past month and a half. IMO I wish Fischer would develop an edge because he's invisible when he isn't on the scoresheet.

Dauphin had a rough game tonight as well, I feel for him on the blocked shot that knocked him out of the game in the 3rd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad